Best SQL Migration Tool to Execute SQL Data Migration Safely
Synopsis: In this guide, we’re going to look at the best SQL migration tool for users. As we know It’s a tough task for users to migrate their SQL database from one server to another, they need a reliable solution that can help them get the best results without errors. This is why we are going to introduce them to the best & ideal software.
The SQL database migration tool we are going to mention is the expert’s choice. Hence, IT experts & even Microsofts’ MVPs also trust this utility. Let’s Below is the table of content for you guys to directly skip to any of your favorite sections. However, we are starting this article with the solution itself followed by other significant aspects topics.
Table of Content
Download SQL Server Migration Tool with Detailed Tutorial
Users need to download this advanced utility in order to proceed further & focus on the step-by-step tutorial. As we all know that there is no direct manual method available, this one is so far the best & most secure solution available for users. This way users can easily transfer SQL Server database from one computer to another.
Once you download this utility in your system, simply install it quickly & then follow the below-mentioned steps to execute the perfect SQL migration task. The images are also there with the steps for better understanding.
Note: Select the “Run as Administrator” option while launching this software if you’re working on Windows OS 7, 8, 10, or 11.
Step-1. Launch SQL Migration Tool & then go to the open option to begin.
Step-2. Choose the Online or Offline option for your migration task.
Step-3. Preview Database Objects & Go to the Export options.
Step-4. Select the Export options as per your requirements.
Step-5. Finally, Hit the Export button to get the results.
Tip: After the process completes, users can easily download the status report to further analyze the statistics.
SQL Migration Tool – Pre-Requisites
There are several prerequisites that users need to be aware of. Apart from that, users need to address the system specs as well. This way users can be well prepared for their migration task in advance & can say that they’ve gone through the SQL server migration best practices in depth.
- Launch the software with the “Run as Administrator” option if you guys are working on Windows OS 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows server 2008, 2012R2, 2016 version.
- There must be Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or above in the system.
- There should be 100 MB of free space in the users’ system for this SQL data migration task.
- Minimum of 2GB or recommended 4GB RAM should be there for the seamless functioning of the tool.
- When we talk about the processor, there should be Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39GHz or above.
Supported Editions of this SQL Database Migration Tool:
- Windows: The Windows OS 11, 10, 8, 7, Vista or Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2, & 2016.
- SQL Server: SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, 2005, & 2000 versions.
- The trial version can easily export 25 records of each table & 5 other categories.
Major Features of This SQL Migration Tool for Users
Now, that we know the entire process & prerequisites, it’s time to know the features that this amazing utility possesses. This can even help users to utilize the full potential of this software.
- This software allows the migration of one live SQL server database to another live SQL server.
- If users want, they can even migrate the offline MDF files to the live SQL servers as well without hassles
- It’s also possible for users to migrate the offline or online SQL server database to SQL-compatible scripts.
- Moreover, the tool is capable to migrate SQL server script to live database with just a few steps.
- The software can repair the database objects with corruption & then migrates them after solving the damage in them.
- This SQL server migration tool has various filters for migrating the data files selectively.
- Users can easily migrate the entire database with the schema as well as the schema along with the data.
- It’s possible for users to migrate the SQL database to an existing database in the destination SQL server.
- If users want, they can also create a new database in the destination to move the database files.
- This advanced utility helps users to migrate SQL Server 2016 to 2019 version without any hassles at all.
- Pretty much all database objects can be migrated to the destination SQL server including triggers, functions, views, tables, stored procedures, etc.
What Are The Benefits of SQL Data Migration?
Now, it’s time for users to learn all the benefits that they can get with this automated utility. There are various reasons why users undergo this migration task. These reasons are the benefits also. Let’s quickly go through these advantages:
The primary reason for migrating the SQL server is server upgradation. Users often aim to get the best & latest solutions for their businesses with SQL database migration tools. This is only possible with this upgradation task. Here, users, have a few things in focus as follows:
- Performance – New servers boost the load handling capacity on the SQL servers. They can handle more queries simultaneously with our SQL migration tool.
- Speed – The faster your server is the better it is for the operations for sure. New server versions are faster than the old ones.
- Functions – There are better functions present in the new SQL servers. That can be beneficial for users. This SQL server migration tool has the latest features.
- Cost – The cost factor is one of the major elements here. New servers come with more efficient pricing plans.
SQL Migration Tool – Most Asked Questions
Q.1 What is the alternative for users if they don’t want to execute this automated solution?
A.- There is no direct method available for users manually to execute this migration task.
Q.2 Can we get this SQL database migration tool for free?
A.- Yes, users can easily get the demo version of this tool for free for testing. Moreover, even the paid version is quite affordable.
Q.3 Is it possible to migrate the database with schema or schema with data?
A.- Yes, in this SQL data migration task, users can migrate the schema & data using the tool.
Q.4 What is the process of migrating the database with selective objects?
A- There’s no process, it’s just a simple trick. Just select the database objects that you need to migrate & leave the rest.