Import PST to Shared Mailbox Office 365 PowerShell – A Complete Guide
Office 365 is the first choice of the users when it comes to a SaaS platform. It is frequently used by many organizations and users to manage their various tasks. Sometimes, the situation occurs in which the user needs to import their PST data to the shared mailbox in Office 365. Now, the question arises how to import PST to the shared mailbox in Office 365? The user can easily move PST files to Office 365 shared mailbox by implementing PowerShell commands.
Thus, to help out all the users, we are going to explain step by step process to import PST to Shared Mailbox in Office 365. Moreover, we will also introduce a reliable and instant way to import PST to shared mailbox in Office 365 without any hassle.
How to Import PST Files to Shared Mailbox to Office 365 PowerShell?
Microsoft provides Import Service to the users to import PST to the shared mailbox in Office 365. Before you begin, you have to follow some prerequisites:
- Admin account on your Office 365 Tenant
- Import Export Mailbox admin role
- High upload bandwidth is required
Step 1: Import PST Files to Shared Mailbox Office 365 – Storage Provisioning
- The Import Service feature is built on the Azure storage, which is used to store the PST before importing them into mailboxes.
- Storage account will be generated for the PST file to be imported. For this, you have to click on the ‘Show network upload SAS URL’. This URL will consist of Storage Account Name, Container Name, Shared Access Signature.
- Shared Access Signature consists of the following parts:
- sv: storage service version
- se: expiration date
- sr: storage type
- si: storage identifier
- sig: signature
- This URL is used by AzCopy/Azure Storage Explorer Software to import the PST file
Note: With the passage of time, the URL may change. However, the shared access signature part is valid for 60 days.
Step 2: Upload PST to Import it to Shared Mailbox Office 365
Once you have stored the PST file, you can begin the upload procedure. Now, it depends on the user which tool he/she wants to use. The user can make use of AzCopy, which is a command line tool or Azure Storage Explorer, a graphical tool. Here, Azure Storage Explorer is used.
- First, the user needs to connect to Azure Storage Explorer.
- Now, you need to enter Shared Access Signature (SAS) URL or an account key.
- After entering the required SAS URL, you will be able to see the Connection Summary.
- Finally, you can import PST via the Azure Storage Explorer Tool.
- Once, the PST files uploaded to the Azure Storage, you need to create a CSV file that will map PST files to mailboxes and destination folder
- Now, you need to import PST mapping file
- Click on the Finish button after importing PST to Office 365 shared mailbox.
Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the users to perform the steps without having the proper technical knowledge. Moreover, if any of the steps is performed incorrectly then it can also lead to data loss. Thus, to avoid data loss problems it is recommended to opt a reliable and automated solution.
Alternative Method to Import PST to Shared Mailbox Office 365
The user can use SysTools Office 365 Import software to import PST to the shared mailbox in Office 365. The tool allows the user to import multiple PST files to Office 365 account without any data loss issues. Moreover, the user can import PST emails, contacts, calendars, tasks to Office 365. It also provides date filter option to move only the required PST data to Office 365 account. The software is designed with advanced algorithm which makes it an efficient and feature-rich utility. The tool is also capable to maintains all the attributes associated with attachments and metadata. The utility is compatible with all the version of Microsoft Outlook and Windows Operating system.
Nowadays, there are many users who need to import PST to the shared mailbox Office 365 for different purposes. However, they are not able to find a simple yet reliable solution to complete this task. Therefore, in this blog, we have explained a step by step process to import PST data to the shared mailbox in Office 365. Additionally, we have also provided an instant and trustworthy solution that is Office 365 Import Software to import PST to shared mailbox Office 365 in a trouble-free way