How to Export Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook?
If you look for methods on how to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook, almost all the solutions will end with a third-party software. There is a specific reason behind that. In this article, we will elaborate on this very reason. Additionally, we will also explain what kinds of free methods have been tried out? In the very end, an assured way of converting Thunderbird emails to Outlook will be given along with the reasons to choose it over others.
Before that, let us view some queries that people often ask online:
- How do I migrate Thunderbird folders to Outlook?
- Is there any way to convert files from Thunderbird to Outlook?
- How to import Thunderbird data in Outlook 2016?
- Can I access MBOX files of Thunderbird in Outlook 2019?
Be it, files, folders, data or mailbox, all of them point towards Thunderbird mailboxes containing emails and attachments. Hence creating a situation where in each case, users want to know how to import Thunderbird data files into MS Outlook.
Why is it difficult to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook?
The reason is simple: Mozilla Thunderbird saves data in MBOX files whereas Outlook uses PST format for the same. Also, none of these email clients have any native option to perform this conversion. So, what do you do? The first answer that comes to mind is looking for some free workarounds. Because it is human nature.
Why Manual workarounds Fail:
One way that is all over the internet regarding Thunderbird to Outlook conversion is the drag and drop workaround. One simply drag-and-drops Thunderbird emails to desktop, thus saving them as EML files. Then again drag-and-drop them into Outlook platform. But can a free alternative as easy as this be without any limitations? Most likely not!
This exactly is the case here. Though drag and drop seem a practical approach, it changes your email properties especially the header part.
Furthermore, drag-and-drop is only feasible for like 50-60 messages. For exporting emails from Thunderbird to Outlook numbering in thousands, the method becomes too time-consuming.
Lastly, the issue with every manual method associated with this migration: loss of data. Be it missing emails, attachments, headers or formatting, the free approaches are all affected by the loss of important data.
This is why, no matter from where users begin, they always end with using a third-party software for conversion.
SysTools Thunderbird to Outlook Converter: Just Another Software Or Something Great?
This is up to the users to decide. Instead of just accepting what’s written, it is more practical to use the software and get to know the tool for yourself. Because the end goal here is safe migration of Thunderbird emails, not simply praising the software. That can come after successfully converting MBOX to PST.
The reason why we are recommending this software instead of so many available online is its Reliability & Flexibility. Take a look at some of its features to understand why users who have given it a try never regretted it.
- Conversion of entire Thunderbird data into PST format by directly fetching mailboxes from configured accounts.
- Ability to export backed up Thunderbird MBOX files from local disk without requiring any email clients
- Capable to scan and export Thunderbird archives, SBD folders and local folders along with emails and attachments
- Selective and bulk conversion support in 100% safe and secure environment
- An easy-to-use and interactive interface with options to display emails in eight different preview modes
- And finally, the ability to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook without losing attributes – Thus preventing any sort of data loss be it formatting, structure, inline images, hyperlinks, attachments, etc.
All in all, it covers every aspect of Thunderbird mail to Outlook migration and offers users a reliable platform to move their data with maximum flexibility. Even the steps to do so are simple and straightforward.
Simple Steps on How to Export Emails from Thunderbird to Outlook
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Run the Thunderbird Converter and click on Add File button
- Step 2: Now, select to auto-detect Thunderbird data or manually import its MBOX files
- Step 3: Showcase all the emails along with attachments in proper previews
- Step 4: Choose PST option and save the files at the preferred location with Export button.
A couple of minutes, depending on the size of the mailbox is all it takes for successful conversion of emails without losing any data. Users can also make use of a unique split feature as per requirements during the process.
It has been seen that users looking to know how to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook often end up with incompetent tools and methods. This results in a web of issues and data loss. Through this article, I tried to shed light upon the various reasons as to why the manual method is so incompetent. And also recommend users to go for a reliable and assured product developed by SysTools. Of course, users can always try the freeware version before setting up their mind on this utility. After all, it is the smarter and more practical way to go about the email migration.