How to Migrate Email from Office 365 to G Suite: A Complete Guide
Are you also among those users who want to export/migrate email from Office 365 to Google Workspace? Not able to find the perfect solution for the data migration from Office 365 to G Suite. If yes? Then, this blog is meant for you. It’s because here we have discussed a prominent solution that can migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite. But, before coming to the migration process let’s have a glance at G Suite & Office 365.
G Suite v/s Office 365
G Suite which is now rebranded as Google Workspace is the most prominent cloud productivity tool that helps to perform business tasks in the cloud. Google offers apps like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Keep, Hangouts, and other applications. Also, it provides an excellent integration of third-party applications which can be downloaded from the Google Web Store.
MS Office 365 is another integrated suite of collaboration and productivity apps. It is a subscription-based suite of products that Microsoft provides for both personal and business use. It includes Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, Skype, and other Microsoft Apps.
Reasons to Move / Migrate Email from Office 365 to G Suite
1- G Suite is much faster as compared to Office 365
2- Provides better mobility compared to Office 365
3- Better integrity as we can open & edit documents directly from the mailbox
4- Provides high scalability and compatibility
5- Google Workspace is easy to support and maintain
6- Helps the team to work together easily & effectively
Also Read : Why G Suite is better than Office 365
Perfect Solution to Migrate Office 365 to G Suite / Google Workspace
SysTools Office 365 to G Suite Migration tool is an advanced solution to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite (Google Workspace). Along with emails it can also export Contacts, Calendar Entries to G Suite without any data loss. The software can transfer user mailbox data from Office 365 to G Suite account. However, for the selective migration of emails and other data, the tool provides multiple filter options. Also, if the user wants to make some priority for the migration of specific user data then they can use the Priority feature of the tool.
Other Advantageous Features of the Software
The software has the potential to perform complete migration from one cloud platform to different cloud email platforms in a minimum time. It exports all important data from Office 365 suite such as Emails, Attachments, Contacts, and Calendar Entries to any G Suite plan without compromising the data quality. Along with this, it provides a Mapping facility to efficiently map Source user addresses with Google Workspace.
1- Move multiple Office 365 mailboxes to G Suite in a single attempt
2- Provides concurrent migration feature to improve efficiency
3- Allows transferring of newly arrived data through Incremental migration
4- Preview the real-time progress status of the import task
5- Generates a summary and detailed report of imported items
6- Support Windows Operating System 10 & Windows Server 2012 / 2016.
Pre-requisites Before Data Migration from Office 365 to G Suite
Pre-requisites for Office 365 as source
- Create Console Project in Office 365.
- Make sure to enter the Application ID
Pre-requisites for G Suite as a destination
- Create Google Console Project.
- Enter Service Account Client ID & P12 Keypath of Google Console Project.
Steps to Migrate Office 365 Mail to G Suite
1. Download the tool to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite.
2. If your tool is not activated click on the Activate button to activate the product.
3. Select Office 365 as Source & G Suite as a Destination Platform.
4. To migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite choose the category “Email”.
5. Enable or disable the options i.e. ‘migrate document permissions’ & ‘user group mapping’.
6. From Source Office 365 window enter O365 admin credentials.
7. From the Destination G Suite window enter G Suite admin credentials.
8. Fetch user accounts using fetch users, import users & download template options.
9. Map source and destination user groups by Importing a Group mapping file.
10. Click on the Start Migration button for data migration from Office 365 to G Suite.
11. Track the progress status of the migration process.
12. Click on the Download Report button to get a summary & detailed report.
Also Read: How to Export Office 365 Contacts to G Suite?
As we all know G Suite and Office 365 are at the forefront of business productivity applications. But, nowadays due to mobility more and more users are switching to G Suite. Here in this write-up, we have covered a common query i.e. how to migrate email from Office 365 to G Suite. For this, a simple utility is discussed here which is feature-rich with a high success rate. One can easily perform the data migration from Office 365 to G Suite in an easy way by using this program.