Google Contacts to iPhone – The Best Solution 
So, you have purchased a new iPhone? Well, it’s a joyful event. However, before boasting your shiny iPhone in front of your friends, it is necessary to transfer all your essential stuff from the old phone to new iPhone. Now, if you’re saying, I don’t want to move unnecessary data from old phone to iPhone and want to throw off contacts only, then you’ll be happy to know that you’ve reached the right place.
In this guide, we are going to talk about import Google Contacts to iPhone in the two most simple and correct ways.
How to Transfer Google Contacts to iPhone?
Google Contacts and iPhone are two totally different platforms and whenever it comes to add Google Contacts to iPhone, users find it complicated as both platforms supports different file formats to save contacts. However, things become easier when we save contacts to a common file format to save contacts i.e., vCard (vcf).
In the subsequent section, we will show you how to transfer Google Contacts to iPhone in 2 simple steps:
Step 1: Export Contacts from your Google Account
- First of all, log in to your Google account in which all your contacts are saved
- Then, click on the Google Apps icon and select Contacts option
- All your Google Contacts will be listed on your screen
- Now, select all the contacts you want to move to iPhone
- Click on three vertical dots icon and select Export to proceed with Google Contacts to iPhone process
- Choose Google CSV as the export option and browse a location to save the output file
Alert: Do not choose vCard (.vcf) as the export option as this will create individual .vcf for each contact and importing each .vcf to iPhone will become tedious later. Also, this might lead you to data mismatching and data loss issues.
- Selected Google Contacts will be downloaded into a Comma Separated File (.csv)
Step 2: Import Google Contacts to iPhone
Now, one thing you must know is you cannot import contacts from CSV to iPhone directly as iPhone supports to import contacts only from vCard files. That’s why below is how you can save all your Google Contacts in a single .vcf file:
Download Now Purchase Now
- If you are using a Mac computer to perform Google Contacts to iPhone task, it is suggested to use Google CSV to vCard Converter tool to make Google Contacts iPhone compatible.
Download Now Purchase Now
- Click on the Browse button and select the contacts CSV file you have exported above
- The tool will preview all your Google Contacts along with all the contact fields. Click Next
- After this, select a CSV contact field and match it with a respected vCard contact field. Follow the same step to map all the CSV contacts with vCard contact fields. Once done, click Next
- From the next screen select vCard v3.0 or v4.0 and check Create Single vCard for all Contacts, Import Empty Email Addresses options. Click Convert
- Once all your Google CSV Contacts gets exported into a single vCard file, compose a new email to proceed Google Contacts to iPhone process
- Attach the converted into mail and send this mail to your iPhone email account
- Now, open this email on your iPhone and click on attached vCard
- Select Contacts app to open the attachment and all the vCard contacts will get synchronized with iPhone contacts
You can use your iCloud account as well to import the converted vCard into your iPhone. For this:
- Log in to your iCloud account and click on Contacts to initiate Google Contacts to iPhone process
- Click on Settings >> Import vCard
- Locate and select the converted vCard file
- All your vCard contacts will get synchronized with iPhone Contacts right after this