Three Easy Ways to Import Outlook Emails to Office 365 Mailbox
User Query: “As per the organization’s need, I am moving from one branch to another and the problem is that my mail account is configured in Outlook 2019. In which, some of my important emails and tasks are saved. On the other location, I will have to manage my emails on Outlook 365 account. So how can I import Outlook emails to Office 365 to continue my work? Please suggest me a quick solution.”
Solution: Most Outlook users face a similar problem while migrating Outlook mailboxes into Office 365 webmail. The methods explained in the article will apply only if the Outlook file is in PST format. Using this you can easily import Outlook data files to Office 365 account.
How to Migrate Outlook Data File to Office 365?
There are three different ways to import Outlook emails into the O365 mailbox:
- Manually Migrate using Network Upload
- Drive Shipping method
- Quick & Reliable Automated Tool
1. Import Outlook Emails to Office 365 via Network Upload
- Download & Install the Azure AzCopy after Copying SAS URL.
- After Installing AzCopy Tool, you can upload your PST data files to Office 365.
- Prepare the PST Import Mapping file in CSV.
- Submit the mapped file that is used to create a PST Import job.
- Filter the PST data that will be imported.
- Start the PST Import Job.
Related: How to Back up your Office 365 Email Database to Your Local Computer
2. Migrate Outlook Data File to Office 365 via Drive Shipping
- Download the secure storage key and PST Import tool.
- Copy the PST files to the hard drive.
- Create the PST Import mapping file.
- Create a PST Import job in Office 365.
- Ship the hard drive to Microsoft.
- Filter data and start the PST Import job.
3. Import Outlook Emails to Office 365 Using Automated Solution
- First, Download and Launch PST to Office 365 Migration tool.
- Enter the User or Admin Credentials for login.
Note: Click on the ‘Is Admin’ checkbox in order to login as an Administrator. It allows you to migrate Outlook shared mailboxes to the O365 mailbox. Also, you can migrate import Outlook emails to Office 365 for multiple users. Whereas, User Login allows moving multiple Outlook data files to your Office 365 mailbox only.
- Provide the login credentials (Admin ID and Password) then click on the Login button.
- Click on Add File(s) to browse PST file or Add Folder for adding multiple data files at a time via a folder to Import Outlook Emails to Office 365.
- After uploading the PST files, just enter the Office 365 user ID and password and the software will automatically authenticate the credentials.
- Now check the category items Mails, Calendars, Tasks, and Contacts and also apply the Date filter accordingly.
- Click on the checkbox corresponding to the “Include Folders”.
- Check the “Attach Outlook PST file” to create a folder with the PST file name and add folders to it.
- Check the “Incremental import” to start the migration process from where the migration process was a halt. Now click on the Import button to import Outlook emails to Office 365.
- The Outlook data files imported successfully to Microsoft Office 365.
The blog discusses how to import Outlook emails to Office 365 with both manual and alternate options. There are 3 methods to migrate Outlook emails. It totally depends on you whether you choose a manual or automated solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use Incremental function of Office 365 Import tool. It allows you to migrate only new emails.
5 simple steps to import the Outlook data files into Office 365 are:
- Step 1. Download & Install Outlook to Office 365 Tool
- Step 2. Enter Credentials of the User account
- Step 3. Import Outlook file by clicking Add File(s) / Folder option
- Step 4. Select Category & click on Incremental option
- Step 5. Finally, click on the Import button to begin the process
No, for importing Outlook data files to a single account, there is no need for Admin Credentials
Yes, use Office 365 Import tool, it is a faster and safer solution than Drive shipping & Network upload
Yes, to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 mailbox use Office 365 Import wizard