Three Easy Ways to Import Outlook Emails to Office 365 Mailbox
User Query: “As per the organization’s need, I am moving from one branch to another and the problem is that my mail account is configured in Outlook 2019. In which, some of my important emails and tasks are saved. On the other location, I will have to manage my emails on Outlook 365 account. So how can I import Outlook data file to Office 365 to continue my work? Please suggest me a quick solution.”
Solution: Most of the Outlook users faces the similar problem while migrating Outlook mailboxes into Office 365 webmail. The methods explained in the article will apply only if the Outlook file is in PST format. Using this you can easily Import Outlook emails to Office 365 account.
Import Outlook File to Office 365 Purchase Now
Migrate Outlook Data File to Office 365
There are three different ways to migrate Outlook mailbox:
- Manually Migrate using Network Upload
- Drive Shipping method
- Quick & Reliable Automated Tool
1. Import Outlook Emails to Office 365 via Network Upload
- Download & Install the Azure AzCopy after Copying SAS URL.
- After Installing AzCopy Tool, you can upload your PST data files to Office 365.
- Prepare the PST Import Mapping file in CSV.
- Submit the mapped file that is used to create a PST Import job.
- Filter the PST data that will be imported.
- Start the PST Import Job.
2. Migrate Outlook Data File to Office 365 via Drive Shipping
- Download the secure storage key and PST Import tool.
- Copy the PST files to the hard drive.
- Create the PST Import mapping file.
- Create a PST Import job in Office 365.
- Ship the hard drive to Microsoft.
- Filter data and start the PST Import job.
Note: Both the manual solution are risk and time taking task. For fast as well as correct migration we recommend automated solution.
3. Move Outlook Emails to Office 365 Using Automated Solution
- Launch PST to Office 365 Migration tool.
- Enter the User or Admin Credentials for login
Note: Click on ‘Is Admin’ checkbox login as a Administrator. Login using Admin account allow you to migrate Outlook shared mailboxes to O365 mailbox. Also, you can migrate import Outlook emails to Office 365 for multiple users. Whereas, User Login allow to move multiple Outlook data file to your Office 365 mailbox only.
- Provide the login credentials (Admin ID and Password) then click on the Login button.
- Click on Add File(s) to browse PST file or Add Folder for adding multiple data files at a time via folder.
- After uploading the PST files, just enter the Office 365 user ID and password and the software will automatically authenticate the credentials.
- Now check the category items Mails, Calendars, Tasks and Contacts and also apply the Date filter accordingly.
- Click on the checkbox corresponding to the “Include Folders”.
- Check the “Attach Outlook PST file” to create a folder with the PST file name and add folders to it.
- Check the “Incremental import” to start the migration process from where the migration process was a halt.
- The Outlook data files imported successfully to Microsoft Office 365.
The blog discusses how to import Outlook data file to Office 365 with both manual and alternate options. There are 3 methods to migrate Outlook emails. It totally depends on you whether you choose a manual and automated solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Import only new emails from Outlook file to Office 365 Mailbox?
Use Incremental function of Office 365 Import tool. It allows you to migrate only new emails.
5 simple steps to import Outlook data file into Office 365 are:
Step 1: Download & Install Outlook to Office 365 Tool
Step 2: Enter Credentials of User account
Step 3: Import Outlook file by clicking Add File(s) / Folder option
Step 4: Select Category & click on Incremental option
Step 5: Finally, click on the Import button to begin the process
Can I Import Outlook file to Office 365 without Admin Credentials?
No, for importing Outlook data file to a single account, there is no need of Admin Credentials
Is there any alternative solution to Drive Shipping & Network Upload?
Yes, use Office 365 Import tool, it is a faster and safer solution than Drive shipping & Network upload
Is it possible to import Outlook data files in Bulk to Office 365?
Yes, to import multiple Outlook files to Office 365 mailbox use Office 365 Import wizard