Convert EDB to PST – Steps for Preserving Crucial Emails Safely
Nowadays investigators have various mediums and methodologies to preserve email data from live running servers to accessible formats on investigation work-stations. Microsoft Exchange, which is the most popular emailing server in corporate follows up downtime while performing the investigation on its emails. Due to this, it is important to convert EDB to PST. Some users even ask about the solution to export archive mailbox Exchange 2016 & other versions.
Corporate desktops, laptops, and server systems are the prime sources of evidence in digital investigation. Earlier, while collecting data from these sources, companies had to follow the server shut-down processes which brought downtime in businesses affecting the workflow.
This also carried negative impacts on the organizations where servers play an important role in preserving and managing databases. This not only ruined the businesses but also wasted precious time in making databases available for parsing emails and other data.
Table of Content
Why Do Users Want to Convert EDB to PST?
In order to make it possible to work on the email investigation of server-based emails, it is important to bring the emails from the server to more convenient platforms. It’s easy to access emails only when mounted on the server which is restricted in many aspects from an investigator’s perspective.
In such a situation, it is important to perform this task to get files in PST or any other convenient accessible format which can be viewed and analyzed without any bindings.
Following Methods to Convert EDB Files
- Export a copy of the suspect’s mailbox from Exchange Server by configuring an MS Outlook email client.
- Mailbox Merge application also known as Exmerge can be utilized in order to convert EDB to Outlook PST file.
- Exchange Management Shell in its version 2007 can be utilized for exporting a copy of the Mailbox.
- Extracting data from the backup of the Server’s “Information Store” from the complete backup of the server.
- Creating a copy of database files to other media by dismounting the databases by putting off the Server temporarily.
- An advanced utility that can convert EDB to PST can be a perfect medium for this file conversion operation.
Step-by-Step Method to Convert EDB to PST
Various scenarios like a large volume of mailboxes, potential risks towards logging in with suspect’s credentials, and unable to carve permanently deleted items or dumpster’s items can propel investigators to go for professional help to attain a complete mailbox in PST file.
Download the advanced tool that can perform the entire task with minimal effort of users. This tool is designed & developed especially with the sole aim of solving user queries. This tool is capable of doing so because of its futuristic AI & ML technmology.
Below mentioned steps are crucial complete the task without facing the most critical challenges users often come across.
Step-1. Launch EDB to PST Converter software.
Step-2. After launching the software, Click on Add File available on the main menu.
This will open another window where you can add the offline/dismounted EDB files along with STM files (if available) to convert them into other file format. This software supports both public and private Exchange database file & users can use this tool to export public folder Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 to the Outlook data file and other formats.
Step-3. Now users can get a full-fledged preview of emails belonging to all the mailboxes available in the EDB file.
Note: The dual scan mode option such as: Quick & Advance scan of this advanced utility recovers as well as repair corrupted Exchange database file in a hassle freeway. After repair, users can easily export & recover EDB mailbox to PST file in a simplified way.
The software itself provides temporary access to all the emails which otherwise is not possible to access using MS Exchange.
Step-4. Selective Export of emails is also possible using this software. Click on the Export option in order to convert offline EDB to Outlook PST file.
Also Read: How to Export Microsoft Exchange Emails from offline EDB file in an efficient way?
Step-5. Select Mailboxes >> Click on the PST export option >> Select the Browse button to set target file path >> Click on the Export button.
Finally, the process of converting EDB to PST files successful.
Benefits of Using the Advanced Solutions
- This utility can help users to export Exchange Calendar to PST files.
- The Tool offers various filters that can reduce time & increase work efficiency.
- Users can even repair corrupted files using the utility along with file conversion.
- It is quite easy for all users to export PST from Exchange server using this utility.
- The tool supports all the versions of Windows Operating system & MS Exchange server.
Bringing IT All Together
The automated software unlocks the complexities at various stages and can convert EDB to PST. After completing EDB data files conversion, it’s easy to access emails without needing the server environment. The analysis of the PST files will be then easy for users. Moreover, users can perform this operation for Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016 by using this software. This advanced tool is a perfect example of Exmerge Alternative as it can perform all the tasks in a better way.
Frequently Asked Question
- Can I Convert multiple EDB files to PST by using EDB to PST Converter software?
Yes, you can convert multiple EDB files using this software. You have to load the .edb file one by one then you can select all the EDB files to convert.
- What version of the Exchange Server, Windows OS, and Outlook are supported by this software to convert EDB files to PST?
This software is compatible with all versions of Exchange Server, Windows OS, & Outlook to convert EDB to PST.