Outlook Data File Too Large for the Destination System – Solved
In this article you will come to know about what to do if the Outlook data file too big? All possible solutions explained. Perform the steps and know how to open a Large PST file.
Some Outlook users are facing issue to open Outlook data file too large for the destination system. You can have a quick look at the following article to resolve the Outlook data file too big query.
Get to know ANSI and Unicode Outlook Data Files
ANSI: ANSI stands for American National Standard Institute
- Before 2003, Outlook uses ANSI as the default file format which has a maximum size limit of 2 GB.
- Users can easily copy, move, or export the old ANSI messages to the new Unicode file format.
Unicode: Unique number for every character
- After 2003, Outlook started using Unicode as the default format which provides a file size limit of 20 GB.
- It supported multiple character sets.
Outlook Data File Too Large to Open – Get Solutions
With the increase in Outlook PST file size, Outlook reduces its speed and becomes slower day by day and after reaching its limit, if the PST file size increases further then the PST file size may get corrupted. The PST Compress Software is one of the best solutions to resolve the problem of Outlook data file taking up too much space. The software offers the option to extract, remove, compressor save PST with or without attachments. So, it allows the user to compress and split PST files into smaller PST files and save them at the desired location.
Download Now Purchase Now
Manual Solution: Outlook Data File Too Large for the Destination System
Using Microsoft Outlook for a long time. Which results in a large mailbox size. Now getting PST file too large error message. Check out the below-mentioned workarounds to solve the PST file too large to open issues.
Method-1: Extract PST Files Using Import/Export Wizard
Perform the steps listed below and fix Outlook data files too big issue manually:
- Start the MS Outlook and navigate to File >> Account Settings >> Select Account Setting.
- After that, select the Data Files tab and click on the Add button.
- Enter the name and location in the new window that will appear on the screen to save your new file and click OK button
- Now, locate the import option by clicking on File >> Open >> Import
- The Import and Export window will appear, choose the Export option, and select the Next option.
- Select the PST file which you want to extract and click on Next option
- Choose the desired folder and its items to export. Check the Include Sub Folder option
- Click on the Browse button and PST files will be exported to their desired location.
Method-2: Move to Folder Option to Fix Outlook Data File Too Large
Perform the steps listed in the below section. It will help you to resolve the Outlook data file too large error manually.
- Open Microsoft Outlook application and locate File >> New >> Outlook Data File.
- A new window will appear, here select the PST file and click OK
- In Create Microsoft Personal Folders window, enter the name for the new PST file.
- Select one or more folders to move this new PST file
- Click on Edit option and mark the checkbox Move to Folder option.
- Move Items dialog box will be displayed and select the New button.
- The Create New Folder window will appear. Name the new folder.
- In “Select where to place the folder” option, select a new PST file and click Ok button.
- Click OK to end the process.
Method 3: Split Large PST File Using Archive option
Use Outlook archive feature to resolve the Outlook data file taking up too much space issue.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Click on the PST file which you want to move to new PST file
- Select the File tab and hit Archive option
- From Archive Window, select the checkbox “Archive this folder” and “subfolders” option.
- Choose the respective folders which are to be archived.
- Click on the Browse button and select the desired location to save the archive PST file. After clicking the OK button.
Alternative Solution: Fix Outlook PST Data File Too Large
If the user is fed up with extracting email files one by one. Then we recommend the users try PST Compress Tool to reduce the size of the Outlook PST file. This tool provides the option to compress & reduce the size of the Outlook PST data file. The software offers three different options to reduce Outlook file size.
- Remove Attachments
- Extract & Save Attachments
- Extract, Save & Compress Attachments
Follow the Steps to Resolve Outlook Data File too Big
Download Now Purchase Now
Step 1: – Launch the tool and select Add File or Folder option.
Step 2: – Choose any PST file from the system and click on the open button.
Step 3: – Click on the Browse option to select the destination to save the compressed PST file.
Step 4: – After that, you will get three different options to extract, remove, and save attachments.
Step 5: – Select any desired option and select the Compress option.
Step 6: – Finally, the compressed PST files will be displayed on the screen.
Advantages of Automated solution
- Can Reduce Outlook PST file of big size efficiently?
- Compact multiple Outlook PST files at once.
- Compress a single PST file or a complete PST folder.
- The users can easily remove, extract & save attachments.
- Compress all PST files including ANSI & UNICODE files
- Supports all MS Outlook and Windows versions.
- Data loss cannot occur
Outlook PST File Too Large to Transfer – User’s Query
“I use MS Outlook email client to manage my contacts, emails, calendars. Recently, when I started my Outlook, I got an error to fix PST files too large to open. I am literally worried about the crucial business information stored on Outlook. Also, how would I be able to store my future emails on the Outlook? When it is already overloaded. I could really wish that if somehow my problem could be resolved. I would be really thankful to anyone who could guide me in the right direction.”
“I am using MS Outlook for the past 5 years. Today, when I opened Microsoft Outlook. A message i.e., to fix PST files too large to open issue was displayed on the screen. So, I tried to remove some of the unnecessary emails. But, still, I do not get enough space to rely on. I am a Project manager and I receive important emails regarding all the client meetings. Now, I wish that if anyone could tell me the correct approach to make space in my Outlook. I want to thank the person in advance.”
This article resolves the user query i.e., Outlook data file too large for the destination system. We have discussed different solutions to resolve the issue of Exceeding Outlook PST file size. If the user has to extract 10-20 email files then, the user can extract it manually. But, if the user has to empty a large portion of their Outlook data file then, we suggest the users try the efficient solution to batch compresses Outlook PST file at a time. So, the user could reduce the burden to compress the PST files one by one and save time.