How to Recover Corrupted Word File from Pen Drive? Everyone Should Know
Have you ever encountered an error message while trying to open a Word document on a pen drive? If yes, you are in the perfect place. Because of the many user queries, we considered this issue and came up with this comprehensive blog. Here, today! We will be going to disclose the perfect techniques to resolve how to recover corrupted word file from pen drive.
So, just read out the complete write-up to understand the issue appropriately. But before proceeding ahead initially, go through the below-outlined user’s real-time query. This will help you understand the issue properly. This scenario is taken from the forum website. Get a glance at:
User’s Real-Time Query
“Yesterday I tried to open a word file that was saved to a pen drive. However, the flash drive was securely ejected and the local machine was shut down. But when I tried to open that word file again, I got this error message like, ‘The file cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents’. I think my word files are getting corrupted, those word files consist of some important data. Now, we want to recover a word document from a flash drive. Is there any solution to do so? If yes, then please suggest it ASAP. Thanks.”
Automatic Solution to Recover Corrupted Word File from Pen Drive
If you are still unable to get the desired output after performing the above-stated manual tricks,. So, you can choose this alternative method. This is a third-party application named Pen Drive Recovery. Mainly, using this effective recovery tool, you can quickly recover deleted files from Pen Drive within a few minutes.
This software is specially designed to restore corrupted, deleted, and formatted data from USB flash drive. Besides that, it also contains some reliable features and functionalities, and with their help, a user can effortlessly perform the corrupted data recovery process. Thus, if you need to do the same, simply install the recovery software on your local machine by clicking on the below-mentioned download button.
Steps to Recover Deleted Word Files from Flash Drive
Simply, follow the below-explained directions to implement the procedure to recover a word document from a flash drive. All the steps are described perfectly. Let’s have a quick look:
- Firstly, run the Pen Drive Data Recovery Software on your system.
- Then, the software will provide you two specific options to recover word files from flash drive, such as Scan and Formatted Scan, to recover deleted word files from flash drive Now, you have to choose any option as per your requirements.
- Here, you can review your recovered erased data from the pen drive.
- Finally, click on the Save option from the top pane of the software to store the retrieved word file at any preferred location.
Manual Method to Recover Corrupted Word File from Pen Drive
After considering the above-stated user’s query,. Here, we come up with a manual solution to recover data from pen drive affected by virus. Mainly, this free resolution is available in two workarounds. Both ways are discussed in an efficient manner. You just have to follow any of them to implement corrupted file recovery from a USB flash drive. So, let’s begin to recover a word document from a flash drive :
Recover Deleted Word Files from Flash Drive Using Map Network Drive Utility
- When you select My Computer, it should confirm that your USB flash drive is being recognized or not. If it does not recognize it, you must opt for the Map Network Drive.
- Additionally, select the drive letter that is not utilized on the computer. It will assist you in browsing the devices that are attached at that time.
- Now, after completion of the browsing, you have to restart the computer and then hit My Computer.
- At the end, this surely assists you in solving the corruption issue with your pen drive.
Recover Word Files from Flash Drive Utilize Windows Scan to Fix Logical Issues
- Firstly, insert the flash drive into your local machine.
- Then, navigate to This PC/My Computer and choose the Removable Disk icon.
- Now, right-hit on the Removable Disk Icon and open its Properties.
- Click on the Tools option and choose the Check Now button
- After that, you will get two disk options: scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors and automatically fix file system errors. Here, you have to check both of them.
- Click on Start, and the scanning procedure begins automatically.
- Ultimately, quit the program after the successful completion of the scanning procedure.
Just in case, you are utilizing the Windows 10 OS. So, you have to follow the below-explained directions to recover a corrupt Word document from a flash drive without any omission.
- First of all, insert your pen drive
- Browse to This PC / My Computer and choose the Removable Disk icon.
- Right-hit on the Removable Disk Icon, then, open its Properties.
- Now, click on the Tools option
- Select the Rebuild option to move forward
- Then, close the wizard after the perfect completion of the process.
- Finally, eject your pen drive from the local machine.
- Chiefly, we are going to share some special tips that can help your pen drive not get corrupted in the future.
- You should run an anti-virus program regularly. Likewise, it will help you remove viruses and malware that cause corruption-related issues on your pen drive.
- All the time, when you eject the USB flash drive from a system, use the safely remove option. Make sure that you do not directly pull out the thumb drive. Because this is one of the possible reasons behind the occurrence of corruption on pen drives.
Almost every single user prominently prefers a pen drive due to its enhanced functionalities and portability. Though, users can store thousands of data files, like photos, word files, videos, music, etc., in it,. However, those data files that are saved on a pen drive are prone to corruption. Moreover, once the data file is corrupted, it becomes difficult to recover it. Thus, in this post, we highlight the perfect approaches to resolving how to recover corrupted word file from pen drive. Mainly, we have discussed the manual and professional ways to recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive. You can go with any of them according to your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can recover corrupted word files from a flash drive by using a few simple steps that I mentioned above.
You can recover a corrupt Word document from a flash drive with the help of manual methods.
You can recover files from a corrupted flash drive by reading this blog.
Yes, we can recover word files from flash drive with the help of this blog.