How to Restore .bak File to PST File Without Any Data Loss?
“Yesterday, I faced some problem while using Microsoft Outlook 2010. Sometime later, I realize that my PST files may be corrupted. So, I attempted to repair it by using the Inbox Repair tool and it has created a .bak file. Even I tried to access that BAK file, but it was unable to open it in my MS Outlook. Can anyone tell me a suitable solution to restore a .bak file in Outlook? Kindly suggest me a dependable solution for the same. Thanks in Advance!!”
Backup is one of the finest saviors for every user who had lost very important data. Even mostly .bak files are automatically generated by the applications in the system. One such email application that creates .bak files is Microsoft Outlook. It can automatically generate the backup (BAK) file during the execution of the Inbox Repair Tool Wizard. In the case of PST file corruption, these .bak files are very useful for restoring PST files. However, sometimes this .bak file cannot be opened and may become corrupted. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss all possible ways that will help a user to understand how to restore .bak file to PST file in a definite manner.
Recover Data from .bak File in MS Outlook Manually
Here is the possible manual approach that will help to open a BAK file from Outlook application. At first, when running the Inbox Repair utility, it automatically generates a .bak file of an original PST data file. Therefore, this backup file will be saved in the same location where the original PST file has been stored before. If this original file has become corrupted or deleted, then the simplest way to get the data back is to import the .bak file into Outlook. Follow these steps carefully to restore the .bak file to PST format:
- Navigate the desired location of BAK file in your local system
- Now, you can create a copy of Outlook BAK file and save that file with PST extension (For e.g., test1.bak>> test1.bak.pst).
- Under Import and Export Wizard, you can import “test1.bak.pst” file in MS Outlook
- Start the Outlook application and go to File tab. A drop-down menu appears, choose Import and Export option
- Next, choose Import from another program or file and press Nextbutton
- Browse the newly created .pst file (“test1,bak.pst) under File to Importoption
- In the given Options, select Do not import duplicates option and hit on Next
- Under Select the folder to import from, select the PST file ( Personal Folder files) and then, choose Include subfolders
- Eventually, choose Import folders into the same folder in and afterward, the newly created PST file (test1.bak.pst) and press the Finish button.
In case, if the above-described method gets failed to import .bak file to Outlook, then users must have to follow steps below:
- Go to File tab, select Open button and then, choose Outlook Data Files
- Now, browse the location where the newly created PST file is saved (test1.bak.pst) and press OK button
Remember: This manual solution only uses to access a BAK file in MS Outlook account. But, it cannot restore the corrupted .bak file.
Can I Recover .bak File in Outlook PST Using an Expert Solution?
Have you ever failed to import BAK file in MS Outlook using the manual method? Then, no need to worry, we will suggest you a reliable third-party tool named as Outlook Recovery. It is one of the best solutions that helps to repair corrupted PST files within a few clicks. The best feature of this tool is that it restores Outlook BAK file and keeps the formatting of the original item. Also, it has a simple and easy-to-use interface that even a novice user can use it without taking external help.
Time to Conclude
It is the best option to make a backup file while running the Inbox Repair tool to recover PST file. Therefore, in this blog, we have explained a step-by-step procedure in order to import the .bak file in Microsoft Outlook. But, this manual method has some shortcomings. Thus, it is always advised to use a professional solution, which helps to restore outlook.bak file to PST file without any inconvenience.