How to Recover Data from Pen Drive Affected By Virus Effortlessly?
Overview: Do you want to recover data from pen drive affected by virus or more unknown viruses? If you have ever experienced this, then you know that a virus attack can cause unexpected data loss on your hard drive, external hard drive, memory card or USB drive.
These days, the virus infects a pen drive and is commonly faced with issues by several users. So, we took this issue into consideration and came up with this flawless article. Today! With the help of this post, we will reveal the perfect techniques on how to recover virus infected files from pen drive or USB drive. Mainly, we will discuss the free and professional solutions for the same. Just go through the complete blog to learn more. Let’s get started:
Symptoms of Having Virus in Pen Drive
When the virus attacks any storage device, such as a pen drive, hard drive, memory card, etc., you can easily recognize that a virus has highly infected your device. Here, in this section, we are going to mention some common symptoms that make you realize that a virus is infecting your storage device:
- Your file system is getting destroyed. Because when a virus attacks your device, it directly destroys the file system.
- The filename has been changed
- When a virus attacks your pen drive, it will start deleting the entire data. So, in this situation, you lose your complete data
Methods to Recover Data from Pen Drive Affected by Virus
Chiefly, there are two ways to restore files from the virus-infected flash drive: manual and professional. So, in this segment, we will be going to discuss both of them adequately. You can follow anyone as per your necessity. Let’s get started:
Solution #1: Recover Files from the Virus Infected USB Drive Using CMD
This is a manual way to recover data from pendrive after virus attack affected by malware. Mainly, you can perform this free solution using a command prompt. To do the same simple thing, follow the below-stated steps appropriately.
- Initially, plug your pen drive into your local system.
- Navigate to the Start menu and type cmd in the search bar. Hit the Enter key, and then you will see something named cmd.exe in the list.
- Then, hit cmd. Exe and you will be guided to the Windows command line. Here, it permits you to recover files and folders from a virus-infected pen drive.
After implementing the above-listed directions, you might format your USB flash drive. Or, in case you already do that,. So, you should proceed to an alternative solution because there is nothing left now.
Solution #2: Recover Data from Pen Drive Affected by Virus Using Professional Software
There is no manual solution that has the ability to recover formatted data from pen drive. Using this suggested Pen Drive Data Recovery software, you can flawlessly recover corrupted, deleted, and formatted data from a flash drive that is infected by the virus. Mainly, this software falls under the world’s top 5 recovery applications. All types of users, whether professional or non-professional, utilize this tool all over the globe.
It quickly and effectively scans the virus-infected pen drive and recover deleted photos from USB flash drive. Moreover, this tool comes in two editions, such as demo and paid. So, download the free version of the software and check out its more proficient features and functionalities.
1: Download and install on your Windows PC.
2: Select the scan option to recover pen drive data.
3: View the recovered files and save the required files.
4: Choose a location and export the file.
Steps to Recover Virus Infected Files from Pen Drive
Here, in this segment, you will get the instructions to execute the data recovery procedure from a virus-infected USB flash drive. Though we have discussed all the steps sequentially,. Simply follow all of them to restore corrupted, deleted, and formatted data from the pen drive instantly.
- Primarily, download and run the software and plug in your virus-infected pen drive to your device.
- After that, the software will provide you with two options, such as a scan and a formatted scan. Here, you have to choose a formatted scan to proceed further.
- After the completion of the scanning procedure,. Now, the software will display all the recover files from the virus infected USB drive.
- Lastly, click on the Save button to store successfully recovered data at any desired place.
Tips to Prevent Pen Drive from Affected by Viruses in Future
- You should regularly scan your USB drive.
- Do not download and store any unsecured or corrupted data files on the pen drive.
- Run an efficient and effective anti-virus program as soon as you realize that your USB is getting infected by a virus.
- You should avoid using your USB on public computers. Only use it on safe and secure local machines.
Are you waiting for any miracles to happen? So, you are just wasting your time. Do not waste your valuable time; simply go thoroughly to this complete write-up to understand how to recover data from pen drive affected by virus. Mainly, we have discussed the manual solution as well, but it cannot do the same in the minimum amount of time. And this free solution consists of some constraints that end up formatting the USB flash drive. Thus, it is highly recommended to go with the tool to show hidden files in USB windows. All in all, this is a reliable application to implement the data recovery procedure from corrupted, formatted, or virus-infected pen drives. Conclusively, it depends on you which one you need to acquire; you can go with any of them.
Frequently Asked Question
Q: How do I show virus-infected hidden files on a pen drive?
- Connect the flash drive to your computer.
- Open File Manager and go to the View tab at the top of the window.
- Select the Hide Items checkbox in the Show/Hide section.
- Open the flash drive and check if hidden files are visible.
You can try antivirus software after that, scan your pen drive to restore files from the virus-infected flash drive. After that, try the above software.
Users can recover data from pendrive after virus attack using the CMD that is mentioned above in the blog but remember one thing: CMD is complicated. If you make any mistakes, you will permanently lose your data.