Add G Suite to Outlook with Top 3 Methods
Ever since the cloud was introduced, a large number of users and sectors have flocked from local applications to cloud services. Even the management of emails can be done on the cloud with platforms such as G Suite and Office 365.
However, there has been an increase in queries regarding the connection between Google G Suite and Microsoft Outlook. This connection allows a user to work with the G Suite data in the Microsoft Outlook email application. So, here we will explore how to add G Suite email to Outlook depending on the user requirements.
Basically, one of the apps of MS Office Suite is Outlook, which is a well-known email client. The special thing about Outlook is that we can access it offline! Even without an Internet connection, we can analyze data, read messages, and access them.
Most companies plan to use MS Outlook, for example for commercial purposes, email sharing, etc. As a result, Outlook has become a milestone in achieving this goal. Now the question is how to add gsuite email to Outlook.
Methods to Manually Adding G Suite Email to Outlook
There are several methods to take care of this task. For a better understanding of what method to use to add gsuite email to outlook, read below:
- Manual Method I: To add a G Suite account in Outlook to be able to work on both Gmail and Outlook, one can use the first method. It configures the account in the Outlook app and lets you synchronize the data between them.
- Advanced Method: This is applicable for users who wish to Add the G Suite data and access it in Outlook. This method is also the suggested way to backup Google Workspace emails.
Now, it’s clear what situations these three solutions solve, so let us move on with the methods in detail.
Method 1. Add G Suite Mail in Outlook
Firstly, Install and run Outlook
Do the following to set up your Outlook account with a G Suite account:
1. Fire up Outlook, click “Tools >>”, then “Account Settings“
2. In the Email tab, select New
3. To choose an e-mail service, select the following: IMAP >> Next.
4. Enter your data: name, email ID, and password.
For the Gmail ID: enter @ gmail.com
For the G Suite ID: username@your_domain.com
5. Check the box “Manually configure server settings or other types of servers” >> Internet E-mail
6. In “Settings“: enter your name, e-mail address
7. Select “IMAP” from the “Account type” section.
- Incoming server name: imap.gmail.com
- Outgoing server name (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com.
8. Provide your full Gmail address in the Username field.
9. Click on “Next“.
10. Go to Tools >> Select Options >> Select Mail Settings.
11. Internal e-mail account >> Click on E-mail account.
12. Select the account you wish to create >> click “Edit“
13. Press More Settings >> Advanced Tab
- Incoming server-993, with SSL/TLS encryption.
- Outgoing Server-465 with SSL/TLS encryption.
14. Now select the Outgoing Server tab, select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and select “Use the same settings as my incoming mail server”
15. Press OK >> Next >> End >> Close >> OK
After completing the above configuration, you can easily access added G Suite email to Outlook.
If the solution is NOT working, try to Enable less secure app or generate and use password for Outlook in the G Suite Mail authentication menu.
Note:- If you want to try other manual methods, try the G Suite Data Export Tool. This is a free solution but it is a time-consuming process.
Disadvantages of the Manual Method
- The manual method is free, but not easy. This also has some disadvantages. Perform manual methods carefully in a sequential manner, otherwise, serious failure may occur.
- Manual methods take a long time. It is not that easy to move the data as synchronization is a time-consuming process.
- When performing manual steps, there is always the possibility of data corruption.
Users can use an alternative solution named Google Workspace backup tool. It is a safe, reliable, and fast solution for instant data backup. It is the best way to import G Suite emails to Outlook by converting all the added G Suite user accounts’ mailboxes into PST files. It provides data filters, category selection, delta backup, and many other features for easy admin use. Download the free version of the tool before using the full version.
Working Guidance to Adding G Suite Email to Outlook
- Firstly, install the software, and select G Suite to add g suite email to Outlook. And choose the category that you want to move to Outlook.
- Regardless of whether you wish to move one or more accounts, enter the G Suite admin creds and other information. (Refer to the Guide provided on the main website).
- After that, choose the path where you want to save the PST files after conversion.
- Then, add the list of users that you want to move to Outlook, and validate them in the next window.
- Finally, click “Start backup >> Start” to successfully add G suite email to Outlook.
This method doesn’t add G Suite to Outlook but actually transfers Google emails to Outlook for offline access.
In this write-up, we have discussed manual and automated solutions to add G Suite email to Outlook. Because users search for manual solutions first. But, they are not aware of the drawbacks of the manual method. Users can use the risk-free automated solution to get rid of all data loss issues. Now it is up to you, to make an informed decision.