Move Outlook OST File to New Computer in Simple Steps
OST file to new computer, it is quite easy to transfer OST files from one computer to another. Read this blog:
When you are using Microsoft Outlook Application with an Exchange account all the mailbox data resides on the Exchange server. OST aka offline storage table file allows the user to access emails even in case if the user is offline. But sometimes Outlook users want to Move the Outlook OST file to the new computer. Let us consider the user’s query.
“Please help me to move my existing OST file to the new computer, this Outlook OST file has the reference to the old computer (old Microsoft Outlook profile). In which it was created. Please help me out to resolve this issue.”
This problem tackling blog will discuss the best possible ways to migrate the OST file to a new computer. If you are the owner of the Exchange profile then the user can configure the account in Outlook. After that, the user can easily download the mailbox data from the Exchange server.
But if you want to move the Outlook OST file data to another computer then the user has to convert the OST file to PST file format. After completing the conversion process the user can easily import the resultant file in Outlook Application.
Migrating to a new computer is always hectic as far as old data is concerned. In the case of the Outlook OST file, Simply install Outlook on your new computer and configure the same email ID. A new OST file will be created on your new system.
But if you don’t have access to the same email ID. Then perform below-listed steps.
Steps to Move Outlook OST File to New Computer
Here are the two steps to accomplish this task,
1. First, the user has to locate the OST file from your system.
2. Convert the OST file into Readable format for Outlook
Step 1: Locate the OST file from Your System
a.) Open the Control Panel and then click on Mail.
b.) Choose Email accounts in the Mail setup dialogue box.
c.)Select the data files tab and choose the desired account.
d.) Now click on Open file location to know the location of the OST file of your account.
2. Make OST File in Readable Format for Outlook
To perform the OST file to new computer migration process the user can take the help of safe and reliable OST to PST Converter Software.
Perform the Steps:
These steps will help you to move large and orphaned OST files to the new computer.
1. Copy the OST file from the old computer and move it to the new computer by using any external device. After that download the software on your new computer and install it.
2. Click on Add File button from the menu bar.
2. Click on the Select File radio button and browse the OST file from your system.
3. Now choose the Scan Mode from Quick and Advanced Scan. After that click on the Add button.
4. Preview the Complete OST File mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc. After that click on the Export button.
5. Select the PST file format and browse the destination location to save the data. At last click on the Export button.
Note: Now you have a PST file, simply access it in any version of Outlook.
Steps to Import PST File in New Computer Outlook
1. Open the Outlook application and click on the category Open / Export and choose Import /Export.
2. Select the option Import from another program or file.
3. Now choose the Outlook data file (.pst) and click on Next. After that browse the .pst file from your system.
4. Now choose the various folders, and then click on the Finish button.
Note: Your task (migrate OST file to new computer) has been completed.
This is how you can move the Outlook OST file to the new computer. Move forward and access email data in the new computer Outlook versions 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010.