How to Transfer G Suite to Another Account or Domain?– Let’s See
Most of the users are aware of the fact that G Suite is a cloud-based collection of productivity and collaboration tools developed by Google. So it offers services which help organizations in communication, collaboration, data storage, management of users and services. In certain circumstances, when it becomes necessary to transfer G Suite to another account / domain, then most of the users face the problem. If an organization’s data, which belongs to different employees, have to be migrated from G Suite account to another account / domain, then it becomes a tedious as well as time-consuming task.
So, today we are going to provide an easy solution for those G Suite users who wish to migrate email from G Suite to G Suite. Before knowing how to solve this problem, read the queries asked by the G Suite users on various forums.
“Hello, I have been assigned with a task by my Manager to find a method to transfer G Suite to another account / domain. As we want to change our G Suite domain and migrate account of every employee in the company to a new domain. We are looking for a quick solution to perform that task. Be sure to provide the solution which is risk-free, as we don’t wanna lose any data of employee during the transfer process. Also, data integrity and security should be preserved.”
“Hello there, I am looking for a foolproof method to export Google contacts to another account. We are splitting our organization into different organizations and also changing our domains. Please provide any method to transfer contacts from one G suite account to another domain. Thanks!!”
G Suite data migration is the task that takes a toll on user’s time if tried to be done manually. As G Suite account offers many facilities like Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, and Sheets and the list goes on. So, it is really a time-consuming process which is mostly done by Admin.
If you are searching for, a perfect method to perform G Suite Migration then, you are at the right place. Here, in this blog, we will provide you the best solution to do the same.
Method to Transfer G Suite to Another Account / Domain
There are usually two methods to migrate email from G Suite to G Suite. In both cases, access to the Admin G Suite account is a must.
Method 1: Export G Suite account data using Mail Migration Services
Google provides a manual method for the G Suite users to migrate emails from one account to another. Though, this is a free method but, the transfer process is quite complicated because it requires setting-up of mail migration service, which includes:
1. Microsoft Exchange Server
2. Office 365 account
The method requires users to have technical skills and the system to have enough memory space, for the process to be accomplished. It becomes a burden when it is needed to migrate multiple user’s data to another account.
– Generally, we do not recommend this method to the users because it is not easy to fulfill all the pre-requisites. Still, if you like to more about this method then you can see this Google post: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6174025?hl=en
Method 2: Use of Third-party Software for G Suite Account Migration.
We recommend using SysTools G Suite Migration tool to transfer G Suite to another account / domain. This tool is easy to use and also maintain data integrity while migration. Here, the user has the facility to use the demo version of the software which allows migrating 50 items for three users. We suggest purchasing the full version of the software, for enjoying unlimited transfer of G suite accounts.
The good thing about the Licensed version is, it comes in three forms, and each carries its own advantages:
Advantage of using G Suite Migrator:
- It allows you to migrate Mails, Calendars, Google Drive, Contacts from Google Apps to another account / domain
- Only the Admin account can transfer single / multiple accounts to another domain.
- It provides you the facility to transfer selective user’s accounts.
- List & Tile view of the resulted data after migration
- It can migrate email from G Suite to G Suite at very high speed.
- Migrator tool contains Error Handler to detect failure automatically(loss of connection) and resumes a migration.
Steps to Transfer G Suite to Another Account or Domain using G Suite Migrator:
1. Download and Install the software from its official site. Run the G Suite Migrator and click on Setup.
2. Enter the Service Client ID and browse the P12 file path (created in prerequisite). Click Save to proceed further.
3. Next click on Migration>> Source, now enter Source Admin ID and click on Connect Button. Wait for the authentication of the source account and then click Next.
4. In the Destination, enter the Destination Admin ID >> Connect to authenticate destination account.
5. Choose the categories from the Preference Panel which you wish to migrate to another domain. You can also apply the Date filter for the selected file types.
6. Now, enter the Destination mailbox address for Source and Destination user mapping.
7. After that, click on the Next button, now the tool will start fetching all the users associated with the Admin account.
8. Select the users from the list to transfer data. You can also apply priority for those user’s whose data you wish to migrate first.
9. Now, the last thing for you to do is click on the Start button to begin the transfer G Suite to another account/domain.
10. Finally, after migration, you can save the report by clicking on Save Report Button. This will download a file to your desktop. You can also view the report in the software in Tile as well as List view.
Now, after the completion of the migration process, Go to the destination account / domain and check the export process yourself.
In this blog post, we tried to explain all the necessary steps to transfer G Suite to another account / domain. You can get the more detailed description to migrate email from G Suite to G Suite (with screens shots) on the official site of the product. Many of the users have already tested the product and reviewed that G Suite Migration tool is so far the best software to perform the task. Moreover, it maintains data integrity and security during the migration procedure. Visit the Official site and try the tool today!