How to Add Hotmail Contacts to Android Phone?
If you’ve just purchased a brand new Android phone and now preparing to add Hotmail contacts to android phone then this guide is meant for you only. Here we will show you how to connect the Hotmail contacts file to an Android device just in a few simple steps. Before that, let’s take a quick idea of both platforms and their contact-saving formats.
Table of Contents – Easy to Learn
The address book is a treasure for all Hotmail users who use it to send and receive regular emails. It is a free web-based emailing service offered by Microsoft Corporation and a combination of Windows Live Mail and Hotmail. But, today everybody wants all their information at their fingertips and Android Phones are the best option for the same. This is why, queries like how to add contacts from Hotmail to Android, how to sync contacts from Hotmail to Android, and how to set up contacts files to smartphones are widely being searched on the Internet.
Also Read: How to Import CSV Contacts to Android Without Gmail?
Well, entering your Hotmail contacts one by one into your Android is not a bad idea until there are hundreds of contacts in your Hotmail address book. If this is your case, then follow the steps given below and add unlimited Hotmail contacts to your Android phone.
Software Tips: If you are looking for a solution to backup hotmail emails, and contacts. calendars, tasks, notes, etc. Then, you can grab the Hotmail Backup Wizard. This software gives advanced features to create all the backups of Hotmail mailbox items and save them into various formats.
How to Add Hotmail Contacts to Android Phone?
You cannot directly set Hotmail data file to Android because both platforms are very different. Therefore, first, you’ll have to make Hotmail contacts Android compatible and only then, this task can be performed. Below is how this can be done:
Connect Hotmail Contacts File to Smartphone
- Open a web browser and log in to your Hotmail or Outlook.com account
- After that, click on the People icon to open the All Contacts tab as shown in the screenshot to add Hotmail contacts to android phone
- Click the Manage drop-down menu and select Export Contacts
- In the Export Contacts window, click on the All contacts
- Once the file is uploaded, click “Export” to Export CSV contacts file
Automatic Solution to Add Hotmail Contacts to Android Phone
Android OS does not support importing CSV files so, you have to convert the exported CSV to an AAndroid-supportedvCard file format. To do so:
- Download software on Excel to vCard Converter Tool on our Windows or Mac system and install it.
- Launch the tool, click on the Browse button, and add the CSV file exported in Step 1
- Preview CSV file content and click Next to add Hotmail contacts to android phone
- Choose CSV Contact Fields and map it with appropriate vCard Fields, click Next to proceed
- Choose vCard v2.1/ 3.0/ 4.0 and check the ‘Create single vCard for all Contacts’ option. Click Convert to add Hotmail contacts to android phone
- All CSV contacts will be converted into vCard file format right after this.
Add vCard Contacts File to Android Phone
Now, this is the final step where you have to connect Hotmail contacts to the smartphone contact list. So, first, move this CSV to an Android device via Ua SB data transfer cable or upload it to your Google Drive account. After that, follow the guidelines below:
- Open the Contacts app on your Android phone to add Hotmail contacts to android phone
Tap on the three vertical dots icon to open Settings and click Import
- Select the Import a .vcf file option select the vCard from the saved location (Internet Storage/ Drive) and click Import to add Hotmail contacts to android phone
- Once the contacts importing process is done, open your Android Contacts app and check the transferred contacts without any issues.
The article describes the best step-by-step solution to add hotmail contacts to Android phones. The method described here is easy and requires no technical expertise. So, no matter if you are tech-savvy or not you can perform this without any technical assistance. Just follow the given guidelines and transfer unlimited Hotmail data files to mobile phones with a few simple clicks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: Is it possible to add or modify Hotmail directly from the Android Contacts app after synchronizing?
Ans: After your contacts have been synchronized, you may use the Android app to add, modify, or manage them just like any other contact on your phone.
Q 2: Is there any danger in syncing contacts with my Android device?
Ans: When configuring your account, utilize suggested security precautions such as using secure connections (SSL/TLS) and enabling two-factor authentication if available to protect your contacts and data.