Here’s A Quick Way To Solve How to Import CSV to Apple Contacts Problem
Apple Mail (aka Mac Mail/ Mail) is one of the most used email clients in the world today and it comprises so many amazing features also. It’s an in-built email app that comes up with every iPhone and supports to configure almost all type of accounts you’d like. Apple Mail is the best when it comes to filing emails into respective folders, search emails, and automatically appending the signatures to outgoing emails. Contacts, Calendars, Maps, and other apps integrate with it.
Today, users are inclining more towards Mac OS X and Apple Mail is one such application that can be configured with most of the Mac devices: such as, iPhone- iOS, iPadOS, MacBook, Apple Watch (watchOS 3 or later), etc.
Therefore, the demand to import CSV to Apple contacts also got increased. In this article, we are going to disclose the simplest solution to import CSV contacts to Apple address book.
So, let’s get started now!
How Do I Import a CSV File into Apple Contacts?
The complete import CSV file into Apple contacts process is categorized into 3 major steps and it is recommended to follow the steps carefully to avoid any kind of data loss.
Step 1. Make CSV Apple Compatible (Convert CSV File to vCard Format)
Apple Mail does not allow to import CSV to Apple Contacts directly and so first, you’ll have to make the CSV Apple Mail compatible. Below are the steps for the same:
• Download and run SysTools CSV to vCard Mac Converter on your Mac machine.
Download Now Buy Now
• Click Add File(s) button and select one or more CSV files from the saved location. Click Open
• Choose VCF as an Export option and check the ‘Create Single vCard File’ option if you want to export all CSV contacts into a single vCard. Select vCard v3.0/ 4.0 and Mac vCard
• Now, select the CSV and map its fields with vCard fields manually. Also, you can hit the ‘Map All’ button to map all the CSV contacts with vCard. Click Change and browse a location to save output vCard. Click Export
• CSV contacts will be converted into vCard right after this
Posts you might be intrested:
Step 2. Import vCard to Your iCloud Account
After converting your CSV to vCard, you can import CSV contacts to Apple address book via iCloud. Follow the steps below to import vCard to iCloud:
• Go to https://www.icloud.com/ and enter your Apple ID and Password to log in
• Select Contacts option to proceed import CSV into Apple contacts
• Click on the gear icon from the bottom-left screen and choose Import vCard option
• Navigate and add the vCard you’d converted in step 1. Click Open
• vCard contacts will be imported to your iCloud contacts and you can check the imported contacts from the contact list
Step 3. Sync iCloud with Apple Contacts
iCloud contacts can be synced with Apple contacts after this and below are the guidelines for this:
• Open your iPhone or other Apple device (here we’re taking an example of iPhone):
• If iCloud account is not configured in your iPhone then, open Settings >> Contacts
• Select Accounts >> Add Accounts to begin import CSV to Apple Contacts process
• Highlight the iCloud option, and configure your iCloud account here via following the given instructions
• If iCloud account is already configured in your device then, open Settings >> Contacts
• Click iCloud and enable Contacts option
• Now, your iPhone will ask you if you want to merge your iPhone contacts with iCloud. Click Yes
• CSV contacts are imported to your Apple contacts and can be checked from the contact list of the device
How to import CSV files into Apple contacts is one of the most searched queries on the Internet today. Here, we’ve disclosed how to import CSV to Apple contacts just in 3 simple steps. The method mentioned here can be performed by every technical or non-technical user without any difficulty. The solution mentioned here is absolutely gonna work you to import CSV contacts to Apple address book.