How to Transfer G Suite to Another Account via Direct Method?
As we all know, G Suite is a cloud-based collection of productivity and collaboration tools developed by Google. It provides services that help organizations in communication, collaboration, data storage, management of multiple users and services. Under certain circumstances, when it becomes necessary to migrate G Suite to another account/domain, most users face a problem. If an organization has to migrate data that belongs to individual employees from one G Suite account to another, it becomes a tedious and time-consuming task.
So, today we are going to provide an easy solution to complete this migration on desktop without data modification. Before learning how to fix this problem, read the questions asked by G Suite users in various forums.
“User Query 1: Hello, I have been tasked by my manager to find a way to move G Suite email to another account. As we want to change our G Suite domain and want to migrate each employee’s account in the company to a new domain. So, we are looking for a quick solution to get that task done as soon as possible. Somebody please provide solution which is risk-free as we don’t want to lose any employee data during migration.”
“User Question 2: Hello, I am looking for an easy way to export Google Contacts to another account. We are splitting our organization into different organizations and also changing our domains. Please provide some way to process this task. At the same time, data integrity and security must be preserved. Thank you!!”
G Suite data migration is one such task which takes a heavy toll of user’s time if tried to do manually. As G Suite account provides many features like Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs and Sheets and the list goes on. So, it is really a time consuming process which is mostly done by the admin.
Table of Content
Transfer G Suite to Another Account using Mail Migration Services
Google provides a manual method for G Suite / Google Workspace users to migrate email from one account to another. Although this is a free method, the transfer process is quite complex as it requires setting up a mail migration service, which includes:
1. Microsoft Exchange Server
2. Office 365 Account
The method requires users to have technical skills and sufficient storage space in the system to carry out the transfer process. It becomes a burden when data of multiple users needs to be migrated to another account.
Note – Generally, we do not recommend this method to you as it is not easy to fulfill all the pre-requisites. Nevertheless, if you want to know more about this method you can check this google post: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6174025?hl=en
Migrate Email from One G Suite Account to Another – Expert Recommended
We recommend using the G Suite Migration Tool to transfer G Suite to another account/domain. This tool is easy to use and also maintains data integrity during migration. Here, the user has the facility to use the free demo version of the software which allows for 2 users to migrate items.
Furthermore, to enjoy unlimited migrate multiple accounts simultaneously, we suggest purchasing the full version of the software. The good thing about the licensed version is that it comes in three forms, and each has its own advantages:
- Basic Version
- Advanced Version
- Premium Version
Let us go through the features and working steps in the sections below to know about this tool in a bit more detail.
Advantages of using the Automated Solution
- It allows you to migrate emails, Calendars, Contacts from Google Workspace to another account.
- Only the Admin account can transfer single/multiple accounts to another domains.
- Likewise, this tool can easily transfer G Suite to another account at a very high speed and without data loss.
- Moreover, this software provides you with the facility to transfer selective users’ accounts.
- It facilitates you to view the report of the resulted data after migration.
- This professional tool contains an Error Handler to detect failure automatically (loss of connection) and resumes a migration.
Steps to Transfer G Suite to Another Account Using Tool
Download and Install the software from its official site. Run the software & go through with all the prerequisites and follow the below steps-
- Choose the categories from the Workload Panel that you wish to migrate to another account. You can also apply the Date filter for the selected file types.
- Enter the Service Client ID and browse the P12 file path (created during project creation).
- In the Source window, now enter Source Admin ID, and Application Id and click on Validate Button. Wait for the authentication of the source G Suite account and then click Next.
- In the Destination window, enter the Destination Admin ID, Application Id >> Validate to authenticate the destination account.
- After that, click on the Next button, choose any option to fetch users, the tool will start fetching all the users associated with the Admin account.
- Here, you can also apply priority for those users whose data you wish to migrate first. Click on the Validate button for authentication.
- Now, the last thing for you to do is click on the Start Migration button to begin the transfer G Suite email to another account/domain.
- Finally, after migration, you can save the report by clicking on the Download Report button. The tool will download a file to your desktop. You can also view the report in the software as necessary.
Now, after the completion of the migration process, Go to the destination account/domain and check the export process yourself.
In this blog post, we have tried to explain all the necessary steps to transfer G Suite to another account. You can find a more detailed description of how to migrate email from one G Suite account to another (with screen shots) on the product’s official site. Many users have already tested the product and have reviewed that it is the best software ever to do the job. Furthermore, it maintains data integrity and security during the migration process. Visit the official site and try the tool today!
Quick Solution: If you just want to know, the various method’s to export Google contacts to another account then refer to our other blog post.
Common Asked Questions
Q- How do I move from one Google Workspace to another?
- Download tool on desktop first.
- Select G Suite as both source and target accounts.
- Provide details of both of them and validate.
- Press Start Migration to begin the process to transfer G Suite to another account.
Q- Can I have two Google Suite accounts?
Answer – If you plan to maintain your company’s sub-organizations as separate entities with no central administration, you can set up multiple Google Workspace/G Suite accounts. However, each user account will come with an organization resource associated with a primary domain.
Q- Is it possible to create multiple Google Accounts with the same name?
Answer – No, unfortunately Google doesn’t allow any duplicate account to be created so practically it is not possible.