How Do I Convert Gmail MBOX to PST? – Solved
Problem: I have downloaded my Google Gmail emails via Takeout but now I am unable to import the files to Outlook as Outlook does not provide an option to import Gmail mailbox files. Please recommend me a solution to convert Gmail MBOX to PST.
Solution: To import Gmail MBOX to Outlook follow the steps given below:
Simple Steps to Convert Gmail MBOX to PST Free
Step 1- Save Gmail Emails using Google Takeout
If you’ve already downloaded your Google Gmail emails to your local system, then you can skip this step. But, if your emails are still in your Google Gmail account and you need to export them to Outlook then, follow these steps:
1. In order to download your Gmail emails, first open Google Takeout and log in with your Gmail account
2. After the user login, a new page will be open as shown below
3. Under Select data to include, first click on Deselect all and then, select Mail option
4. Select the MBOX format and under All mail, data included choose the mail contents as per your requirement to import Gmail MBOX to Outlook 2016. Click OK >> Next Step
5. Under Customized archive format you will find 5 methods to export emails. As shown below we have selected Send Download Link Via Email
Note: You can export the data in both .zip and .tgz but, it is recommended to choose .zip.
7. Select the Archive size as per your requirement. By default, it is 2GB
8. After this, click on Create Export to import Gmail MBOX to Outlook
9. The process of downloading Gmail emails will start right after this and it might take a long time to create archive folders (depends upon the size of your Gmail emails). Once downloading gets completed, you will receive an email with an attachment
9. Click on the Download button and after unzipping the downloaded file, you will find that all your Gmail emails will be downloaded in MBOX file format.
Step 2: Convert Gmail MBOX Files to PST
1. Launch the MBOX File Extractor Tool
2. Click on Add File button to add .mbox file to the software
3. Now, you will get two different options:
- Default profile configured – After selecting this option the software will automatically fetch data from its default location.
- Select file/folder from the file system- After selecting this, you can fetch the MBOX file from any desired location to import Gmail MBOX to outlook 2016.
4. Click on the Folder List to display the complete hierarchy of all MBOX files added in the software.
5. Now, you can preview your emails in 6 different preview modes along with attachments.
6. After this, you can export only the Selective Emails via checking desired emails or you can Export in Bulk without marking any checkboxes.
7. Next, select PST as your Export option and hit the Change button to set the default location. After this click on the OK button to end the conversion processes.
So, this is how you can resolve how to convert Gmail MBOX to PST and you can check your converted PST format in the saved location.
You may be interested in: How to Convert Google Takeout to PDF?
Step 3- Import the PST File to Outlook 2016
1. Run Outlook in your system and select the File option from its top ribbon to convert Gmail MBOX to PST
2. Choose Open & Export >> Import/Export
3. The Import/Export wizard will provide you with different options. Select Import from another program or file and click on Next to import Gmail MBOX to outlook
4. Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on the Next button to continue
5. Click on the Browse button and select the resultant PST file to convert Gmail MBOX to PST free and choose other desired options
6. At last, click on Finish to convert Gmail MBOX to PST and the Outlook will instantly start importing Gmail MBOX to the Outlook process
Once the importing process gets done successfully, you can check your Gmail emails from your Microsoft Outlook account
So, this is how to convert Gmail MBOX to PST quickly. Fyi, the tool used here is also known as Google Takeout Converter, so don’t get confused.