How to Recover Data from an Inaccessible USB Drive – Ultimate Solution
USB flash drives, hard drives, and pen drives are some devices which are portable and store data in their memory space. These devices are convenient because they are easy to carry, which means that everyone can carry their data anywhere, using it across multiple devices. But, there are chances that your USB drive data can get inaccessible. but, you don’t have to worry about that because you can recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive.
Reasons for USB Drive Corruption
There are mainly two main reasons why your USB flash drive can get corrupted or your data will become inaccessible.
Reasons for Logical Damage
- Plug out of the flash drive improperly is one of the main reasons for data corruption.
- Invalid data in MBR (Master Boot Record).
- Data in PBR (partition boot report) gets invalid.
- The directory structure on the USB drive.
Reasons for Physical Damage
- Broken stems and broken connectors
- Dead drives, means drives with no power supply.
- Format error
- Inaccessible drives
These are some of the reasons for data loss. But, you can recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive.
Recovering Process For Logical Issues
There are many issues due to which flash drive data gets inaccessible. But don’t worry, you can fix a corrupted flash drive without losing data because now you can recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive easily by using SysTools Pen Drive Recovery Software.
Step 1:- Download & Install:– Download and install the software to recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive. After you download the software a list will appear with all the connected pen drives and memory cards on the home page.
Step 2:- Refresh View Option:- This software provides a “refresh view” option. You need to click on the “refresh view” option. So that you can see the newly connected pen drive or memory card without closing the application. Now you need to select the device on which you want to take backup. When you will select a device at that time a panel will appear on the right side with all the basic details.
Step 3:- Options For Data Recovery
After you select the device, the software will provide you with 2 options for data recovery.
- Scan:- If you want to recover deleted and corrupted files then you should select the “scan” option.
- Formatted Scan:- If you want to recover formatted data from USB then you have to select the “formatted scan” option.
Step 4:- Scanning:- After you select the option of data recovery then you just have to wait because the software will show you the reading percentage and you have to wait till the time it gets 100%.
Step 5:- Recovered:- After it gets 100%, the software will show you all the recovered folders on the left side of the panel and highlight the folders which contain data. You can see the complete data on the right side of the panel and on the right side, you will see some files marked with red colour. The software will mark only those files with red colour which were permanently deleted.
Step 6:- Save Data:- Now, the software will give you 2 options to save the recovered data:-
- For Selected Data:- If you want to save some selected data then right-click on the selected files and then click on the “save” option.
- For Complete Data:- From the left panel select the main folder which contains all your data and then click on the” save” option in the menu bar. After this, select a destination where you want to keep all your data.
Step 7:- Check:- The last step is to check, so check whether the data is transferred to your selected destination or not.
This Software can recover deleted photos, videos, and documents by using this software.
Recovering Process For Physical Issues
There are many reasons for data corruption but also there are some manual methods through which you can fix corrupted flash drives without losing data.
Recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive by using drive recognition-
- Firstly go to start, then open the control panel and then click on the device manager.
- Expand the list which is next to the “Disk Drives” option.
- Do a double click on USB Drive and choose the option to “Enable Device”.
- Click on the “next” option.
- You need to click on the “next” option again.
- After this, click on “Finish”.
After this, assign the drive letter by following the steps given below:-
- Go to start, then open “control panel” and then click on “system and security” and after that open “administrative tools” and choose “computer management”.
- Do a right-click on the USB drive and select “change drive letter and paths”.
- Click on “Add” and then click on “OK” to move forward.
- After this, assign the available drive letter to a USB drive.
- After doing this, do a right-click on the USB to designate it as “online”.
Data of USB Drives can become corrupted anytime because of some physical and logical issues. But, now you can recover data from an inaccessible USB Drive by using SysTools Pen Drive Recovery Software. This software is reliable and it recovers the data safely and securely.
Yes, this application can recover data from logically damaged USB drives. Users can use the above-given software to recover videos, audio, documents, etc.
Yes, the above-mentioned blog software supports different languages.
Yes, this Software supports working with Windows 10 version. this software supports all Windows versions for data recovery.