How To Recover Deleted Partition On External Hard Drive – In Five Simple Steps
External hard drives are huge storage devices. They can store videos, photos, documents, and many more things. Hard drives are easy to use and portable. So, most of us use external hard drives to store our data. But, there are times when you lose your data and you just panic. But, from now onwards, no need to panic you can recover your lost data very easily. You just need a reliable Deleted Partition Recovery Software through which you can recover deleted partition on the external hard drive.
Reasons For Partition Deletion On External Hard Drive
1. Damage or Loss Of Partition Table:- The partition table displays the partitions to the users. If the partition gets corrupted or deleted then it’s obvious that the partition will be deleted. So, because of this, you can’t access your data.
2. Inaccurate Deletion:- You cannot predict human errors as there are times when you mistakenly delete or clean a wrong partition. This is one of the main reasons for partition deletion.
3. Resizing Partition:- You can resize your partition, but it is quite risky to resize your partition. Because you can lose all your data if you perform any step in a wrong way. So, you should not resize your partition if you don’t have knowledge about it.
4. Sudden Shutdown:- There are chances that you can lose your partition if there is a sudden shutdown. And there are many reasons for sudden shutdown like unstable voltage supply, up-gradation, etc.
5. Virus Attack:- Virus attack is increasing day – by – day. If the virus attacks your pen drive then there are chances that you have lost your data.
But now, you can overcome these types of situations and you can recover deleted partition on external hard drive and you can also recover data from crashed hard drive by using a software named hard drive recovery tool.
Steps To Recover Deleted Partition On External Hard Drive
Step 1:- First step is that you need to go to “start”, then select “all programs” and then “hard drive data recovery software”.
Step 2:- After this, you need to select the scanning option. The software has 2 types of scanning option-
- Formatted scan:- You need to select the “formatted scan” option only when you want to recover formatted data.
- Scan:- You should select the “scan” option if you want to recover deleted or corrupted data.
Step 3:- You will see a progress report, the reading percentage will be shown in that report. You need to wait till the time it gets completed. When the progress report is ready, you will see all your folders in the left panel of the software.
Step 4:-Now, you need to select the folders for data recovery. When you will select the folders you will see all your data in the right panel of the software and the software will show you all the permanently deleted data in red color.
Step 5:- The last step is that you need to save your data by right-clicking on the data and you have to choose a destination for your data.
Key Features Of Hard Drive Recovery Software
- This software supports all window versions.
- It recovers corrupted, deleted and formatted data from external hard drive safely.
- Recovers data from internal as well as external hard drives.
- You can recover data from GPT & MBR partition.
- It supports different file formats like NTFS and FAT.
- This software highlights the permanently deleted data in red color.
- This software will give you a “refresh option” to find any attached storage device.
In this post, I have discussed how you can recover deleted partition on an external hard drives. There are no manual methods for partition recovery. So, I have discussed a software named Hard Drive Recovery Utility. This software recovers complete data safely and securely. You can try a demo version to check its reliability.