Solved: How to Repair Outlook 2010 PST File of Minor & Major Corruption
Outlook is an email application which is used by many organizations on their daily routine. Not only it permits numerous advanced features and functionalities, but also facilitates access to important emails and crucial incorporated data with their associated files, even the absence of internet connectivity. Outlook saves its data into PST file format. The PST (Personal storage table) data files are used by all versions of the MS Outlook including 2010. It offers an efficient method to store the several data or important information of the users in reliable storage file format. But, sometimes users face an occurrence of corruption in PST data file. So, in this article, we are going to discuss the best approaches to repair the Outlook 2010 PST file. Mainly, we have discussed the manual and professional solution to fix Outlook PST file.
Common Errors that Appears During PST Files Corruption
Here, are some errors that displays, while using MS Outlook, particularly signifies you the actual issues with the PST data files. Some of the common errors are outlined below:
- Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Cannot open the Outlook wizard. The set of folders cannot be opened. The operation failed.
- Errors have been detected in the file “PST file path here”.
- The PST file (PST file path here) is not an MS Outlook data file (.PST).
Causes Behind PST File Corruption
Outlook PST data file corruption issues mostly occur due to hardware and software issues that are mentioned below:
- If the hard drives as a disk storage are might crash, this too leads the loss of the PST files.
- Abnormal termination of Outlook program and oversized volume of PST data file.
- Microsoft Outlook incompatibility with another program.
- If your local machine has been attacked by malware and viruses group, your PST files might stand at a higher risk of corruption.
Steps to Repair Outlook 2010 PST File Manually
Here, are the following steps to perform the procedure to fix Outlook 2010 PST file. This manual solution is divided into the main 2 workarounds. If you want to perform the manual solution to it is advised to take a backup first. Because this solution does not provide any guarantee to keep your data safe. Let us move forward.
- Firstly, you have to open up Windows Explorer and select the following drive: “ \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14 Folder”
- Here, double-click on the Scanpst.exe utility.
- Hit on the “Browse” button in order to locate and open the PST data file that you want to scan.
- After that, if you need to specify scan options then, select the “Options” button and opt an option that you desire to choose.
- Now, choose the “start” to proceed the procedure forward.
- You will be notified to begin the repair procedure for fixing the errors. If any error and issue are encountered.
- A backup file will be generated, when your Outlook PST is under repair process. In order to modify the default storage location or the name of the respective backup file, select “Browse” and opt the location of your choice.
- Click on the “Repair” button to begin the repairing procedure.
- Now, commence the Outlook client with a specific profile, which includes your PST file that you have been trying to fix.
- Lastly, select the “Folder List” under the Navigation Pane.
- Initially, launch ‘Control Panel’ and select an option to “Programs”
- In this step, you have to choose “Program and Features”.
- Here, find and choose an appropriate version i.e. MS Outlook 2010.
- Now, hit on “Change” option and choose “Repair and Continue”.
- At the final step, try synchronization once the repair Outlook 2010 procedure is finished.
Professional Approach to Fix Outlook 2010 PST Data File
The above-mentioned manual solution does not provide any surety to repair the PST file an effective manner. So, here we come up with a reliable alternative to resolve the user’s issues. This is an efficient third-party application such as “Outlook Recovery” software to repair PST file. With the help of this tool, a user can easily fix Outlook 2010 PST file within a minute. It is a superior software to repair damaged PST file of Outlook with both minor and major corruption simultaneously. This recovery software allows repairing multiple PST files at once in batch mode. This tool is equipped with advanced features and functionalities that make it prominent. Moreover, this tool recover damaged Outlook file data from corrupted PST in UNICODE and ANSI formats. Even a user can split large size PST file after repairing. Not only this, the recovery software facilitates variant file options to save the recovered data.
Points to Consider While Using Outlook Program
When you are working with MS Outlook 2010, or any other previous version, it is mandatory to run the Outlook application appropriately. While considering some necessary guidelines:
- Quit the Outlook prior to run inbuilt PST repair operation
- Install and launch the reliable anti-virus applications on the local machine.
- To prevent exceeding stipulated limit, you have to keep consistent watch on the PST file size.
- You should have to follow a proper process to exit the Outlook application.
In this article, we have discussed two approaches to repair Outlook 2010 PST file effectively. A user can opt any of them as per their need. But manual solution contains some disadvantages that may affect the repairing process. So, it is highly recommended to go with a professional tool such as “Outlook Recovery”. This software facilitates you an ordinary advantage and performs the recovering procedure positively.