Solve: Repair Corrupted Exchange Database Mailbox Items in EDB File
Microsoft Exchange Server is used by numerous users and organizations to implement data management and communication tasks in a seamless way. Exchange Server is a versatile and secure platform. Still, users face issues while working with it. One of the most common problems faced by Exchange users is the corruption issue. Due to corruption in Microsoft Exchange database, all the data becomes inaccessible. The user’s work flow is interrupted and he/she is not able to work with Exchange efficiently. This happens due to, damaged Exchange database mailbox EDB file. Thus, in this blog, we are going to discuss a reliable yet simple way to repair corrupted Exchange database without any data loss.
Now repair your corrupted Microsoft Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 mailbox items in EDB file effortlessly. Follow the methods described below to repair Exchange Database without any data loss.
Let Us Check Out Some Major Causes of Exchange Database Corruption
One must know the major causes which can lead to Exchange data corruption issues. This will help the user to eliminate the corruption issues in the future. The Exchange database corruption occurs due to various reasons given below such as:
- Virus Attack
- Abrupt Shutdown
- Error in database objects
- Application Malfunction
- Improper Changes In the Database Schema
A Secure & Automated Approach to Repair Corrupted Exchange Database
To repair corrupted Exchange database without any issue or data loss, the user can rely on SysTools Exchange Databse Recovery Software. With this tool, the user can easily repair corrupt mailbox in Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 EDB file in just few clicks. The software permits the user to repair and restore emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. associated with the Exchange database. The software allows the user to repair corrupt Exchange EDB database file and export the healthy data into the desired format such as PST / MBOX / PDF / HTML / MSG / EML etc. or directly into Office 365 or Live Exchange Server account. To repair corrupt Exchange database, the user has to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, download and install SysTools Exchange Recovery Tool and launch it on your system.
- Now, you need to check for the prerequisites and then click on the Add File button to repair corrupted Exchange database file
- In the Add File option, you have to choose the Select File option or Search File option according to your requirements
- Next, to eliminate the corruption from Exchange database, you have to select Quick Scan Mode or Advanced Scan Mode in the Scan Mode section. For minor corruption, one can opt for Quick Scan. On the other hand, for major corruption, you can opt for Advanced Scan. This option allows users to repair damaged Exchange mailbox items.
Note: This Advanced Scanning mode also provide option to recover deleted Mail item in Exchange EDB file. This option will retrieve and restore deleted and lost Exchange server mailbox items like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals etc. from added EDB file.
- Click on the Add button, the software will begin the scanning of corrupt Exchange database file
- The software will load all the data associated with the Exchange database. The user can view emails, contacts, calendars, notes, etc. directly using the software interface
- Now, to export the repaired Exchange database, the user click on the Export button
- In the Select Export Type section, the user has to choose the file format in which he/she want to export the repaired Exchange mailbox items
Note: The user can choose a file format from various options like: PST / MBOX / PDF / HTML / MSG / EML etc. as per requirement. Or else if one can also export repaired corrupted Exchange database mailbox items directly into Office 365 / Live Exchange Server account from software.
- After that, click on the Browse button to select the destination location to save the healthy Exchange database
- Finally, click on the Export button to begin the process
- After the completion of the process, the user will be able to access all the data associated with Exchange database
Are You Searching For Manual Approach?
Do not worry, in the section given below, we are going to introduce the manual way to repair corrupted Exchange database EDB mailbox files.
Eseutil Utility – A Manual Way To Repair Corrupt Exchange Mailbox EDB File
Sometimes, users also search for a manual approach to repair corrupted Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010 database file. Thus, the user can make use of Eseutil, an inbuilt tool associated with Exchange Server. With this native tool, the user can repair damaged Exchange mailbox database file, check the database integrity, defragment them, reduce the size, etc. To repair corrupted Exchange database using Eseutil utility, the user can follow the step-by-step process explained below:
Note: Before implementing the manual approach, one must create a backup of the Exchange database.
- First of all, you need to dismount the database from Exchange
Dismount-Database –Identity <name_of_the_database>
- Now, you have to run Eseutil/d command as shown below
eseutil /d <name_of_the_database> /T <location_of_temporary_path >
- Next, mount the database back to Exchange after the successful running of the Eseutil command
Mount-Database –Identity <name_of_the_database>
- After that, you have to make use of Eseutil/p command to repair the database
eseutil /p <location_of_the_database>
- At last, you need to execute the new-mailbox repair request command to eliminate the errors in the database
New-MailboxRepairRequest -Database -CorruptionType
In some scenarios, the user is not able to implement the manual approach in a correct manner and it results in data loss. Thus, to eliminate all the catastrophic situations, it is recommended to opt for an automated approach i.e. SysTools Exchange EDB Recovery tool. With this utility, the user can repair corrupted Exchange database mailbox items in a seamless way and export the repaired data into the desired file format.