How to Backup Thunderbird Emails to External Hard Drive in Simple Steps
In this write-up, you will find a verified way to backup Thunderbird emails to external hard drive. Simply perform the steps.
When individuals move to a new PC or think for security, they look for backup solutions. And the same thing goes with Mozilla Thunderbird mail client users. The majority of home-based and small-business computer persons utilize Thunderbird because it is free. Although it’s secure and suitable for officials at a small level, backup is something that should be done on regular basis.
Keeping the backup of Thunderbird mail client at any secondary location is a good habit. It enables officials to recover from sudden technical disasters, which you never know might occur. Considering all thoughts of different types of users, we prepared today’s write-up. In this, readers will track the manual as well as the automated method to backup emails from Mozilla Thunderbird to flash drive.
“I am operating my current Thunderbird profile since 2016. Due to some personal reasons, I wish to backup Thunderbird emails to an external hard disk. I tried doing this through a free add-on but, that wasn’t suitable for me. Actually, I need a smart approach that archives all mailboxes of Thunderbird quickly without wasting much time. Can you please suggest a standard technique to backup Thunderbird mailboxes on Windows 10?”
Method 1: – Backup Thunderbird Emails to External Hard Drive
Overcoming the challenges of the manual measure was our prior duty. And we did this by finding out a precise solution to backup Thunderbird emails to external hard drive. This method backups all email folders collectively and provide the option to save in PST, EML, PDF, and another common file format.
Mozilla Thunderbird Converter Software is one of the most suggested products in today’s date. Highly skilled professionals use this app on daily basis to create a secondary copy of the Thunderbird profile. Users don’t have to compromise data integrity or security while using this particular solution.
Steps to Backup Thunderbird Emails
Follow the below-mentioned steps to save Thunderbird emails to hard drive. The listed steps are checked and verified by many IT experts. So, feel free to follow:
Step 1: – Download software and install it on your Windows system. After that launch the tool and click on Add File.
Step 2: – Select Mozilla Thunderbird email application and after that select Default, Profile Configured option. Click on the Next button.
Note: – To use this option make Mozilla Thunderbird your default mail application.
Step 3: – Software will automatically find the database location. Select Identity which you want to save on local drive. Also, you can backup all configured identities simultaneously. Now click on the Process button.
Step 4: – Now the software will provide you a preview of emails with all attributes. Click on the Export button.
Step 5: – Select a file format from (PST, EML, MSG, PDF, HTML). The recommended option is EML format after that, provide the path to save the backup file (provide an external drive path). Click on the Export button to save Thunderbird emails to flash drive.
Hurray! It Now As Simple As We Imagined
In just 5 steps you can backup Thunderbird emails to hard drive. It also ensures to backup complete emails without any issue. In the below section free solutions are also explained. But these solutions are not recommended to use.
Also Read: Export Thunderbird Emails to New Computer
Method 2: – Backup Thunderbird Emails to Hard Drive Manually
The manual approach to backup Thunderbird emails to external hard drive comprises of following steps execution:
- Open a web browser on your PC and download the ImportExportTools add-on from the internet. It is essential to get this add-on so as to archive messages locally from Thunderbird.
- Now, launch the Mozilla Thunderbird program and click on Tools >> Add-ons
- A new tab appears where you have to click on the Gear icon and select Install Add-on from the file
- Select the Add-on that you had downloaded from the internet in Step (1).
- Click on Install Now button for installing the ImportExport app in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- At this stage, you have to restart the program by clicking on Restart Now link.
- Right-click on Inbox mailbox of Thunderbird and choose ImportExportTools >> Export all messages ….. >> PDF. (Note – We choose PDF so as to make Thunderbird emails accessible on all digital platforms.
- This opens a ‘Select Destination Directory’ wizard where you have to define the target path for saving Thunderbird messages.
Why Manual Measure Is Not Suited for Professionals?
At one time, only one email mailbox can be exported. Multiple folder processing is not possible in a manual approach. Apart from this, below listed are the reasons due to which backup can’t be done manually.
- Downloading of the ImportExport add-on from the internet might result in virus occurrence on PC.
- There is no guarantee of maintaining data integrity by using a manual method to backup emails.
- In add-ons, profile security is at high risk. Chances of data breach or account being attacked are there.
- If a person has fewer technical, he or she should not try this. Because in case of a wrong click, permanent data loss may occur.
This Post Explains Solution for All These Queries:
- Backup Thunderbird Windows 10, 8, 7
- How to backup Thunderbird emails to external hard drive?
- How to save Thunderbird emails to external hard drive?
- Saving Thunderbird emails to flash drive
- How do I save Thunderbird emails to hard drive?
- Mozilla Thunderbird save emails to hard drive
- Copy Thunderbird emails to external hard drive
- Copy Thunderbird emails to external hard drive
How to backup emails from Thunderbird to external hard drive? This question has a simple answer. Not to be worried because we have prepared a dedicated post to create a secondary copy of Thunderbird mailboxes. If you have an ample amount of time and don’t have any stress of business growth, use a manual approach. But, if time is precious for you and your business is at high stake, stop thinking and use the suggested tool to extract email messages from MBOX.
The perfect way to save Thunderbird emails to flash drive, external hard drive, USB, and Pen Drive.