G Suite Export Tool – It’s Best Alternative
As a G Suite user, you must be familiar with the G Suite Data Export Tool. This tool or feature is provided by Google only for G Suite admins so they can export data from all the G Suite domain users on the local system. If you ever wish to backup G Suite, then it is certainly the most recommended solution on the internet.
But does that make it the best tool overall? Certainly No! It has flaws that render it useless in many situations.
In this blog, we will give you a complete overview of the working and limitations of the G Suite Export Tool. We will also discuss the best alternative to export G Suite along with its advantages.
Take a look at the Table of Content:
- G Suite Data Export Tool
- Best Alternative for G Suite Export Tool
- Advantages of Professional Tool Over Export Tool
- Working of G Suite Export Tool Alternative
G Suite Data Export Tool – It’s Prerequisite & Working
Every G Suite for Work comes with a feature known as Data Export. Although it is only available to the Admin user, it allows them to download all the G suite users’ data and keep it as a backup. Hence, it is truly a great tool to work with.
Prerequisite to Work With Data Export Tool
- Requires admin credentials to access this feature
- The domain must be older than 30 days
- 2-step verification has to be enabled for use
- Works only for the G Suite domain having less than 1000 accounts.
Steps to use G Suite Export Tool
- Log in to your G Suite account with super-admin credentials.
- Now, go to the Admin Console and click the “<” arrow on the top-right screen corner.
- Click on Tools and select the Data Export option from the list.
- Now, in the Data export window, click the Start Export
- Then, wait. Yes, you will need to wait for as long as 9 days for Google to process all the G Suite accounts and send you a confirmation link for your exported data.
- Once the confirmation link arrives, open it and click on Access Archive button to view the processed data.
- Now, click on the Download link to download the G Suite data collectively.
Limitations of the G Suite Data Export Tool
Consider a scenario where you wait for the download link but it never came. This has happened with many organizations in the past. You will not get any confirmation email providing you with a valid reason for the delay. This is similar to Google takeout where your link may never come at all.
- Other than this, there are several shortcomings to this Google method. Some are explained below:
- There is no way to stop the process when it begins. It does not have any live window to show the status of the export.
- There is no option to pause and resume the data export tool.
- It is a long process. It can take up to 9 days just to receive the download link. And include the days to download the data.
- There is no option to select and export only required data categories such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. You cannot choose to include or exclude anything.
- There is no option to select specific users whose data you want to export.
Best Alternative to G Suite Export Tool
The best alternative of the Data Export tool is to use the SysTools G Suite Backup tool. This professional tool is a proven solution to export G Suite data on the Windows platform. You do not have to wait for days to get your data. It can conveniently migrate emails, contacts, calendars, and documents with ease.
Free Download Purchase Now
Advantage of Using the Professional Tool
- No need to wait for exporting G Suite data
- Select and export data of specific users from your G Suite domain
- Export G Suite data to Outlook PST format
- Select the category as per requirement: Emails, contacts, calendars, documents
- Date-range filters available for data export
- Export from both single or multiple G Suite users at once
- Delta and priority-based backup options
Working of Professional G Suite Data Export Tool Alternative
- Create project in Google Console
- Enable API Access in Google Cloud Console
- Add Scopes at Domain Level
The working steps are as follows:
- Launch the application on your Windows machine and click “G Suite”.
- Select the data category that you want to export from G Suite – Emails, contacts, calendars, documents.
- Enter the G Suite admin id and other details and validate the information.
- Now, enter the path where you want to save the files after the export process.
- Import the list of users to export data. Once the imported list is shown, click Next.
- Click on the Start backup button followed by the Start button to start the export process.
More Detailed Guide
In this blog, we have explained the working of the G Suite Data Export Tool along with its limitations. The best alternative solution to overcome these limitations is also included in the blog. You can take a look at its advantages and working and decide which tool you want to use for exporting your G Suite data: The G Suite Data Export Tool or its Alternative Solution. The choice is yours.