A Complete Guide to Import Excel Contacts into Gmail Account
Stuck in a situation! where you have to import Excel contacts into Gmail account. If yes, then you click on the right article. In this write-up, we discuss the various techniques to import Excel contacts, and we compare manual and automated procedures to provide you best solution to resolve your query. So, without wasting any time let’s get started.
For managing contacts, MS Excel is the preferred choice of all users. The reason being it helps the users to arrange contacts and the related fields in the tabular form. But sometimes, users want to convert Excel files into Gmail format due to some reason. If there is a need to import Excel contacts into Gmail, then there is no direct method available. So, in that case, first, there is a need to convert the Excel file to CSV and then the user can easily import this vCard file into the Gmail platform.
But before proceeding with the procedure, you should know Excel stores their file in (XLS/ XLSX) format. And Gmail does not support XLS files, so, before starting the procedure you have to convert Excel files into CSV file format. So, let’s discuss the solution one by one.
Import Excel Contacts to Gmail via Free Way
As we know, Gmail does not support Excel files. So first, we are gonna discuss the solution of how to import Excel files into CSV file format. This Manual solution is divided into 2 steps, check out both steps to convert Excel files into Gmail easily free.
Step 1: Convert Excel (XLS) Files into CSV Format
- Open the Excel sheet which you want to convert.
- In the next step, select the File option on your top left and select Save As option.
- After selecting Save as an option, click the CSV option.
- Now, you selected Excel files successfully converted into CSV format.
Step 2: Import Convert Files into Gmail
- First, enter your Gmail credentials and Log in to your account.
- After this, click on the App icon & select contacts.
- Then, click on the Import option to import contacts.
- Go to contact wizard & select the converted CSV file.
- At last, click the Import button to complete the process.
Professional Solution to Import Excel Contacts to Gmail
The mentioned manual solution is capable to complete the process to import Excel contacts into Gmail. But there are limitations to this manual solution. We bring the best Excel to vCard Converter to convert XLS/XLSX files to Gmail. This software provides you to convert single or multiple files into multiple formats like HTML, PDF, MSG, and TXT.
For Mac Users
One by One Steps to Import Excel Contacts via Automated Solution
- First, Install and Run this software into your device.
- Select the Browse button to select the files which you want to convert.
- On the next screen, you will see a Preview of selected files.
- After this, select vCard versions.
- Select the Change button to provide the Destination for the converted file.
- At last, click the Convert option to complete the process.
Also Read: How to Export Yahoo Contacts to vCard
The direct conversion of Excel contacts into Gmail is not possible. So, users have to follow a two-step conversion i.e first they have to export contacts from Excel to vCard and then this vCard can be easily imported into Gmail account. Here, in this blog traverse the stepwise guide to import Excel contacts into Gmail without any loss of data.