How to Recover Deleted OST Files from Hard Drive? Easy Guide
Do you want to recover deleted OST files from hard drive? If yes, then don’t worry; you can recover deleted, formatted, or corrupted OST files from the hard drive easily. You can resolve any issue by using the manual and automatic solutions to restore permanently deleted OST files from the hard drive. So, in this blog, you can learn some hassle-free methods.
What is an OST File?
The OST file is an offline file in Microsoft Outlook. The advantage of offline folders is that the user can work offline but then the user can synchronize the changes with the exchange server when they get connected. OST Files stores a huge amount of information like messages, contacts, calendar data, etc.
Common Reasons for Data Deletion
- Accidental deletion is one of the main reasons for data deletion.
- Virus attacks or virus infections.
- Voltage Fluctuation.
- Hardware Malfunction.
Quick Steps to Recover Deleted OST Files from Hard Drive
- Download and run the Hard Drive Recovery Tool.
- Select the hard drive partition to delete data.
- Click “Scan” and wait for the software to finish scanning.
- Preview the recovered data from the hard drive.
- Specify the location and save the recovered files.
Manual Methods to Recover Lost OST Files from Hard Disk
There are two manual methods to retrieve permanently deleted OST files from hard disk. But both manual methods have some drawbacks, which I will tell you later on. So, to overcome those drawbacks, you can use professional software to recover deleted HTML files from hard drives.
Method 1: Retrieve Data Using the CMD Method
By using the CMD method, you can probably restore the data. But manual methods do not provide any security for recovering files from hard drives safely and securely without losing them. So, users will use this method at their own risk. I will suggest not using this method.
- Firstly, press the “R + Windows” key together and type CMD in the search box
- After this, type “chkdsk, ‘drive letter’ /f” in the CMD window. After performing this step, click on the “enter” button
- Now, press the “Y” key and then press the “enter” button
- Type in F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and click on enter button
Method 2: Retrieve Data Using Re-Cycle Bin Method
By using the Re-Cycle Bin method, you can recover deleted JPG files from hard drive. But there are chances that you can lose your data by following the manual methods. You can not recover permanently deleted OST files from hard drive by using manual methods but you can recover them using software. So, you can use professional software to restore deleted OST files from your hard drive.
- The very first step is to search for the recycle bin icon
- After this, right-click on the icon and click on the “open” button
- Now, you need to select files that you want to recover deleted data from in the recycle bin.
- After this, right-click on the selected files and click on the restore option.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- Not precise results
- Data deletion during the recovery process
- Shows errors in between the recovery procedure
- Do not show correct results
- Manual methods don’t provide any kind of surety to recover data safely
Don’t worry; you can overcome these drawbacks by using the best professional hard drive recovery software. You can recover deleted OST files from the hard drive by using professional software.
Professional Solution to Recover Deleted OST Files from Hard Drive
Deleting data is one of the most annoying problems. This can be done intentionally or unintentionally. However, in reality, important documents are lost. In such situations, users need a reliable Hard Disk Recovery Wizard to recover permanently deleted files from external hard drives. Therefore, to simplify the recovery process,.
This tool can recover Shift deleted PDF files from hard drives on computers and laptops. It will recover data from your computer’s internal and external hard drives. All you need to do is download and install the software on your computer. Next, we proceed to restore the formatted hard drive.
Retrieve Deleted OST Data Files from Hard Drive
Step 1: Firstly, download hard deleted data recovery software and then install it. After that, go to Start and select “All Programs.
Step 2: You should select the scan option only when you need to recover deleted or corrupted data. And you can select the formatted scan option when you need to fix external hard drive not formatted error. After selecting any one option, you have to click on the “scan” button.
Step 3: When scanning is completed, the deleted partition recovery software will show all the data in the right panel of the software. And it will show permanently deleted data in red for user convenience. Now, you need to select the data that you want to recover and save the data.
Step 4: Now, the last step is that you need to select a destination to save your recovered data.
Most of the users want to know how to recover deleted OST files from hard drives. Two manual methods are available to restore deleted OST data files from hard disk. but they have some drawbacks and don’t provide a guarantee to restore your data safely. So to overcome this problem, we have found software. We have mentioned all the benefits you get from using this software to retrieve files from Toshiba external hard drive.
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes, by using the simple five steps of the software, users can recover deleted OST emails from their hard disk.
If you have hard-core knowledge of technology, then you can use the manual method. If you have a non-technical background, then you can try third-party software. It will help you recover deleted OST data from your hard drive.