How to Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive? Eminent Solution
Pen drive, also known as a USB flash drive or thumb drive, is widely used to store, backup, and transfer data between devices. Although pen drives are portable and easy to handle, there are certain unfortunate times when users lose files from them. And, accidental deletion is one of the major causes of losing files from Pen Drive. So this article will provide the solution to recover deleted files from pen drive.
But it does not mean that deleted files from the pen drive cannot be recovered. If your photos and any files got deleted from your flash drive, then don’t panic! Here, we will cover some effective methods that can be used to retrieve deleted data from pen drive in Windows 11, 10, 8 and other versions.
Reasons Behind Losing Data from Pen Drive
Some factors that might cause data loss on a pen drive are:
- Accidental deletion of the files
- Power fluctuations and failures
- Virus and malware related issues
- Miscellaneous reasons
- Overuse of the hardware device causes it to fail.
Methods to Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive
In the subsequent section, users will learn about the various methods to restore deleted file from flash drive.
Let’s understand each workaround in a detailed manner.
Method 1: Retrieve Deleted Data from Pen Drive Using CMD
Restoring deleted files from pen drive is possible even without software. For this, you will need to use the command prompt. Although it is not guaranteed that you will recover all deleted and formatted files from pen drive by using CMD.
Follow these steps to Retrieve Deleted Data from Pen Drive:
- Connect your Pen Drive to your PC, then press Win + R to launch Run Program Then type cmd, then click OK.
- Type ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D G:*.*, in the command prompt wizard.
- Press the Enter key. Then Windows will attempt to restore deleted file from flash drive, and you can look for them on your pen drive after the process is complete.
Method 2: Restore Permanently Deleted Files from Pen Drive Using Reliable Software
It is a powerful and safe Expert Choice solution to recover deleted, corrupted, or formatted data from a pen drive. Thus, this application is specially designed to recover formatted data from pen drive without any hassle.
with this utility, you can easily recover corrupted word file from pen drive without technical hiccup. You can download this software on the Windows version. Moreover, this software provides an understandable and smart user interface. So, a novice user can also implement the recovery procedure easily. Besides this, below we have mentioned all the salient features of the software.
- Recover & restore videos, images, documents, etc. from a pen drive.
- Highlighted permanently deleted files from Pen Dive in red colour.
- Supports recovering deleted, corrupted & formatted data from dynamic disks.
- The software supports recovery from all brands of pen drives of any size.
- Restore exFAT, FAT, and NTFS formatted pen drives.
- Restore corrupted files in a healthy state from the pen drive.
- It supports to recover virus infected data from pen drive
Quick Process to Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive
1: Download & run Pen Drive Data Recovery Software.
2: Connect your pen drive to your system.
3: Click on the “Scan” option instead of the formatted Scan.
4: Preview recovered deleted data from Drive.
5: Click on “Save” to restore data at any location.
If you do not know the right procedure, then a simple task can also become the tedious one. In the same way, people who do not have technical knowledge may face problems to recover deleted files from Pen Drive. Therefore, we have discussed the two simplest methods to restore selected data from a formatted USB drive. You can try any of them that suit you best.