How to Recover Formatted Data from Pen Drive/ USB Drive? Know Here
Sometimes the pen drive starts showing an unknown error message, which requires formatting the device. Users intentionally format their flash drives to get rid of errors without knowing the fact,,, i.e., they lose their crucial data after formatting the pen drive. But, losing data files does not mean they are irretrievable. However, you can recover formatted data from pen drive or USB drive without any omissions. Now, a query comes to your mind: how? So, go through the complete blog to learn how you can recover files from formatted flash drive.
Recover Formatted Data from Flash Drive using CMD
CMD (Command Prompt) gives users the ability to search for lost data, especially when users delete, hide or format storage devices such as solid state drives or hard drives containing data.
- However, users should be very careful when using the CMD command line to recover formatted data from a USB drive. Just follow a few simple steps:
- Right–click the Windows icon and select Search.
- Enter the Command Prompt, then right-click CMD Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes to run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- At the command prompt, type chkdsk F: /f and press Enter. Type Y and press Enter to continue. Type F and press Enter again.
- Type the code F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and press Enter. (Replace F with the drive letter of the device where the data files were lost.)
- After completing the steps, all lost data files will be found and saved in the newly created folder on the flash drive. Users can change the file extension to a regular format and then make the found files usable again.
Command Line Disadvantages
Using the command line has many disadvantages, some of which are mentioned below:
- CMD basically scans the file system and disk metadata to check their integrity. If any error occurs in the logical file system, it is corrected.
The CMD command is used to repair minor drive damage and check the health of the drive. However, it cannot protect the complete recovery of formatted data from a flash drive.
This will be difficult for ordinary users. Because if users make a mistake, they lose their data forever.
Flawlessly Recover Formatted Data from Pen Drive
Here, we come up with the Pen Drive Data Recovery Tool. This application is specially programmed to recover corrupted, deleted, and formatted data from a USB flash drive. Mainly, this tool falls under the top 3 recovery applications due to its enriched features and functionalities. Professionals provide a 5-star rating after utilizing it. Moreover, this software can instantly and securely retrieve formatted data from pen drive or any type of data,, like videos, photos, music, word files, PDFs, etc., from a pen drive.
Despite this, it is a true instance of user-friendliness. Because it is equipped with an efficient and effective interface. So, any user, either geeky or non-geeky, can utilize this software to restore selected data from a formatted USB drive. Furthermore, this tool also supports recovery from exFAT, FAT, and NTFS formatted external storage drives. One of the proficient things about this tool is that it supports all versions of Windows OS without any hindrance.
Simple Steps to Recover Formatted Data From Pen Drive
Step 1: Primarily, install and run the software. Now, the pen drive, which is connected to the system, will be displayed by the software
Step 2: Now, choose your formatted pen drive from which you have lost your data files. After selecting the device, all the basic attributes of that drive will be detected and displayed by the software automatically.
Step 3: Then, the tool will provide you with two options to scan the flash drive: Scan and Formatted Scan. Choose the Scan option in case of corrupted or deleted data. Otherwise, in the case of a formatted pen drive, you have to go with the Formatted Scan option.
Step 4: After that, the drive scanning procedure begins properly. When it completes perfectly, all the recovered data will be listed along with the item count and it will bold the folders that contain data. Here, you can review the entire recovered formatted data in the software panel.
Note: Subsequently, if you are looking for permanently deleted data components in the list of recovered items, all the deleted items will automatically be highlighted in red.
Step 5: Ultimately, check all the formatted data elements which you need to recover and hit on Save also, you can directly click on the Save button to export all retrieve formatted data from pen drive. However, it is the last step to recovering formatted data from the pen drive.
Exceptions of Pen Drive Data Recovery Software
In this technological arena, there are many data recovery applications present in the online market. But, when we talk about the best, selection becomes a tough thing. Thus, below, we are going to mention some unique things that can only be found in the tool. Therefore, all those functionalities make it more smart and handy in comparison to other programs:
- 100% Safe & Secure Utility: This application is programmed with enhanced algorithms that make it completely safe and secure for your system. Mainly, it does not cause any kind of system infliction after installation.
- Smartly Recover Data: After implementing the recovery of lost, permanently deleted, formatted, or corrupted data using this software, there will be no chance of data loss. It recovers all types of data like photos, audio, videos, documents, etc. However, it will recover files from formatted flash drive even without making any changes to the original folder hierarchy of the database.
- Self-Explanatory Interface: This software has an easy-to-use interface, If you are a novice user, you can implement the recovery procedure using this tool without any expert assistance.
- Facilitates 24/7 Free Technical Support: Just in case, you are confronting any issue while performing the recovery process with this tool, you can get help from experts in this field at any time. However, the technical support team is highly skilled and able to recover deleted videos from pen drive within a few minutes.
- Availability of a Free Demo Version: Software furnishes a free demo version for the user to understand the workings of software. So, initially, you have to utilize a demo version of the software and recover deleted photos from pen drive. After getting the expected outcome, you can get the full version to save recovered data items.
Important Tips to Avoid Data Formatting
- In case you need to get back formatted data from pen drive or corrupted and erased data from pen drive. So, the most important thing to keep in mind is to prevent any type of reading or writing access from the USB flash drive.
- Once you format your pen drive, either intentionally or unintentionally,. So, you should immediately stop using that existing flash drive. Doing this directly reduces the chances of overwriting data. Because when data is overwritten, it can be irrecoverable.
- Mainly, to operate this flash drive data recovery software, you need a minimum of 100 MB of free hard drive storage space, 2 GB of RAM, and an Intel Pentium 1 GHz processor (x86 or x64) or equivalent.
- If you are utilizing Windows OS versions 11, 10, 8.1, or 8/7,. Then, please run the software as ‘Run as Administrator’.
Time to Verge
In this write-up, we have discussed the perfect utility to recover formatted data from pen drive. It supports retrieving deleted JPEG from Windows. So, from now on, do not feel tension if you permanently delete or format your flash drive, as software is there to help you in the most severe scenarios.
How to Retrieve Formatted Data from Pen Drive – FAQ
With the help of Pen Drive Data Recovery Software. You can get back formatted data from a pen drive very easily.
We can recover files from formatted flash drive or pen drive after reading the above-mentioned blog. It is very helpful for users to recover data.
You can recover data from the formatted pen drive with the help of the above-mentioned blog. In this blog, we have mentioned a perfect solution.
Yes, it is possible to recover data after formatting the pen drive with the above-mentioned tool.