Windows Live Mail to Outlook [100% Safe]
WLM is an acronym of the Windows Live Mail. It is a discontinued application of Microsoft. Windows Visa uses Windows Mail as their default mail client. In Windows XP and Windows 98 uses Outlook Express as their default mail client. After that in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 the default mail client is WLM (Windows Live Mail).
Microsoft discontinued Windows Live Mail and confirm for not providing support for the same. Due to this, most of the users are migrating to Outlook (Microsoft’s Mailing Application).
It is good to move on the advance applications like Outlook. But what to do with Windows Live Mail Mailbox? Is it possible to import data of Windows Live Mail to Outlook?
For all your questions, the answer is YES, but there is not any direct solution to access WLM emails in Outlook. Because of the WLM stores emails in EML format and Outlook in PST format.
Expert Suggestion: –
Use trusted application and switch from Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
Windows Live Mail to PST Converter
Download Buy Software Now
Methods to Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook
There are two different solutions available to import WLM old data to Outlook: one is manual and the other is a safe automated solution i.e. Windows Live Mail Converter. The manual method to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook comprises some serious drawbacks. Therefore, we suggest you choose an expert suggested and sure way.
The choice is yours, here you will get complete guidance of both solutions. Select one and perform steps:
- Switch from Windows Live Mail to Outlook Manually
- Manual Method Limitation
- Import WLM Emails to Outlook (Author’s Choice)
Manual Method to Import WLM Emails to Outlook for Free
Note: – It is suggested to take the backup of Windows Live Mail storage folder first. After that perform the steps listed below and complete the import process:
- Open both Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail email clients on the same Windows machine
- Click on File >> Export>>Email message
- Choose Microsoft Exchange and click Next
- Now, you will get the Export message, hit the OK button
- Select Outlook as Mail folder from the drop-down menu, click OK
- It will start the Exporting process
- After this, the “Export Complete” message will be displayed on the screen
- Click on the Finish button to end the process
De-merits of Manual Method
Limitations of the manual method to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook are as following:
- The manual method cannot import large-sized WLM data.
- May results in distorted message header and attachments.
- Essential data can be lost while performing the import process.
- The orphan database cannot import into Microsoft Outlook.
- Sometimes, the manual method fails completely while converting Windows Live Mail emails to PST file format.
- The manual method demands more effort and time to convert WLM emails to PST.
- The original hierarchy of EML file data can be lost after the conversion.
- Can’t perform the migration without Windows Live Mail application.
Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook With Complete Data
The steps listed below, verified by experts. This import process has been implemented on different user’s data. All-time it worked well and performed 100% accuracy and security. Follow the steps listed below for Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007:
- Download and install SysTools Windows Live Mail Converter
Windows Live Mail to PST Converter
Download Buy Software Now
- Launch the tool and click on Browse for the Storage location then, click on Browse and Open to proceed.
- Choose, PST as an export option and the software will provide you two options to export WLM emails as Outlook PST:
Mail Filter: It allows exporting emails of the specified time-interval.
Split PST: It allows breaking a large-sized PST file.
- Hit the Browse button to select the destination location for the resultant PST file, click Export.
- After a successful conversion, the software will display a message ‘Export Process Completed Successfully’.
Now you can import the output file into MS Outlook easily.
Steps to Import Created PST file into Microsoft Outlook
Follow the set of instructions to move the resultant PST file to MS Outlook. You can apply this process on Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, versions.
- Launch Outlook and click on File >> Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file, click Next.
- Select Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst), click Next.
- After that select, the PST file converted above and check the “Include subfolders” checkbox, click Finish.
The process of Importing Windows Live Mail Emails, contacts, calendars to Outlook FINISHED! Use this solution to Import WLM emails into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, versions.
Reasons to Import Windows Live Mail Emails to Outlook
Initially, users use Outlook Express to send and receive the emails, manage their work, But, after considering the users’ requirements, Microsoft launched Windows Live Mail with some advanced features so that, users can interact with new technology. But, this email client was a big failure of Microsoft and was not able to compete with users’ requirements. Therefore, it got obsoleted from the market in a certain time period. After this, Microsoft stopped the technical support also for Windows Live Mail.
Another reason to import Window Live Mail to Outlook is: MS Outlook is a widely used email client while comparing it with Windows Live Mail. Also, it makes easier to manage information for the end-users.
So, these are some of the most common reasons for what users perform such migration.
Import Windows Live Mail to Outlook is not a simple process. And, performing this manually, requires so much of technical knowledge. So, in the above section, we have discussed the complete automatic solution to import Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook easily. Besides, we have discussed one manual solution as well to perform this task free of cost.
Author’s Pick: – Use Automated Solution to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
Windows Live Mail to Outlook – FAQ
Is it Possible to Switch Windows 7 Mail to Outlook?
Yes, use the solution explained in this write-up and easily migrate data from Windows 7 Mail to Outlook.
Is Possible to Import Data to Outlook Without WLM?
Yes, it is possible, the complete steps explained.
Can I Import WLM Data into Outlook 2019?
Yes, The explained procedure is applicable for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, versions.