How to Import Contacts from Hotmail to iCloud?
Are you planning to import contacts from Hotmail to iCloud? If your answer is Sure, you are in the right place. Here you will learn how to transfer Hotmail to an iCloud account. Use an automatic conversion solution.
Hotmail one of the most popular emailing programs was the first mail service incorporated into the web. This was developed by two professionals from FirePower Systems company when they realized that they were unable to access their email accounts. Later Microsoft acquired Hotmail and continued to refine itself ever since.
Hotmail was an easy-to-use open-source emailing service that offered guaranteed security. This mail service has been on the web for many years but, afterward, the company made it faster, simpler, and even more, secure and presented it with a changed name Windows Live Mail.
And, now it has completely changed in terms of styling, and functionality, and integrates better with the Windows system. Today it is known as Outlook.com.
Suggestion: If you want a backup solution backup your Hotmail account with Mailbox data items. Then, you can use this Hotmail Backup Software. With this valuable and trustworthy, you can quickly take a backup and download your Hotmaol data into various file formats.
But, nowadays we are changing our modes of communication and iCloud is one of them. Therefore, in this article, we will show you how to import contacts from Hotmail to iCloud just in 3 simple steps. It is advised to follow the guidelines carefully to avoid any kind of data loss.
Reasons to Import Hotmail Contacts to iCloud
Below are some of the top and main reasons that led to this migration process.
- Storing data in iCloud is easier for Mac users than it is in Hotmail.
- iCloud is a secure way to store important information.
- With the Apple iCloud Community, you can share files.
- This email client protects data from unwanted attacks.
What is the best method to move contacts from Hotmail to iCloud device? To familiarize yourself with the best method, read the next section of this article.
Also Read: Add Hotmail Contacts to Android Phone
How Do I Import Contacts from Hotmail to iCloud?
Well, you cannot export contacts from Hotmail to the iCloud, so the complete process is divided into three major steps:
Step 1. Export Contacts from Hotmail Account
- First, log in to your Hotmail account
- Then, click on the Menu button from the left-screen and click on People
- After that, a click on Manage >> Export
- Finally, right after clicking, a Contacts.csv file will start downloading in your local machine with all your Hotmail contacts
Step 2. Make Hotmail Contacts iCloud Compatible
Now, this Contacts.csv cannot be import contacts from Hotmail to iCloud as it supports uploading vCard v3.0 or v4.0 only. Therefore, we have to make the CSV file iCloud-compatible by converting it into vCard format to transfer the Hotmail contacts file to iCloud. Below is how this could be done:
- Download the Excel to vCard Converter Software on your machine and launch it.
- Then, click on the Browse button and add the Contacts.csv you have exported above. Click Open.
- The software will load the Hotmail contact details and you have to check if the CSV is formatted correctly. If not, then open the Contacts.csv in MS Excel and format it.
- After that, map all Excel CSV Contact Fields with vCard Fields correctly. Once all are mapped, click Next.
- Then, select vCard v3.0 or v4.0, check Create Single vCard, and Import empty email addresses options to import contacts from Hotmail to iCloud.
- Finally, browse a destination location and click Convert.
- All the Hotmail Contacts will get converted into vCard file format right after this.
Step 3. Import Hotmail Contacts to iCloud Account
- Now, log in to your iCloud Account to import contacts from Hotmail to iCloud
- Then, select the Contacts menu and click on the Settings icon
- Click Import vCard and add the vCard file you have converted in Step 2. Click Open
- All the Hotmail Contacts will start importing into your iCloud account now.
After you complete the process of transferring your Hotmail contacts file to iCloud, all your Hotmail contacts will be synced to your iCloud account and you can access them on any device or app that’s synced with your iCloud account.
Since the development of technology, we all are used to saving our contact information in our emails. But now everything is in the cloud as it is available 24/7 and easy to access. This is why users are moving their email client data to the cloud so that it can be accessed from any device, anywhere. In this tutorial, we have discussed one such data transfer problem, ie. import contacts from Hotmail to iCloud. The solution provided here is completely secure and can be handled even by non-technical users.
Frequently Asked Question
Q 1: Will importing Hotmail contacts to iCloud overwrite contacts in iCloud that I already have?
Ans: If you complete the import process, your current iCloud contacts should not be overwritten. To avoid unintended overwrites, you should exercise caution and verify that you select the suitable import parameters.
Q 2: Can I import Hotmail contacts into iCloud on my iPhone or iPad?
Ans: Your Hotmail contacts can be synced with iCloud on your iPhone or iPad. This procedure is comparable to computer import. Enable Contacts under Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and then import contacts as indicated.