When you are using Microsoft Outlook Application with Exchange account all the mailbox data resides on the Exchange server. OST aka offline storage table file allows the user to access emails even in case if the user is offline. But sometimes Outlook users want to Move Outlook 2013 OST file to new computer. Let us consider the user’s query.
“Please help me to move my existing OST file to the new computer, this Outlook OST file has the reference to the old computer or old Microsoft Outlook profile. In which it was created. Please help me out to resolve this issue.”
This problem tackling blog will discuss the best possible ways to migrate the OST file to a new computer. If you are the owner of the Exchange profile then the user can configure the account in the Outlook. After that, the user can easily download the mailbox data from the Exchange server.
But if you want to move the Outlook OST file data to another computer then the user has to convert the Outlook OST file to MS Outlook PST file format. After completing the conversion process the user can easily import the resultant PST file in Outlook Application.
Steps to Move Outlook 2013 OST File to New Computer
are the two steps to accomplish this task,
First, the user has to locate the OST file from your system.
2. Convert the OST file to Outlook PST file format by using Safe and Reliable OST to PST Converter application.
1: Locate the OST file from your System
a.) Open the Control Panel and then click on Mail.
b.) Choose Email accounts in the Mail setup dialogue box.
c.)Select the data files tab and choose the desired account.
d.) Now click on Open file location to know the location of the OST file of your account.
After Locating the OST File Data the User has to Convert it into Outlook PST File format
To perform the OST file to Outlook PST conversion process the user can take the help of safe and reliable OST to PST Converter Application. This application is designed to convert the OST files and mailboxes to Outlook PST file format. Also, this software is capable to convert the orphaned as well as the damaged OST files.
This application provides various options to save the OST file data as Outlook PST / EML / MSG / HTML / PDF formats. It also helps the user to exports the IMAP / Exchange / Office 365 OST files. Also, this application is a powerful application to convert the OST file emails data along with its attachments. This software is compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2019 / 2016 / 2013 its prior version.
Step 2: In this step, the user has to Change OST file to PST file format
1. Download and Launch the Software on your machine.
2.Click on the Select File radio button and browse the OST file from your system.
3. Now choose the Scan Mode from Quick and Advanced Scan. After that click on the Add button.
4. Preview the Complete OST File mailbox items such as emails, contacts,calendars, etc. After that click on the Export button.
5. Select the PST file format and browse the destination location to save the data. At last click on the Export button.
Note: After saving the data in the resultant PST file format, the user can easily transfer this PST file to the new computer with the help of an external hard drive or USB drive.
the Steps to Import this PST file In Outlook Application
1. Open the Outlook application and click on the category Open / Export and choose Import /Export.
2. Select the option Import from another program or file.
3. Now choose the Outlook data file (.pst) and click on Next. After that browse the .pst file from your system.
4. Now choose the various folders, and then click on the Finish button.
This is how you can move Outlook 2013 OST file to new computer. To perform the OST file to PST file migration process we have used OST Converter program. Because there are so many limitations to the manual process. Also in case if you have a corrupted and orphaned OST file then the user cannot perform the conversion process manually. So it is better to take the help of expert solutions to accomplish this task.