How to Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 10, 8, and Windows 7
Data files that exist on a USB Flash Drive but does not appear while listing or exploring are called hidden files. Normally, users hide some of their important files from pen drive to prevent crucial data from being accidentally deleted or modified. However, there come some circumstances when users do not get those files after attempting to show hidden files to modify or delete. This usually happens due to several apparent reasons. Well, whatever the reason, this can be troublesome and especially when you have no idea how to show hidden files in USB Windows 10, 8, and 7. So, let’s explore some simplest ways to show hidden files in USB Windows 10.
Method One: Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 8 Using CMD
Command Prompt is one of the best ways to show hidden files in USB windows 8, memory card or other external storage drives. In order to show hidden files in USB windows 10,8,7 follow the instructions given below:
- Open Windows Start menu and search for “cmd”. Select and open CMD
- Hit a click on cmd.exe and enter the command line where you can utilize the attrib command to unhide the hidden files
- After this, type attrib -h -rs /s /d H:\*.* command and hit the Enter button
Note: Here, replace H: with your USB drive letter.
- After returning command prompt back, you can see all the files and folders that were hidden previously and you can simply access them from your USB.
Method Two: Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 8 Using Control Panel
Control Panel is another good idea to unhide the hidden or invisible files in USB Flash Drive in Windows 10, 8, and 7. Below is how to use it to show hidden files in USB drive windows 10:
- Click on Start menu and launch Control Panel
- From the Control Panel, select Appearance, and Personalization
- In Appearance and Personalization window, click on Show hidden files and folders
- In File Explorer Options wizard, click on View tab
- Select the radio button next to Show hidden files and drivers. Click Apply
If you are not getting your hidden files back even after applying all the above methods then, it might be possible that you have lost your files.
One Last Option to Show Hidden Files in USB Windows 10, 8, 7
For use of this method, you have to format your pen drive first after that you can use SysTools Pen Drive Recovery Tool to restore lost data files from Pen Drive/ USB Flash Drive. The software is safe and recovers complete data even without resulting any data loss. Using this, you can recover all types of data like videos, images, documents, and all other multimedia items from pen drive. It supports recovery files from FAT, exFAT, and NTFS formatted external storage USB drives. The best thing about this tool is that it supports to recover data from all brands pen drives regardless of their size. Follow the steps below to recover and show hidden files in USB Windows 10 and all below versions:
- Launch Pen Drive Recovery Tool and the tool will display all attached external drives
- Attach your USB to the computer from which you want to recover the files and hit the Refresh View button
- After this, the tool will display the newly attached drive. Select it and click on Scan
- The tool will start scanning the entire pen drive and let it completed till 100%
- Once the scanning process gets completed successfully, the tool will display all the recovered data items in its preview pane. All the bold folders contain data and it will highlight recovered permanently deleted data items in red color
- Select all the desired items or just directly click on the Save button
- Browse a destination location to save the resultant data or you can create a new folder directly from the tool. Click OK
- The data export process will begin after this
- After completing the process, you can access all the hidden files in USB on your Windows OS.
Files can be hidden on a USB Flash Drive or memory storage device due to multiple reasons. Users who encounter such issues, search for a common question that how to show hidden files in USB Windows 10, 8, and 7. Here, we have discussed all the possible manual and automatic techniques to Show hidden files in USB windows 10, 8, 7.