How to Restore Table Data in SQL Server – Learn the Top Two Tricks
Summary: If you are seeking for a solution to restore table data in SQL Server 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, and the below editions. Then try the most affordable solution by which you can directly restore the database in a few simple steps.
MS SQL Server is the leading database technology in the corporate sector to store and manage data. With this application, it is really easy to manage databases of any size. It creates different files (.mdf,.ndf & .ldf) to store the database. But, like other files, SQL database files are also prone to corruption. It’s bitter, but it is a true fact.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to explain both the manual as well as an automated solution by which you can easily import table data in SQL Server without applying additional effort.
Quick Tip: If you want to recover deleted data from SQL Server database, then it is highly advised to use an automatic tool such as SQL Recovery to efficiently restore the data.
Methods to Restore Table Data in SQL Server
In the upcoming section, you will get the different methods to restore table data from MDF Files in an easy way.
- Restore Database Using SSMS
- Restore Database Using an Automated Software
Approach-1. Restore & Recover Table Data SQL Server Using SSMS
You need to follow the given steps to restore data in SQL Server. Although to perform manual steps database MDF file should be in a healthy state (not corrupted, damaged, or broken).
- Firstly, launch the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio in your system.
- Once it is opened, under the Object Explorer section, Right-click on the Database folder.
- Afterward, click on the Restore Database… option.
- Select the Device option and then set the backup media type.
- Click on Add and select your backup.
- Now, click the OK button to restore table data in SQL server. In the end, refresh the database node and check the database in the Object Explorer section.
Approach-2. Expert Way to Recover Table Data SQL Server
SQL Recovery Software is the professional solution to restore the corrupt, damaged, or deleted database component. This utility provides dual scanning modes which easily recover minor or major corruption issues from the MDF file. To remove minimal corruption from the database select the Quick Scan mode and to recover severely damaged databases go for the Advance Scan option. This is one of the best ways to restore table data in SQL Server smartly.
The tool provides options to save the recovered data as SQL Compatible scripts, CSV files or you can export the data to live SQL Server database present in the same machine a server network. Moreover, the tool support to restore the table data from the MDF file of SQL Server version 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012 & below.
Also Read: Learn to Reduce the Risk of SQL Database Corruption Smartly
Procedural Guide to Restore Table Data in SQL Server
These simple steps allow users to recover and restore data in the latest as well as earlier editions of SQL Server. First of all, you need to download and install this software on your machine. Then, follow the given steps:
Step-1. Launch the tool and load MDF files in the tool using the Open button.
Step-2. After inserting the MDF file select a scan option and choose the server version.
Step-3. View healthy & recovered database items and then click on Export.
Step-4. Now, to restore data, choose the SQL Server Database option from the export window.
Step-5. Select required tables and then click on Export to start the process.
Also Read: Migrate SQL Server 2016 to 2019 Version Automatically
Beneficial Features of the Tool
- This tool allows to add MDF & NDF database files at once and repair them within few clicks.
- There are various filters to recover table data SQL server selectively using the automated solution.
- The software will display the recovered data without making any changes in the original data items.
- It is built with advanced algorithms to make the recovery of even permanently deleted data items.
- There’re options to export recovered data & convert to CSV File format, or as .sql scripts for SQL server.
- The tool comes with no restriction to add large-size database files to restore Table Data in SQL Server.
- Also, it allows previewing of MDF file data to ensure the correct data goes for the process.
- The application comes with a free trial version which allows users to preview all recovered data and export limited database items. Using the free trial version, users can check the working of the tool.
Also Read: Restore Master Database in SQL Server Database
In this blog, we resolved one of the frequently asked user’s queries i.e how to restore table data in SQL Server. We have discussed a manual method to perform this task. But, we found that it has certain kinds of limitations. Hence, to overcome the constraints, it is suggested to use a professional software solution that allows you to do this job without any hassle.