How to Export Exchange Calendar to PST: Manual and Professional Solution
Summary: From this article, users will learn how to export Exchange Calendar to PST by using a manual solution like Exchange PowerShell Command and automated solution i.e. Exchange EDB Converter tool.
The calendar in Exchange Server plays a vital role in an organization. Users / Employees use it to schedule their meetings for the upcoming days, events, tasks, and appointments. All the information stored in the calendar is sensitive. So, it is required to export Exchange calendar items to PST and then the user can re-import again in MS Outlook and it’s also used as a backup and storage purpose.
For exporting, users can use the manual approach (Exchange Management Shell ) and the automated approach (SysTools Exchange EDB Converter tool).
Approach 1: How to Export Exchange Calendar to PST Using Professional Solution
The Exchange EDB Converter tool provides the users to export the Exchange EDB Mailbox data items such as calendars, emails, contacts, tasks, notes, and journals into PST and various file formats. The software support Exchange Database file (EDB) and Exchange Streaming Media File (STM).
Download Now Purchase Now
This utility provides Quick and Advance scan option that recovers EDB file from corruption. According to the level of corrupted .edb file you can select the dual scan mode option. Also, the advance scan recovers permanently deleted Exchange mailboxes and items from loaded offline/dismounted Exchange database file. After recovery, users can backup Exchange mailbox to PST easily.
The tool provides the Date Filter option which allows users to send data of a particular period of time. It is capable to export selective or entire Exchange mailboxes such as: archive, shared, disconnected, legacy, user and item to PST, EML, HTML, MSG, MBOX, PDF file formats.
The Categories option selectively export Microsoft Exchange emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals from various Exchange mailboxes to the selected export option. The users can split the Outlook Data File by using the Split PST File option.
Users can also export public folder Exchange 2016 / 2013 / 2010 & below versions along with all items. The tool is compatible with all Outlook, Windows Operating System, and Exchange Server versions.
Also Read: How to Export Archive Mailbox Exchange 2010?
Key Features of Automated Software
- Maintain actual folder hierarchy and data integrity
- User can preview EDB file, Mailbox & Data items before exporting
- Convert EDB to PST, EML, HTML, PDF, MSG, MBOX file formats
- The software load dismounted, damaged, offline Exchange Database File
- Remove email encryption (SMIME/OpenPGP) from Exchange Mailboxes
Steps Wise Method of How to Export Exchange Calendar to PST
Step 1: Download the software > Install > Run it
Step 2: Click on Add file button > Load Exchange Database file > Click Add
Step 3: Preview the Exchange Mailboxes and its data item > Click Export
Note: If users want to individually send the Exchange Calendar. Then select calendars and click on the Export Select button.
Step 4: Select the Exchange Mailboxes > Click on PST > Click Advance Settings
Step 5: In the category option > Select Calendar > Click Save
Notes: Now tool will export only Exchange Calendar from all the Mailboxes that the user has selected.
Step 6: Click on browse > Set the destination location > Click on export
Finally, now the exporting of the calendar is successful. Now, users can use the resultant file in the target folder.
Note: If users want to export calendar from the Exchange Server to the Outlook data file without using any command in a simplified manner. For that, they can use the SysTools Exchange Export Tool which is capable to export Exchange mailboxes and data items like – calendar, mails, notes, tasks, journals, contacts from Live Exchange Server 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007 / 2003 to the PST file format in a hassle freeway.
Download Now Purchase Now
Working Steps to Export Calendar to PST from Exchange Server
1. Download and run the automated wizard. Enter the Exchange credentials >> Select the Exchange Server version and click on the checkbox i.e. Include sub-domain users >> Click on the login button
2. Select the Exchange database mailboxes from which you want to export Exchange calendar >> Click on the next button
3. Then, select the Exchange mailbox calendar mailbox item >> Select the given checkbox and click on the browse button to set target file path >> Click on the export button
Approach 2: Export Calendar Exchange 2010 / 2013 By Using Exchange PowerShell
Users can export all the Exchange calendar items into Outlook Data File by using the given command.
Prerequisites Of Exchange Management Shell
- User need to assign permission (Mailbox Import Export Role)
- Create the Network Shared folder and assign full control to the Exchange Trusted Subsystem security group.
Note: Users will get the error while exporting if they don’t provide these permission.
Exchange PowerShell Command to Export Exchange Calendar to PST
New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox “name of mailbox” -FilePath \\SERVER02\PSTFile\def.pst -IncludeFolders “#Calendar”
This command helps the user to export only Exchange Calendar not the entire MS Exchange Mailbox.
Some users want to export calendars only for a specific period of time. So, below is the command given that helps the users
Export-Mailbox-Identity –StartDate “Insert start date” –EndDate “Enter last date” –IncludeFolders ‘\Calendar’ –FilePath \SERVER03\PSTFiles\ab.pst
Limitation of Manual Approach
- In Exchange PowerShell, users face some errors like: “New MailboxExportReuest Access to Path is Denied” or “Bad items limit errors”
- In the Exchange Admin Center, users cannot export only the calendar into Outlook Data File
- Doesn’t work with unhealthy or corrupted Exchange database mailboxes and EDB file
- Cannot export Offline/Dismounted Exchange mailboxes and items to PST file
Bringing It All Together
This write-up provides complete details to the users of how to export Exchange Calendar to PST file. Users will find difficulty while using the manual solution because users should be technically sound and requires in-depth knowledge to use the manual method. To overcome this problem the Exchange and novice users prefer to use the professional solution mentioned here that allows users to export the Exchange database mailbox calendars to PST file in a hassle freeway without any data loss. Technical and non-technical users can easily use advanced software without getting any problem.