How to Restore Selected Data from a Formatted USB Drive – Flawless Solution
Summary: There are dozens of reasons to format a USB drive, either for hardware or software issues. But what, if you want your formatted data back? This guide introduces a simple and reliable method that will help you to recover formatted files from pen drive. Read the details to learn how to restore selected data from a formatted USB drive.
USB flash drive, also known as USB stick, USB thumb drive, and pen drive. It is widely used to store, backup, and transfer data between devices. Although USB drives are portable and easy to handle, there are certain unfortunate times when users lose files from them. And, accidental deletion/formatting is one of the major causes of losing important files.
It is common wisdom that data loss is always unavoidable. When you have plugged your external storage drive into a system, you cannot open it to access the files because the windows pop up an unknown error message-“You need to format the drive before you can use it” or ” The disk in drive X is not formatted” or “Access is denied” etc.
Why does External Storage Drive Keep Prompting to Format it?
Before we go to the solution part, let’s understand some reasons that may lead to this error.
- The file system is not recognized by Windows.
- The external hard drive suffers from a sudden power outage when it is used to transfer files.
- Improper ejection of the Drive.
- The external storage drive gets a virus attack.
Let’s understand a user’s query that we have taken from one of the forum sites
“Can I restore my valuable files from the formatted USB flash drive? I have a 64 GB Kingston USB drive which stores all my precious images and PDF documents. Yesterday, I accidentally formatted my pen drive. When I opened the drive again I found there was no data, in this situation what should I do? Is there any way to restore selected files from a formatted USB drive easily? Thanks, I’d greatly appreciate the help”
Losing data from the USB flash drive has become the most common problem faced by many users. If you are also dealing with such problems then, here we come up with the most suitable solution to overcome the issues.
So, let’s begin with the solution.
How to Restore Selected Data from a Formatted USB Drive?
The process of restoring selected files from a formatted USB flash drive is no longer complicated or time-consuming. With the SysTools USB Drive Data Recovery software, you can restore your formatted data easily. It recovers deleted photos from USB flash drive and also restores documents and multimedia files, etc. The software ensures the complete recovery of data from formatted, deleted, and corrupted external storage drives and it provides a clear picture of all recovered data on its intuitive interface so that, the users can save either Selected Data or Complete Recovered data in a hassle freeway.
Follow This Step By Step Process to Restore Selected Data From a Formatted USB Drive
- Download & Run the Software on Windows OS.
- Click on the refresh button to view the newly attached drive without closing the software.
- Click on “Formatted Scan” to restore files from a formatted USB.
- Preview recovered data in the software panel.
- Simply check the files from the right-side panel then right-click on the selected files and hit on the save option to save data at any desired location.
- After the completion of export the process, the software will display the Export Completed Successfully message. Simply hit on the OK button.
Why Choose This Software Over Any Thing Else?
- Restores all types of files including documents, excel sheets, PDFs, photos, videos, audios, and many more.
- Without any data loss while processing with this program.
- Supports recovering deleted files from FAT, NTFS, exFAT file systems.
- Recovers permanently deleted files from external storage drives of various brands like Transcend, Lexar, SanDisk, Kingston, PNY, Sony, HP, and other brands.
- A friendly interface offers a hassle-free recovery of data.
- Compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system.
- Preview the recovered data with associated attributes.
- Fix data from USB Flash Drive, USB key, and SD Card.
- Filter-Based Advanced Search Option to search within the recovered results.
- Support to recover erased data from pen drive.
If you do not know the right procedure, then a simple task becomes the tedious one. In the same way, users who do not have technical knowledge may face problems getting files back after formatting the USB drive manually. Therefore, we have discussed the most simplest and effective method in a detailed way to restore selected data from a formatted USB drive without losing a bit of information.