Migrate Google (G Suite) Contacts to Office 365 – Complete Guide
G Suite (currently known as Google Workspace) and Office 365 (currently known as Microsoft 365) both provide cloud-based services to the users. As both are leaders among cloud service providers, users often switch between these two. When a Google user moves to O365, they have to migrate Google Apps contacts to Office 365. Users need to know the technique to export G Suite address Book to O365. We will discuss different Gmail Contacts migration methods for the benefit of the users. Before that, here is a user query that will give readers a better understanding of the situation and help you to migrate google (G Suite) contacts to Office 365.
I work in an office that used G Suite in the past. Recently we have decided to switch to Office 365. I want to migrate all G Suite contacts to O365 Outlook of the entire sales department. I do not know how to move the contacts in bulk. Can anyone tell me how to do it. Thanks in advance.
The above query states a situation when users want to migrate G Suite contacts but do not know the method to move Google contacts to Office 365 or any other platform. To help these types of users, we will discuss methods to migrate Google Apps contacts to Office 365 in this next segment.
Methods to Import G Suite Contacts to Office 365
Users can export their Gmail Address Book to Office 365 Outlook using two different methods. They can either use a manual method or they can opt for an alternative method. This post will describe two methods to migrate Google Apps contacts to Office 365 in detail.
Manual Method to Transfer Google Contacts to Outlook
The process of manual migration of Google Apps Contacts is divided into three parts. First, we export the Contacts into CSV, then import that CSV file into Outlook. To perform the method successfully, follow the instructions:
Part A: Migrate Google Contacts to Outlook
- 1: Open Mail from your G Suite account.
- 2:Click on the down arrow beside Mail and choose Contacts.
- 3: Click on More>> Export.
- 4: From the next window, select ‘All contacts’ and ‘Outlook CSV format’ options. Click Export to migrate Google Apps contacts to Office 365.
- 5: If prompted, choose to save as and browse to select the destination location. All your Contacts of Google Apps are saved in CSV format now.
Part B: Import CSV into Office 365 Outlook & Migrate Google contacts to Office 365
- Open Outlook in Office 365.
- Click on File>> Open and Export>> Import/ Export.
- A wizard will appear. Select Import from another program or file option and then click Next.
- Choose Comma Separated Values as file type and hit Next.
- Now, browse to select the CSV file containing Google Apps Contacts.
- Choose how Outlook will treat the duplicate contacts and then click on Next.
- A box named Select a destination folder will appear. Select the Contacts folder and then click Next.
- Click Finish. All your Google Contacts will be migrated to Outlook Office 356.
After the migration process is done, open Outlook and select the Address Book name of your mailbox and contacts. Here you can see all contacts including G Suite Contacts you have just transferred.
Recurring Issues During Manual Migration of Google Apps Contacts
It is seen that people face some issues during G Suite Contacts transfer. Here we will talk about some of the commonly occurring problems in the process:
- Contacts Not Appearing in O365: Even after migration, sometimes transferred Address Book does not appear in Outlook. This is a limitation of the manual migration process.
- Error Message Popping Up: If you try to manually import more than 2000 Gmail Contacts, an error message will pop up. To avoid this, export less than 2000 contacts at a time.
- Contacts Info Missing: After manual export, some fields of Google Contacts go missing in Outlook Office 365. This is the most common problem of performing manual methods to move contacts from Google to Office 365.
- One user at a Time: This method moves contacts of only one G Suite user at a time. For 100 users, you will have to perform the entire process 100 times.
Alternative Method to Migrate G Suite Contacts to Office 365
It is evident from the discussion that manual processes can give rise to some annoying issues. That is why we suggest implementing an alternative method to transfer Google Apps to Office 365. Users can try third-party applications as an alternative approach to manual methods. This Migrator is one such tool that will migrate G Suite contacts to Office 365 without any problem. The user interface of this software is so simple that a person with basic technical skills can also make use of it. Also, it is compatible with Windows 10 and all other versions.
Some of the main features of the tool that moves G Suite contacts to Office 365 are:
- Migrates Google Apps Contacts to Office 365 of an entire domain smoothly.
- No constraints on the size and number of mailboxes.
- Options to filter based on Date and Category are available.
- Exports from multiple G Suite accounts contacts concurrently.
- Set priority and monitor the import process live.
- Contains user-group mapping options during the transfer process.
- Compatible with Windows 10 OS and all below versions.
- Transfers any and all Google Apps Contacts to O365.
Steps to import G Suite contacts to Office 365:
- Run the tool and select G Suite (source) & Office 365 (destination).
- Select the contact category & apply contact filters.
- Validate the permissions and authenticate G Suite & Office 365 accounts.
- Fetch G suite users and import their contacts into Office 365.
The permissions and prerequisites can be obtained from the official site along with detailed working steps.
Google Workspace to Office 365 Migration is a common scene in the current time. People who are switching between these cloud-service providers need to transfer contacts and other items to O365. They can follow the manual method to migrate Google Apps contacts to Office 365. As the manual technique has got some limitations, they can also use the third-party program mentioned in the post. This software transfers G Suite Address Book to Office 365 effortlessly. Moreover, users will not face the limitations of the manual method while using this application. Users should use this tool for quick and easy G Suite Contacts export to Office 365.
Some Common Queries Regarding Migration:
You can move the account data using the manual steps mentioned in this article. This process is absolutely free of charge. However, it may take a while to complete.
Yes, the alternative approach of the manual method can easily migrate all the contacts and other data into the Office 376 account.
You can either perform the manual method regarding each of the G Suite categories (emails, contacts, calendars) separately. Or use a specialized tool for instant and effortless migration