Export Google Workspace Emails to PST – Know the Solution
With the launch of Google Workspace (earlier known as Google Apps and then rebranded as G Suite) in 2006 for businesses. Nobody thought people would be choosing Outlook over it. This made them look for ways to move their Google Workspace emails in PST, the file format accepted by Microsoft Outlook.
Google Workspace is a platform that has been a savior of many small organizations and businesses. The user-friendly interface, flexible working plans, and economical rates are some of the reasons that have kept the users hooked up to Google Workspace.
However, when the needs of users change- willing to move to a desktop-based email client, they are in search of ways how to export google workspace email to PST. This is what we are here for!
How to Export G Suite Email to PST?
In this article, we will explain the methods to export g suite emails to pst in two scenarios:
So, let’s get started.
I. Single User Scenario – Convert Single User Emails to PST
Considering the situation of a single user, who might want to access their data in their homes along with their Offices. What can be better than using the email client most preferred by users Outlook? Thus, there is a demand from users to tell them about the ways to export google workspace emails to PST.
How to Do That?
You can do this in two steps:
Step 1: Configuring your Gmail Account by Enabling POP/IMAP
- First of all, go to your Gmail inbox in the Google Workspace account, that is to be configured.
- Now, you can see a Settings icon, directly below your profile image in the top-right corner. Then, press on the ‘Settings.’ option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” Then, move forward and click on “Enable IMAP” from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, hit the “Save Changes” Leave all the other settings in their default manner.
Doing the above steps, your configuration of Gmail with IMAP is completed. Now, configure your Outlook to receive emails.
Step 2: Configure your Outlook account
- When you initially run Outlook, Add Account Setup will display on your screen. You may also add a new account on your own.
- Press the ‘Next’ button after selecting manual setup mode. Select the ‘POP or IMAP’ option in the following stage.
- Now, provide all required information, such as your name and email address. Enter both your login username and password. Under server setup, change the account type to IMAP.
- In the ‘Incoming Mail Server settings, enter “imap.gmail.com” and in the ‘Outgoing Mail Server settings, enter “smtp.gmail.com”.
- By choosing the ‘More Settings’ option, navigate to the ‘Outgoing Server’ Select ‘Use the same settings as my incoming mail server and check the box.
- Then, go to the ‘Advanced‘ page and enter the given information as they are:
- The incoming server (IMAP) 993 (Port)
- Outgoing Server Encryption Type: SSL Incoming Encryption Type: SSL (SMTP) 587 (Port)
- Outgoing TLS Server encryption type 5-minute time out (Recommended)
Make sure to save the changes before moving on to the next step. Outlook will check your server settings and notify you if anything goes wrong. However, if the procedure was finished perfectly, your emails will begin downloading, indicating that it was successful.
If you specifically need those Google emails in PST files, you can easily export them from Outlook. The process is as follows:
- In MS Outlook, click on the File button
- Select Open & Export and click on Import & Export
- Choose Export to a file, then Outlook data file
- Select the Google Workspace account for export.
- Select a location to save the PST file and click Finish.
A Point Not Everyone is Aware of
We expect the IT admin to know everything, not the users (especially those not from a technical background). Sometimes individuals try to export G suite email to pst by using Google Takeout or Data Export Tool.
Do you think this is the most efficient method to export google workspace emails to PST file format?
No! This is because using Google Takeout and Data Export tool stores your data in MBOX file format. To access your data in Outlook you need to have your data in PST file format.
The next step you will have to take is to convert those MBOX files to PST file format using a tool. Why do you want to perform such a long procedure?
Go for a viable option instead of these. Use the professional tool mentioned below and export g suite emails to PST in one go.
II. Multiple Users Scenario – Export G Suite Emials to PST for Complete Domain
If there is a single user, he can conveniently use the manual method explained above. But what about the administrators who are required to move all data of the entire organization into PST? In that case, the manual method is not feasible.
It is important and recommended to use a professional SysTools G Suite Exporter Tool. It is a great software that also furnishes users with many amazing features. This tool provides you with a direct option to export Google Workspace emails into PST file format.
This tool is also able to export all the data into MSG, MBOX, EML, and PST in one go. It offers a Google Workspace account-based priority export feature. It is capable to add G suite email Outlook. The tool provides an option to move mailbox data like Emails, calendars, and contacts into PST.
Working Steps to Convert Google Apps Email to PST
- Download and launch the Google Workspace exporter tool on your computer
- Now tool provides export options like Emails, calendars, and contacts
- After that, validate the source & destination platform
- Finally, click on start to G suite export process begins
In this write, we have explained the manual method and automated solution to export google workspace emails to PST. But, the manual method required technical expertise. An automated solution is very easy to use. Non-technical users also can use this application to convert google apps email to pst without any hassle. You can free download the demo version of the tool to check the working process and export 2 users’ accounts for free. Now it’s over to you to take a decision wisely.