Convert NSF File to CSV – Export Database Safely for Free
Seeking a way to convert NSF file to CSV file format, then this article’s guide helps you a lot. With the help of this article you can easily export all the Lotus Notes mailbox data like emails, contact, and calendar easily and without any data loss.
Well, it is true that IBM Lotus Notes is a popular email client that is frequently used at the enterprise level. Aside from that, there are many users who must import the Lotus Notes NSF database into various other email applications in order to have simple access to all data in a single email program. If you are a Lotus Notes client user who is about to convert Lotus Notes to CSV format, keep reading this write-up.
But before going toward the method to export NSF file to CSV, first let understand why users need this conversion.
Reasons to Convert NSF File to CSV
Basically, CSV has certain benefits that force users the convert and in this section, we are going to see what are the benefits of the CSV file.
- CSV offers a tabular format to store all the data hence the storing of mailbox items is much easier.
- CSV is OS independent file format so you can open it on any device like a computer, mobile, or tablet.
- This CSV file is easy to share with anyone due to its small size.
- CSV is also the option of data backup for many users.
Forthwith, we know the importance of CSV files that force users to convert Lotus Notes NSF file to CSV. Now the question is how to complete this task.
How to Convert NSF File to CSV – Free Method
Yes, there is a free method available that helps you to export Lotus Notes database to CSV. But the process is a little bit longer so in order to do it in the right way follow the below steps.
Note: It is very highly recommended to have a backup before performing this task.
1. Start the IBM Lotus Notes application.
2. Open the Lotus Notes Application first.
3. Now, click on the by File, and after that click on Open.
4. Browse for the appropriate NSF file in the Open Application box and click Open.
5. Now, select Export from the File menu.
6. Enter the file name, file location, and saving type in the Export dialogue box.
7. For the file, choose the Comma Separated Value format.
8. A CSV Export dialogue box appears. Select the appropriate settings from the sections. and then click on the OK button.
9. Once the task is completed you will be able to see the CSV files at the selected destination location.
Limitations in Manual NSF to CSV Conversion
The free NSF to CSV conversion technique can be useful in some cases, but it has a number of restrictions. And some of them are listed below:
- For a beginner user, this approach is complicated and time-consuming.
- Time-consuming and fails to transfer all data manual mistake is possible.
- Only converts one NSF file at a time, making the procedure long-consuming and boring.
- If Lotus Notes export to CSV is not treated appropriately, the NSF file may become corrupt.
- It is not feasible to convert the preferred files selectively. There is no such advanced feature available here.
- A scenario of data loss or partial data export might occur here. The improper execution of the operation may result in a complete database wipeout.
Smart Way to Convert NSF Files to CSV
So we have seen that the manual method has some limitations. For instance, it makes the task time-consuming and there is also a risk of losing data integrity. So, in this circumstance, and to overcome the restrictions of the manual approach, we will provide in this section an application that can easily convert any number of export Lotus Notes database to CSV.
SysTools Lotus Notes NSF Converter is software that allows you to freely convert .nsf file into a CSV file. It is one of the most trustworthy and secure techniques for convert NSF file to CSV. In addition, this utility exports Lotus Notes contacts to vCard and Lotus Notes mailboxes to EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF.
Step-1. To begin, Download and Install the app on your machine.
Step-2. Open the tool, choose the radio button Select NSF Files(s), and then Click the Add File(s) or Add Folder to NSF Files button.
Step-3. From the Export Format drop-down box, Select CSV.
Step-4. Choose the Categories from the Select Categories option.
Step-5. From the Advance Conversion Settings menu, choose Maintain Folder Hierarchy and other advanced options.
Step-6. Now, choose a location to save the exported file by clicking the Destination button.
Step-7. Finally, choose Export to export Lotus Notes contacts database to CSV.
Lotus Notes users frequently want to export Lotus Notes database to CSV format for a variety of reasons. In consideration of this approach, we have discussed the entire answer in simple words in a reasonable manner.
As a result, users may now benefit from the aforementioned approach to actualize their desire. The best option is to use an automated solution, which assures to convert NSF file to CSV format without any data loss issues.
Also Read: Print Lotus Notes Email As PDF Format Document