Outlook Hangs on Loading Profile – Top Five Ways to Fix It
Frustrated with the Outlook hanging on the loading profile screen, well then it is time to rejoice.
Well, we all know that Nowadays email is the most convenient way to share data and information and for this Microsoft Outlook is the first choice of the users. The reason behind Outlook popularity is its features and easy-to-use user interface.
But one problem that is very annoying and frustrating and many of the Outlook users reported this issue on various forums sits. Let see some of them understand the real scenario that users are actually facing.
The above query screenshots are from the Microsoft community and Reddit community sites. And in our research, this is not just the end of the queries. Basically, there are many users who have summited their queries on this issue.
Now, if you are facing this issue and want to give rid of it, then here in this blog we are going to discuss some troubleshooting techniques to fix this issue. But before going toward the solution section first let’s discuss the reason why this happens.
Reasons for Outlook Hangs on Loading Profile Issue
Well, there are several reasons for Outlook crashing and hanging issues but here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the most important reasons that are responsible for this crashing issue in Outlook.
- If the user using the Outdated Outlook application and has not installed the latest update, then you may be facing Outlook freezing and hanging issues.
- If the Outlook program is used by another program.
- A faulty or damaged Outlook Add-one is also the reason for Outlook freezing and hanging.
- Incorrect Outlook program installation also creates this issue in front of Outlook users.
- Outlook data file corruption is also the reason for Outlook hangs on loading issues.
- Some of the Antivirus programs also conflict with the working of the Outlook program.
- Outlook profile corruption is also the reason for this Outlook hanging on the loading profile.
Now, after knowing the reasons for this let’s move towards the troubleshooting method to fiix this issue.
How to Fix Outlook Hangs on Loading Profile
Here in this section, we are going to discuss some of the best troubleshooting techniques to fix this issue. So go through the section and resolve the error.
#Method 1: Install the latest Outlook Update
We all know that every software or application developer releases an update to fix all the previous bugs and errors. Now, if you are using the outdated Outlook version, then install the latest version of Outlook. Basically, the update happens automatically but if you have not configured the Windows Update, then you have to do this manually,
#Method 2: Check for the Internal Problem of Outlook
Sometimes Outlook internal content creates this hanging error in Outlook now, to fix this follow the below steps:
First, open the Outlook application, and after that click on the File option.
1. Now, go to the Option and then go to the Trust Center
2. After Trust Center navigate to the Automatic Downlaod. Here you will have the below options.
3. Don’t. download picture or other content automatically in HTML e-mail option.
4. Warn me before downloading content when editing forwarding, or replying to e-mail
5. Also, avoid sending such an email with an external source
#Method 3 Start Outlook Without Add-ons
As we said above that the faulty add-one in Outlook is also the reason for Outlook hangs on loading profile. Now, to check this start the Outlook program in Safe Mode. To open Outlook program in Safe Mode follow the below steps:
Note: Do the following as appropriate for your Operating System
If you are using Windows 8, then swipe from the right edge of the screen and then tap on Search, after that type Run in the search after this type Run.
Or if you running Windows 10, or Windows 7 then select Start
1. After this type Outlook.exe /safe, and then click on the OK.
2. Now, select Option from the File menu and then click on the Add-Ins
3. Choose the COM Add-ins and then select the Go option
4. After all the settings restart the Outlook program to check if the issue is resolved or not. Or after restart the if you still facing the Outlook hangs on loading profile, then move to the next troubleshooting technique.
#Method 4: Check for the Outlook Mailbox Size
We all know that if your Outlook mailbox is oversized, then you will notice this error with your Outlook profile. Because we know that if the mailbox size increases, more resources are required to open any files. Now to decrease the Outlook mailbox size simply delete all the duplicate and unused data items from Outlook PST.
Now, to clean up the junk file from Outlook you can try the Outlook inbuilt clean-up tool which is known as Outlook Clean Up tool. Well, the tool is well capable to remove junk files from the Outlook PST file but not in that manner.
Tool Tip- To remove duplicate files from Outlook PST you can try SysTools Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool. This tool is well capable to remove duplicates for Outlook PST files in just a few clicks. And once the duplicate is removed from Outlook PST, then you can import that specific file to Outlook.
Repair Outlook PST File
As we said Outlook data corruption is also a major reason for Outlook hangs on loading profile. So, after trying everything if you are still getting this issue, then maybe your Outlook data file is corrupted. Now, to repair the Outlook data file Outlook comes with its own Inbox Repair Tool that is known as Scanpst.exe. By using this tool you can easily repair Outlook data files. Now to use this tool follow the below steps:
1. In the default Outlook location search for the Scanpst.exe
2. After that double click on the .exe to open the file.
3. Now, click on the browse button to add the PST file
4. The tool starts the scanning process and once the process ends click on the Repar button
5. Once the task is over your file is repaired
An automated way to Repair Outlook PST File
The above manual process to repair the Outlook data file is nice but as we said above that it only repairs minor corruption from the Outlook PST file. So for a full corruption solution, you can try the Outlook PST Repair Tool.
This tool gives you the option to repair any kind of corruption from Outlook PST file and also it gives you the option to save the repaired data in different file formats. In fact, this is tool is also capable to recover deleted PST data.
As we see that there are many Outlook users facing this hanging and freezing issue with Outlook. So after considering the requirement here in this blog we have discussed the top five methods to resolve Outlook hangs on loading profile issues.