How to Import Contacts from Excel to Windows Phone – [Solved]
If so, then don’t worry. Because you have landed on the right page. Here we are going to discuss the best way to import contacts from Excel to Windows Phone.
Most of us use Excel files to store and manage our personal or business contacts. Today due to growing technology we are changing the means of data management and so some of us wants to access out Excel contacts from our mobile phones. But, we cannot directly access or import contacts from Excel to Windows Phone because there’s no direct option to do so. Windows phones supports to import vCard (VCF) file format.
Import Contacts from Excel to Windows Phone
In order to open Excel in Windows Phone, you have to follow the two-step process.
#Step 1: Convert Excel Contact File Into VCF
In the first step, you have to convert Excel (XLS, XLSX, CSV) file to VCF file format and then you have to import the converted contacts to your Windows phone. So, let’s start.
As we mentioned above in the blog that there is no direct method to import CSV contacts to Windows Phone without changing its file format. Hence, to convert Excel data file to VCF use Excel to vCard Converter Full Version Free Download.
For Mac Users
It is the most effective solution to convert Excel contacts file to VCF. It also ensures that no loss of data will happen throughout Excel file conversion process. Now, let’s jump into the procedure to import contacts from Excel to Windows phone.
One by One Instruction to Convert Excel Contacts to Windows
- Download and Install the software.
- Now, click on the Browse button to select the MS Excel file and click on the Open button
Note: To add the file other than XLS, XLSX, and CSV you have to type ‘first letter’ of the file.
- After that, the software will preview the whole content of selected .xlsx, .xls, and .csv file
- Now, you have to match Excel contact fields with vCard fields. Once you are done with contact fields mapping, hit the Next button
- Now, you can choose the vCard version 2.1, 3.0, 4.0 according to your choice. Select the destination location to save the resultant file
- After that click on the Convert button to start the conversion process
#Step 2: Import vCard to Windows Phone
In this section, we are going to import contacts from Excel to Windows Phone and the steps are mentioned below:
- First connect your Windows phone with the help of USB Cable to the system.
- Once the phone is connected successfully then, copy the converted VCF from the system to your phone.
- Now, open Transfer My Data App on your phone. If the app is not installed, then go and install the app first from the Store.
- In Transfer My Data App, go to setting option and click on the meatballs Menu Icon button.
- Now, select the Import from SD Card option to import Excel contacts to Windows phone.
- After that Windows phone automatically search VCF file stored in the external storage location.
- Now, select the desired Excel contacts files from the storage location after the search process and tap on the Start to start the process.
- After this, a message appears that shows the import contacts from Excel to Windows Phone process gets done successfully.
- Now, you can view your Excel contacts from your Windows Phone simply.
Note: By using the above method one can easily open Excel in Windows Phone. You just have to save the exported Excel file into the external storage.
Why this Solution?
- This converter easily converts CSV, XLS, XLSX, XLT, XLSM, XLSB, XLTX files into VCF file format in batch.
- It gives the option to export Excel contacts 3 different versions: vCard versions 2.1, 3.0 and 4.0.
- Option to import the contacts having empty email address too.
- Completely secure and displays live export report.
Also Read: Import Excel Contacts into Gmail Account
There are lots of business professionals and home users searching for the solution to import contacts from Excel to Windows phones. But, due to a lack of the knowledge, they are not able to open Excel in Windows Phone. Here in this blog, we have discussed the best and effective way to import CSV contacts to Windows Phone without any data loss.