Secure Way to Convert WhatsApp Contacts to vCard Format
WhatsApp has become the most popular instant messaging app available for various smartphones around the world. Moreover, it has been gaining the popularity day by day. It has one of the best platform, which is used to share messages, images, and videos. This application is really helpful to stay connected with everyone.
But, there come times when users need to convert WhatsApp contacts to vCard format due to some personal or professional reasons. Here, in this blog, we come up with the easiest way to export WhatsApp Contacts to VCF. Along with this, we are going to discuss various reasons behind such a migration of contacts.
Reasons to Export WhatsApp Contacts to VCF
As everyone knows the necessities of WhatsApp that helps to gain the popularity of it in today’s arena. In fact, everyone can use this application to communicate with each other. Although, users still want to move their all contacts to a vCard, which is also known as the virtual business card. Some of the main reasons behind export WhatsApp contacts to VCF are as following:
- The vCard file can save the important contacts in a standard file format that makes it easy for end users to transfer or share files over a network.
- Moreover, this file format can easily access on different platforms for the contacts management. Therefore, multiple users prefer to move their WhatsApp contacts in the VCF file.
In the upcoming section, we are going to discuss a manual technique in order to accomplish the migration procedure.
Manual Trick to Transfer WhatsApp Contacts to vCard File
The following step by step instructions to perform the conversion process. Some of them are discussed below:
- Download WhatsApp Contacts in a CSV File
- Converting From CSV to vCard Files
Step 1: Export WhatsApp Contacts as CSV File
- Launch the WhatsApp in your mobile and click on WhatsApp web page. After executing this, it will open a camera and scanner. You only need to scan the barcode that appears on a web page
- Now, expand your contact list available on the left side
- Click on the bookmarklet from a toolbar for creating the CSV list or photo address book.
- In the next step, select an option to export a file into CSV format. Even you can export them into HTML.
Remember: Make sure to extract data into CSV file format.
Step 2: Export CSV File to VCF Format
There are two strategies to complete the migration process:
Approach 1: Manual Solution
In order to complete the entire task manually, you need to follow these two steps:
Import Contacts from CSV File
- First of all, press Windows + R button simultaneously and type wab. Press Enter
- Now, Contacts window will appear on the screen. Click on Import for exporting contacts from .csv file
- After completing this, the Import to Windows Contacts will pop-up. Choose the CSV format and click on the Import option to proceed further
- Select an option CSV for importing and click on Browse to locate each file
- In the current step, choose CSV file and then, click the Next button
- Now, you need to select the Next button & all text messages and contacts will be shown
- Then, the contact field name was selected and click OK
- Similarly, maps the entire filed. Once it is done, click on Finish and start the import process.
Export CSV Contacts to vCard File
- On the same screen, you can view the contact window. Select the Contacts that you want to export as vCard by clicking on Export
- Now, the Export Windows Contacts dialog box pops-up on the screen. Select all the folders of VCF file from the given list and hit on Export option to move further
- Afterwards, choose the desired location of VCF export. In case, you want to make a new folder, then, you can create it any location. Choose the storage location and press OK button
- In the end, all contacts have been exported to a .vcf file. Now, you have to click on OK button
Approach 2: Professional Tool
As the manual approach is hard to implement and its quite lengthy; therefore, users can opt a reliable third party tool i.e., CSV to VCF Converter. It helps to migrate CSV file into vCard format. With this utility, it becomes very simple and easy to perform the conversion process.
Download Now Purchase Now
After importing, if users want to view the vCard file then, they can take help of vCard Viewer. This software has been designed in a simple way to open and view VCF file contacts with different images. Moreover, it is compatible with single or multiple .vcf data files in a safe and secure manner.
Download Now Purchase Now
Wrapping It Up
WhatsApp is the most popular application in today’s arena. After considering the above reasons behind conversion we have already mentioned a completely manual process. Besides this, we have also suggested the automated solution through which users can easily convert WhatsApp contacts to vCard format and then, view those files without any risk of data loss.