Export Apple Mail To Outlook 2013: A Simple Way to Make Mac Forensics Easy!
Apple Mail is a default mail client on Mac OS that uses standard protocols for emailing: SMTP, POP3, and IMAP. It is available with the configuration option with famous email providers like Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo! Mail, Exchange Server, iCloud etc. Like any other mail client, a mailbox is provided to the users where emails, contacts, and calendars can be stored and managed accordingly. Available with secure emailing options, Apple Mail is one of the widely adopted choices of Macintosh users.
- The messages for every mail folder get saved into the MBOX file. The default location of MBOX files for Apple Mail is “Library/mail/[Mail Box]”.
- Also, individual mails of the folder are saved into .emlx file extension. The default location of this .emlx files is “~user/Library/Mail/Mailboxes/[mailbox]/Messages/”.
Export Apple Mail to Outlook 2013 Using An Ultimate Solution!
Use the best tool to extract MBOX emails for this task. It helps to create a Unicode PST file containing all the Apple Mail data. You can make use of its free version to easily export Apple mailbox into Outlook without the version constraint. The generated PST file is easily imported in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003.
- Run the tool on your system and click on Add Files button.
- Select the MBOX Files option and click the Next button.
- Find and select the Apple Mail mailbox files (right-click on an Apple Mailbox and click the Export option to obtain this file).
- Click the Process button.
- The tool will preview all the Apple Mail emails here, click the Export menu button.
- Selected Mails Export: There is a facility to select the emails before exporting them. Using the checkboxes, emails can be selected before right-clicking them to be exported into Outlook 2013.
- Select PST, then the Export button to start exporting Apple Mail to Outlook.
The features of the tool can be utilized to convert MBOX file to PST and customize the process too. The Windows-based product is particularly meant for email analysis (with free email preview functions) and its different phases.
Forensic Examination and Trouble
At times, when the Apple Mail messages have to be forensically examined, the major challenge faced by the investigators is the availability of the application to read the Apple Mail MBOX files. There is a certain structure followed by this Mac mail client for storing the mail database and many times, it is the requirement to read and analyze the collected artefacts on a Windows machine due to the availability of better solutions for the same.
Along with this, analysis on the Windows platform is easy. For accessing the email data and preserving it, the best option is to save it in MS Outlook. Along with this, the advantage is, that experts can utilize the powerful search algorithms of Outlook 2013, easily read the email headers, and properties, and add the file to investigation tools.
But unfortunately, when it comes to accessing the Apple mail file in Outlook. The situation becomes a bit troublesome because a mailbox file with .pst extension only can be opened in Outlook. Thus, to deal with the problem of how to export Apple Mail to Outlook 2013, the only solution is to move the emails from Mac files to PST files.
Maintain Every Bit of Data
Ascertaining that the artefacts and their metadata are preserved. The possible way to get through is deploying forensically certified programs that can help to move the emails of Apple Mail to MS Outlook Unicode files.
These applications can be a great source to save the original artefacts so that any tampering or data loss while examination can save the investigation process. By exporting the Apple Mail messages into Outlook, a lot of eDiscovery benefits can be availed that can ease up evidence extraction and help in a better presentation in the court of law.