How to Remove XLSM VBA Password in Multiple Ways?
Are you also looking for a solution to remove XLSM VBA password? Do you want to reset the password of the .xlsm file? If yes, then explore this blog, and find out the best solution to remove the XLSM VBA project password. We will mention different techniques to fix this issue easily.
Table of Contents
Method 1:- Professional Approach to Remove XLSM VBA Password
The Best VBA Password Remover Tool is one of the reliable solutions to remove the XLSM VBA project password. It is safe and secure. This software has a simple user interface. Go through the steps given below to know the solutions:-
- Download and run the software on your PC.
- Add the password-protected files by clicking on the “Add files/ Add folder” option.
- Select the files and click on the “Open” button.
- If you have mistakenly added any file, then you can remove it by clicking on the “Remove” and “Remove All” buttons.
- After performing the above steps, hit the “Reset” button.
- At last, the software will display the message “Reset Process Completed Successfully”.
Prominent Features of Above Mentioned Tool
- Allows users to remove passwords from both single and multiple VBA files
- Users can reset passwords of any specified length
- The tool supports resetting multilingual VBA project password
- The software automatically deleted the old password and generates a new one
- It is compatible with MS Office and Windows OS
- Allows removing VBA passwords from .ppsm,.doc,.xla,.mdb,.potm,.dot, etc.
- Supports to reset password from Macros format like .dotm, .xltm, .xlsb, .docm etc.
- The tool also generates a progress report
These are some of the advanced features of the automated tool. You can easily use this tool to disable VBA macro password. But, if you want to try a manual method then follow this blog. We will mention the manual solution in the next section.
Method 2:- Manual Solution to Remove XLSM VBA Password
We are going to discuss 3 different manual methods in this section. So, Before starting with the manual method, let’s take a look at the prerequisites of the manual approach.
Prerequisites of Manual Method
- You need to take a backup of all the VBA files
- XLSM and XLSX files are similar but you still need to enable the macros to make the .xlsm files as .xlsx
Remove XLSM VBA Password using Hex Editor
- Open Hex Editor and create a new XLS file.
- You need to set a password in the VBA field by pressing the “Alt + F11” keys together.
- Save the file and click on exit.
- Now, open the file which you have created recently.
- Here, copy every line starting with:-
- After copying the lines, open the file from which you want to break the VBA password in Excel 2007 then paste these lines into that file.
- After doing the above steps, save the file and click on “Exit”
- At last, open the Excel file where you want to see the VBA code and enter the password which is used in the previous step.
You can jump to the next method if you don’t have Hex editor on your system.
Remove VBA Password using Workbook Method
- Firstly, you need to open the Workbook all the password-protected sheets are saved.
- Tap on the “Alt + F11” keys together to verify all the sheets.
- Now, type Insert-Module and simply paste the code.
- After that, exit from the VB Editor and go to the workbook from which you want to remove the VBA password
- At last, just type the “Tools-Macro-Macros” and double-click on the password breaker.
These are the steps of the Workbook method to remove the XLSM VBA password. You can use this method to reset your VBA password. But, if in case, this method doesn’t work then you can use the next process.
Remove XLSM VBA Project Password using WinZip/WinRar
- The very first step is to change the file extension from .xlsm to .zip format.
- Open the .zip file using the WinZip/WinRar, and choose the .xl folder.
- Now, from the .xl folder, extract the vbaProject.bin file and open it using Hex editor.
- You need to navigate the DPB file and then replace it with the DPX file
- After replacing the files, save that specific file.
- Now, replace the vbaProject.bin file with the recently saved file, under the .zip file.
- Here, change the file format from .zip to .xlsm file format.
- Open the Visual Basic in MS Excel and click on the “Tools” option.
- You need to select the “VBA Project Properties” and click on the “Protection” option.
- After performing these steps, enter a new password and save the file in .xlsm file format.
- Finally, you just need to exit the file and re-open it by entering the new password.
These are the manual methods using which you can Remove the XLSM VBA password.
In the above blog, we have mentioned the different techniques to Remove XLSM VBA password. You can use both professional as well as manual methods. But, if you are a non-technical user then this method will be a bit confusing, tricky, and time-consuming for you. So, we will suggest you use the above-mentioned Tool to remove the XLSM VBA project password.