3 Simple Methods to Archive G Suite Emails (now Google Workspace)
Google G Suite (now known as Google Workspace) with more than 6 million paying businesses in March 2020 has grown incredibly from 5 million reported in February 2019. Although it has stiff competition from other productivity suites, predominantly Microsoft, it has been growing its reach with enterprises switching to cloud platforms.
Now, although Google Suite is responsible for providing productivity and collaborative services such as emails, contacts, calendars, slides, cloud storage, and team collaborative tools, it is not responsible for archiving them. It’s the G Suite user/administrator task to archive G Suite emails and save them to the local storage. Fortunately, there are 3 methods for archiving Google mailbox and we are bringing them to you in this article.
What to Expect From this Article?
This article discusses the process to archive G Suite account items such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. The topics to look forward to are as follows:
Why the Need to Archive Google Workspace Mailbox Items
We have listed some common reasons that can help you counter different scenarios by archiving the data items.
- If some user(s) delete the G Suite data accidentally or maybe it’s intentional
- If a device that has all the emails synced to it is lost or gets stolen, then archiving and deleting the information is good
- When an employee leaves the organization and his/her account is to be reused
- When a third party app attacks your G Suite account using its ‘allowed’ hidden permissions
- A ransomware attack is always the ultimate threat to your G Suite mailbox
- There are situations when Google service faces outage or shutdown, and you need to access your archive
- Business mergers and acquisitions lead to plenty of scenarios in itself that can lead to mailbox archiving
- And, of course, legal compliance task generally requires data to be stored in a local system
3 Methods to Archive G Suite Emails
There are only 3 expert-recommended solutions to archive mailbox items of G Suite account(s). Each method requires a different level of expertise and authentication. We will learn about it in the method explanation itself. These methods are:
- G Suite Native Tool for Administrators
- G Suite Special Tool for both normal users and admin
- G Suite Takeout for normal users
So see what your qualifications are and choose the method of your liking.
How to Take Archive of G Suite Mail with Data Export Tool?
Every G Suite for business subscription comes with G Suite Export tool. However, this feature is only accessible to the super administrator of the domain. With this native tool, an admin can archive complete G Suite account of all users without exceptions.
The steps for using this feature are given below.
- Use the admin credentials to sign in to the G Suite account
- Go to the G Suite Admin Panel and click the left arrow (<) button on the top-right corner.
- Click the Data Export option in the Tools section.
- The feature is now open, click on Start Export button to start archiving the G Suite account.
- Now, wait for a few days for Google to process all the user accounts of your entire domain.
- You will get the confirmation email with the download link of the archives.
- Open and click Access Archive button to view and save the user account contents to your local system.
Time for a few Drawbacks
- There’s no way to access this feature with a normal user account
- The Admin has no control over the data to process as the tool does not provide any way to select data category or specific set of user accounts for the archive purpose
- The more accounts you have in your domain, the more time it will take to get the confirmation email. It may very well take your 9 days or it may just end in an unsuccessful attempt.
How to Archive G Suite Emails & Other Mailbox Items with Special SysTools Software
The obvious drawbacks of the above method lead to another tool to do the archiving in a better manner. G Suite Backup is the way to go. It allows archiving of individual user account as well as multiple G Suite accounts at once. Not only emails, but contacts, calendars, and several drive documents can also be saved with this application. It archives the G Suite emails to Outlook PST format. However, you can demand the feature of having multiple formats (PST, EML, MBOX, MSG) by communicating with our support team.
Free Download Purchase Now
Furthermore, it has everything that the native tool does not provide in the previous method. Date-range filters, delta backup, priority-based system, choosing the accounts to archive are a few more features that this tool provides.
You can go to the official SysTools site to know how this professional tool archives G Suite mailbox items for single as well as domain users.
How to Archive Account with G Suite Takeout Method
This method is only for individual users accounts and unlike the previous two methods, has nothing to do with the administrator privileges. Since this method cannot handle the archive process of multiple user accounts at once, it is often referred to as a Gmail backup solution. However, G Suite users also apply it to archive G Suite emails for his/her single account.
The steps are given below.
- Use the G Suite credentials to sign in to takeout.google.com/settings/takeout
- Click “Deselect All” and checkmark the Mails option to archive the mailbox, click Next.
- Select “send download link via email” and set the file type to ZIP.
- Choose other settings as per requirements and click Create Archive.
- The next window will display the “archive in process” message. Wait for it complete or simply close the web brower as you will get an email anyways when the process completes.
- Open the confirmation email that you received and click on “Manage Archive” button.
- Now, click on the “Download” button to save the archive file on the local computer.
- Extract the file on your system to find the archived G Suite mailbox within the compressed file.
Time for some drawbacks:
- It is only applicable to a single account at a time
- Only 3 attempts can be made in a day (7 in a week)
- If the mailbox is large, the attempt will result in failure more often than not
- There is no way to archive G Suite email having collectively 50 GB or more size
- Admin has the ability to turn off Takeout for all domain users, so you may be unable to use this method anyways.
Making an archive of the cloud data is a constant need for many users. Even administrators require solutions to archive G Suite emails from multiple user accounts at once. So, we introduced some expert methods to take care of this user’s need. The native Export tool is good if you can count the number of G Suite accounts on your fingers. While the special method allows you to take care of your custom needs. Even the final method is good for individual G Suite users who want to archive Google Workspace mailbox items without any help.