How to Import Outlook Data file to Office 365
Problem:As per the organization’s need, I am moving from one branch to another and the problem is that my mail account is configured in Outlook 2016. In which, some of my important emails and tasks are saved. On the Other location, I will have to manage my emails on Outlook 365 account. So How can I Import Outlook data file to Office 365 to continue my work? Please suggest me a quick solution.
Solution: The methods explained in the article will apply only if the Outlook file is in PST format. To import PST file to Office 365 you need to see here.
How to Import PST file in Outlook 365?
There are three different ways to move PST file to office 365 account.
- Network Upload
- Drive Shipping
- SysTools Office 365 Import
1. Import Outlook data file to Office 365 via Network Upload
- Download & Install the Azure AzCopy after Copying SAS URL.
- After Installing AzCopy Tool, you can upload your PST files to Office 365.
- Prepare the PST Import Mapping file in CSV.
- Submit the mapped file that is used to Create a PST Import job.
- Filter the PST data that will be imported.
- Start the PST Import Job.
2. Import PST file in Outlook 365 via Drive Shipping
- Download the secure storage key and PST Import tool.
- Copy the PST files to the hard drive.
- Create the PST Import mapping file.
- Create a PST Import job in Office 365.
- Ship the hard drive to Microsoft.
- Filter data and start the PST Import job.
3. Move Outlook Data file to office 365 with SysTools Office 365 Import
- Launch “SysTools Office 365 Import”.
- Check the box corresponding to the “Is Office 365 Admin”.
- Provide the login credentials(Admin ID and Password) then click on the Login button.
- Click on Add file to browse PST file or Add a folder for adding multiple pst files at a time via folder.
- After uploading the PST files, just enter the office 365 user id and password and the software will automatically authenticate the credentials.
- Now check the category items Mails, Calenders, Tasks and Contacts and also apply the Date filter accordingly.
- Click on the checkbox corresponding to the “Include Folders”.
- Check the “Attach Outlook PST file” to create a folder with the PST file name and add folders to it.
- Check the “Incremental import” to start the migration process from where the migration process was a halt.
- The Outlook data files imported successfully to Office 365.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have an OST file as a data file in my Outlook, How to Import that data file to Office 365?
There is no direct way to import OST file to office 365, However you can convert Ost file to PST format using SysTools OST to PST converter and then try the above solutions to import PST file in Outlook 365.
Why are you saying that the methods are the shortcut for importing Outlook Data file to Office 365?
In office 365, you have only two ways to move Outlook data file to office 365. however, the first two methods explained in the article, have some rules and procedure that you need to follow before going to import PST files. Also, it is necessary to have the technical knowledge to accomplish the task.
How SysTools Office 365 Import tool helpful for me to complete the Import process?
If you are importing Outlook Data files to Office 365 using SysTools Office 365 Import tool, then, there are two different options impersonation and without impersonation. You just need to provide the login details like Admin id and password (which is completely secure) to the software and the software will import PST files in few clicks without any highly technical knowledge.
What else can I do with SysTools PST to Office 365 importer?
The software allows you to perform incremental import and allow you to exclude Deleted and Sent Items. You can also import multiple PST file to Office 365 at a time. For trial click on the download link below:
The blog discusses how to import Outlook Data file to Office 365 with both manual and alternate options. It totally depends on you whether you choose a manual and alternate solution to import PST to Outlook 365.