How to Migrate Google Sheets to Office 365 – A Complete Guide
The article showcases the method to migrate Google sheets to Office 365. These methods will also work for docs, ppts, and other documents that you wish to move to O365. All in all, you will know how to move all kinds of documents and sheets from Google drive into O365 onedrive for business without any hassle. So, let’s get started!
Methods to Migrate Google Sheets to Office 365
We will be explaining two different methods to do this. The manual method requires users to perform all the tasks but is a free method. It may take time if you have hundreds of files to move. The automated solution requires minimal user intervention but is not a free solution. You can use it to move Google drive files to Onedrive. Make sure to read both the methods before choosing one.
Manual Method to Perform Google Sheets to Office 365 Migration
Find the step by step method with screenshots in the following section:
I. Log in to G Suite
- First, log in to your G Suite account.
- Once logged in, open Google Drive from your account.
II. Download the Google Sheets
- Now, choose the sheets that you wish to move to O365, right-click and Download them.
- After clicking on Download button, the file(s) will be automatically zipped.
- The file will be downloaded onto the local system.
III. Extract the Compressed File
- You have the compressed Zip file on your system. Extract all the sheets from the compressed ZIP file.
IV. Log in to Office 365 OneDrive account
- To transfer G Suite sheets to Office 365, log in to O365 account. And, open the OneDrive account from the list of applications.
V. Migrate Google Sheets to Office 365
- Finally, choose the Upload button to upload all the Google sheets you downloaded from the G Drive.
This completes the process. Using this method, you can move all docs, sheets, slides, and other documents into Office 365. This is the free way to migrate Google sheets to Office 365 for an individual account.
Migrate G Suite Sheets to Office 365 (Optional – Emails, Contacts, Calendars)
If your requirement is not limited to just 2-3 accounts but involves a majority of G Suite users, you may need to opt for a method that can process and move sheets from all those G Suite accounts at once.
For this, use the best possible method to migrate Google Workspace to Office 365. It is a secure way to transfer G Suite sheets to Office 365 account along with emails, contacts, calendars – You can choose what to move.
With this utility, you can easily migrate multiple G Suite sheets into specified O365 user account. It also provides a filter to sort out the sheets and other category data items. The GUI of the tool comes packed with all the help contents you will need for tool operation. It is a Windows & Linux oriented tool for G Suite administrators for data migration.
What’s more – The tool is operable by G Suite admin. You can choose the data items (Mails, Calendars, Contacts, Documents-Sheets-Slides) to migrate to Office 365 account. The permissions imposed on the sheets are also carried over to the O365 account. Furthermore, features such as delta migration, concurrent migration, etc, make it a remarkable application.
Here’s how the software works:
- Download and Activate the application on your system.
- Select Source – G Suite and Destination – Office 365.
- Place checkmark on the Documents box and apply filters and other settings.
- Enter and validate Google credentials and certificate file path.
- Enter and validate Office 365 email and application id.
- Import the list of users that are involved in the migration.
- Click Start migration, and the tool will start transferring Google sheets to Office 365.
Also Read: Export Google Contacts to Office 365
There are plenty of situations where a user wants to migrate Google sheets to Office 365. Therefore, we provided a manual method with simple steps to help transfer files without any hassle. Apart from this, many admins look for a way to do this collectively for multiple user accounts. Some even want to move other data items like emails, contacts, calendars along with the sheets. For those users, we have also provided a professional method with easy to understand steps.