Export Lotus Notes Emails to EML Messages File Format
In this article, we have fleshed out the two best ways to export Lotus Notes emails to EML messages. But before jumping into the blog let’s understand why users seeking this export solution.
Undoubtedly, it is true that Lotus Notes is one of the best enterprise-level email-client applications that offer a wide range of features along with amazing security. But we know nothing is perfect and in this case, the catch is its file format. So basically, Lotus Notes saves its emails in NSF file format which is only supported by Lotus Notes.
Moreover, if you have to open the email in other platforms like Outlook, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, and many others, then it’s not going to work. Real users know how problematic it is to save Lotus Notes email in EML format. Hence, below is a real user query.
Hi, I am working in an organization where I use Lotus Notes for all the email needs. Now due to some work, I need all the Lotus Notes email in .eml file format. The issue is that I know the manual method to how to save lotus notes email as .eml but it is not worth it for thousands of emails. Now, the work is very important for me, so if anyone knows any quicker way to complete this, then please suggest it to me.
Export Lotus Notes Emails to EML Messages in a Smart Way
As we have seen above, users have hundreds of emails to export from NSF to EML and it is true that you can not complete this task with the help of a manual method. So, in that situation, you can try one of the best tools i.e, SysTools Lotus Notes Converter. This tool is one of the most trusted highest-rated tools because of its amazing features.
This utility can do much more than just to save Lotus Notes email in EML format. This software is also capable to export Lotus Notes contacts as well as calendars too. In Addition, it gives you an option to save Lotus Notes emails in more than nine file formats such as EML, MSG, MBOX, CSV, etc. Also capable to maintain folder hierarchy and internet header of your emails.
How to Save Lotus Notes Email As .eml Automatically
Step-1. First Download the Tool from the above Download button for free.
Step-2. Once the download is completed Install the software.
Step-3. After installation Launch the Software and Click on the Add Files or Add Folder option.
Step-4. You can also Add NSF Directly from the Domino Server by providing the right IP address and password.
Step-5. Choose the EML option from the Export option & proceed further to export Lotus Notes emails to EML.
Step-6. After that, Click on the Mail button in the Categories option.
Step-7. Choose the Advance Conversion Options such as HTML Formatting, Internet Header, Remove Encryption, Maintain Folder Hierarchy, etc.
Step-8. Choose the Destination location to Save the exported EML messages.
Step-9. At last Click on the Export option to initiate the process.
Export Lotus Notes Emails to EML Messages – Manual or Free Method
If you are seeking the free method then there is a free manual method available that can easily migrate Lotus Notes Emails to EML messages. But the free method is only worth it when you have fewer emails to export.
Moreover, there are several disadvantages to the free solutions. Let’s have a look at these free versions.
- These manual solutions have a file size limit. Users cannot process large-sized data files as the program can’t be able to take that load.
- Users have to make sure that they are technically aware of the entire manual solution to how to save Lotus Notes email as .eml format.
- There are no filters & advanced features in the manual solutions eliminating the selective export. Users have to do everything manually.
- Users have to face the old & outdated user interface to export Lotus Notes emails to EML file format. This increases the hassle of new users a lot.
- The chances of data loss & corruption in these methods are more. The wrong execution of the operations may cause severe damage to users’ data files.
Also Read: How To Print Lotus Notes Email As PDF Format
Method 1: Manually Export Lotus Notes Emails to EML Messages
1. First, Launch Lotus Notes on your system.
2. Now, Open the Email Message that you want to Save in EML format.
3. Select File and Choose Save As Option from the listed menu.
4. Choose the Location and then Click on the Save option to save Lotus Notes email in EML messages format.
Note: This method will only convert one email message at a time. It is not capable enough to execute bulk operations.
Method 2: Save Lotus Notes Email in EML Using Drag and Drop Option
1. Open the Home Page of the Lotus Notes email client.
2. Now, Click on the File button and then Choose the Preferences option.
3. From the preferences window Select the Basic Notes Client Configuration option.
4. Now Search from the additional options & you’re one step closer to export Lotus Notes emails to EML messages.
5. From the additional options window Select the Drag and Drop Save as .eml File option.
6. At last Click on the OK button to apply the changes.
7. Once the changes it has done you can drag and drop an email from Lotus Notes to save EML format.
If you have just a few emails to export EML, then you can choose any of the manual solutions mentioned above with all precautions. However, in the case of bulk migration, you can use an automated method. Because the software can easily export Lotus Notes emails to EML in bulk.
A wise decision can result in the desired result whereas the wrong decision can be severely dangerous for users. In order to learn how to save lotus notes email as .eml, users should know all the methods. However, they should keep the manual ones as the backup option only.
Also Read: Have a Look to the Lotus Notes Forensics in Detail