Solved: How to Repair Outlook 2010 PST File with Minor & Major Corruption
Many organizations use Outlook as their email application. Not only it offers numerous advanced features and functionalities, but also facilitates access to important emails and crucial data even in absence of internet connectivity. Desktop-based Outlook saves its data into PST file format including in Outlook 2010. It offers an efficient method to store several data or important information of the users in a reliable storage file format. Sometimes PST data file becomes corrupted and creates an annoying situation for the users. So, in this article, we are going to discuss how to repair Outlook 2010 PST file. Before knowing ways to fix PST file from Outlook 2010, have a look at the causes and symptoms of corruption.
Common Errors that Appears During PST Files Corruption
Getting various error messages is the sign that PST data files are having some corruption. Some of the common errors are listed below:
- Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Cannot open the Outlook wizard. The set of folders cannot be opened. The operation failed.
- Errors have been detected in the file “PST file path here”.
- The PST file (PST file path here) is not an MS Outlook data file (.PST).
Causes Behind PST File Corruption in Outlook 2010
Outlook PST data file corruption mostly occurs due to hardware and software issues as mentioned :
- If the hard drive that stores the PST file crashes
- Abnormal termination of Outlook program
- Oversized Outlook 2010 PST file
- If Microsoft Outlook is clashing with another program.
- If the local machine has been attacked by malware and viruses group
Steps to Repair Outlook 2010 PST File Manually
There are two different mwthods to fix the corruption issues of MS Outlook 2010 PST file. If users want to perform the manual solution, it is advised to take a backup first. Because this solution does not provide any guarantee to keep your data safe. Let us move forward to the steps of manual technique.
Manual Method 1
- Firstly, open up Windows Explorer and select the following drive:
“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE14 Folder”
- Here, double-click on the Scanpst.exe utility.
- Hit on the “Browse” button in order to locate and open the PST data file that you want to scan.
- After that, if you need to specify scan options then, select the “Options” button and choose the option you desire to choose.
- Now, click on the “start” to start the process.
- You will be notified if any error and issues are encountered.
- A backup file will be generated, when your Outlook PST is under repair process. In order to modify the default storage location or the name of that backup file, select “Browse” and navigate to the chosen location.
- Click on the “Repair” button to begin the repairing procedure.
- Now, start Outlook and open the specific profile, which includes the PST file that you have been trying to fix.
- Finally, select the “Folder List” under the Navigation Pane.
Manual Method 2
- Initially, launch ‘Control Panel’ and select an option to “Programs”
- In this step, you have to choose “Program and Features”.
- Here, find and choose an appropriate version i.e. MS Outlook 2010.
- Now, hit on “Change” option and choose “Repair and Continue”.
- At the final step, try synchronization once the repair Outlook 2010 procedure is finished.
Professional Approach to Fix Outlook 2010 PST Data File
The above-mentioned manual solutions do not provide any guarentee to repair corrupted PST file in an effective manner. So, here we come up with a reliable alternative SysTools Outlook Recovery to resolve the user’s issues. This is an efficient third-party application software to repair Outlook PST files without scanpst. With the help of this tool, a user can easily fix Outlook 2010 PST file within a minute. It is a superior software to repair damaged PST file of Outlook with both minor and major corruptions simultaneously.
Download Tool Purchase Now
This recovery software allows repairing multiple PST files at once in batch mode. This tool is equipped with advanced features and functionalities that make it better than other available tools from the market. Moreover, this tool recovers damaged Outlook file data from corrupted PST in UNICODE and ANSI formats. Even a user can split large size PST file after repairing. Not only that, the recovery software also facilitates various output file options to save the recovered data.
Steps to Repair Outlook PST File of 2010 Version
- Launch the tool and add PST file.
- Check all data items are repaired without data loss.
- Select PST or any other format as output file.
- Click on Export button to get repaired Outlook 2010 PST file.
Additional Top: Points to Consider While Using Outlook Program
When you are working with MS Outlook 2010 or any other previous version, it is mandatory to use MS Outlook application appropriately. It is better to consider this necessary guideline:
- Quit the properly Outlook prior to running inbuilt tool for PST repair
- Install and run any reliable anti-virus application on the local machine.
- To prevent exceeding the size limit, always keep an eye on the PST file size.
In this article, we have discussed two approaches to repair Outlook 2010 PST file effectively. A user can opt for any of the methods as per their needs. But the manual solutions contain some disadvantages that affect the repairing process. So, it is highly recommended to go with the professional tool. This software facilitates you an ordinary advantage and performs the recovering procedure positively.