How to Recover Deleted Video Files from Hard Drive in 5 Simple Steps
Want to recover deleted data like photos, videos, documents, etc.? No need to worry you can recover deleted video files from hard drive very easily, no matter whether you deleted them intentionally or unintentionally.
“Hello, I saved some of my important videos in hard drive. But, somehow the videos got deleted from hard drive and I can not access my videos. But, I want some videos back. So, how can I recover video files from hard drive?”
“Hey! Please tell me that how to recover permanently deleted videos, HTML files and other documents from hard drive. Because I have deleted some of my videos mistakenly by clicking on “shift+delete” button and I want them back.”
Common Reasons For Video Deletion
- By mistake, you delete some videos by pressing “delete” button.
- You click on the “shift + delete” button unintentionally and you lose your videos.
- You formatted your hard drive and did not take backup.
- Removed data from recycle-bin.
- Virus attacking or infection.
But don’t worry, you can retrieve deleted videos from hard disk and not only videos, but you can also recover permanently deleted videos from hard drive easily and you also recover photos, audios, documents many more things by using this hard drive recovery software.
There are 3 Methods to Recover Videos from Hard Drive
1. Manual Method to Recover Deleted Videos from computer
2. Professional Software to Recover permanently Deleted Videos from Hard Drive
Recover Deleted Video Files From Hard Drive Using Manual Method
1. Recover videos from hard drive using Recycle-bin:-
If you have deleted videos, photos, documents, etc. by simply clicking on the “delete” button or deleted your data by doing a right click then it is a very easy task to retrieve deleted videos from hard disk. Because all your deleted data can be recovered by using a recycle bin. You can recover video files from hard drive easily.
- Search for the recycle-bin icon, do a right-click on it.
- Click on the “open” button.
- Now, you have to select the files which you want to recover.
- Do a right-click on the selected files and click on the restore option.
You can use this manual method to restore data but there are chances that you can lose your data. Because the manual method has some drawbacks. So, to recover deleted video files from hard drive you should use professional software.
2. Recover videos from hard drive using CMD
If you want to retrieve deleted videos from hard disk then you need to follow the steps given below:-
- Select and press “Windows + R” keys together and then type CMD.
- Type “chkdsk, ‘drive letter’ /f” in CMD Window and after this, press enter.
- Click the “Y” key and press enter to continue the process.
- After this, user needs to press the “F” key and after that click on the “enter” button.
- Type in F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and click on enter button.
Note:- You can use manual methods to recover deleted video files from hard drive but they have some major drawbacks due to which you can lose your data permanently. So I will suggest you to use a professional software named as Hard Drive Recovery Software. You can download the utility any version of Windows. This software will recover permanently deleted videos from hard drive safely and also your photos, audios, OST files and all your documents.
Recover Video Files From Hard Drive Using Professional Software
Step 1 – Download Software
Firstly, download Hard Drive Recovery Software and then install it. After that, go to start, select “all programs” and after this select “Hard Drive Data Recovery”.
Step 2 – Scanning Data
After performing the above step, you need to select a scanning option.
You should select a scan option only when you need to recover deleted or corrupted data. And If you can select a formatted scan option when you need to recover formatted data. After selecting any one option you have to click on the “scan” button.
Step 3 – Progress Report
When you will click on the “scan” button. The software will show you a progress report with the reading percentage. You need to wait till the time it gets 100%. And the software will show your data in the left panel of the software.
Step 4 – Recovery
When scanning is completed the software will show all the data in the right panel of the software. And it will show permanently deleted data in red color for user convenience. Now, you need to select the data which you want to recover and save the data.
Step 5 – Saving Data
Now, the last step is that you need to select a destination to save your recovered data.
Key Features Of Hard Drive Recovery Software
- This software supports all window versions.
- It recovers formatted data, corrupted data, and delete data safely.
- Recovers data from internal as well as external hard drives.
- You can recover data from GPT & MBR partition.
- It supports different file formats like NTFS and FAT.
- Retrieve lost files from a hard drive.
- This software highlights the permanently deleted data in red color.
- The software will provide you a “refresh option” to find any attached storage device.
- It recovers data quickly from IDE, EIDE, and SATA devices also.
In this blog, I have discussed “How To Recover Deleted Video Files From Hard Drive”. There are some common reasons for video deletion which I have mentioned above. And I have also given 2 manual methods to recover videos but if you are not able to recover data using manual method then you can use SysTools Hard Drive Data Recovery Software. This software recovers data safely and securely.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you recover deleted videos from hard drive?
Yes, Try SysTools HDD Recovery software and recover normal deleted and shift deleted videos from hard drive. If you have technical knowledge and you delete your data by pressing delete button then you can also try Command Prompt.
How do I recover permanently deleted files from my hard drive?
By following four simple steps you can recover permanently deleted files from your hard drive.
Step 1. Download the software on your PC
Step 2. Select scan option to scan your drive
Step 3. Now preview your all restored data
Step 4. Finally, save your data at the desired location