Know How to Migrate Zoho to Office 365? Best Ways!
User Query: Hello, We were looking for a way to access all Zoho emails and attachments in Microsoft 365. As in, we are facing some integration issues while managing our data in Zoho Mail. Zoho worked well for us when our company was running a small business. However, now that we have expanded our business and required some changes, we have decided to migrate to the Office 365 platform. So, can anyone help us with a reliable solution so that we can easily migrate email from Zoho to Office 365.
Zoho Mail gained a substantial amount of audience during its era due to its merits. Still, businesses want to learn how to migrate Zoho to Office 365 but why? The main reason for this migration is storage space issues while keeping a large email data in the mailbox. Microsoft 365 even has some capabilities that are helpful to enhance productivity. Moreover, businesses and organizations can get personalized email addresses as well as smart integration and collaboration options.
As a result, Zoho Mail service is only suited for small scale businesses. But, for large organizations, Office 365 platform is far better. So, in this article, we will provide you a clear information about this migration with a step by step guide.
Table of Contents:
- Why Do Users Transfer Zoho Emails to Office 365?
- Manual Method to Migrate Zoho to Office 365
- Critical Limitations of the Manual Method
- Migrate Zoho Mail to Office 365 via Automated Solution
- Transfer Zoho Emails to Office 365 Account on Windows OS
- Steps to Migrate Zoho to Office 365 for Mac
- What Makes the Automated Solution Special?
Why Do Users Transfer Zoho Emails to Office 365?
If you work in a small or small-scale organization, Zoho Platform may be the right email client for you. However, Zoho to Office 365 migration is a good option when your company expands its operations.
While all Microsoft Office 365 Business plans come with 1 TB of storage with OneDrive access, Zoho’s WorkDrive storage space varies depending on the plan, starting at 5 GB per user. For enterprises seeking more storage space, this may not be enough. Therefore, storage limits are a major factor as to why organizations migrate their email data to a different mail client.
Manual Method to Migrate Zoho to Office 365
The manual method is only appropriate when organizations need to transfer Zoho emails to Office 365 of only a few users. Users will have to complete several steps through the Settings tab of Zoho Mail. However, if the organization wants to move multiple mailboxes. Users should save all the data in PST file format and they can use drive shipping method or network uploading to import all those emails to Microsoft 365. Hence, manual methods are not recommended by top technical experts in case of multiple users.
Critical Limitations of the Manual Method
The manual method works decently but has several loopholes that sometimes pose serious risks to data integrity. So, to migrate Zoho to Office 365, it is important to understand each and every factor in detail.
- There’s a good chance you’ll lose data integrity, especially if you’re working with attachments. Your Zoho Mail files can get corrupted and if you don’t have a backup, there is no way to get your data back.
- The more data there is, the longer it takes to migrate. This is because the manual method is time consuming, whereas for businesses, their time is their money. As a result, in most of the cases, organizations miss their deadlines.
- Also, manual methods do not provide the freedom to selectively migrate Zoho mail to Microsoft 365. Moreover, it is quite difficult to manage the email data filled in the destination accounts. As no folder hierarchy and email properties are maintained in this way.
Because of these drawbacks, it would be more practical to use tools that can complete the Zoho to Office 365 migration.
Migrate Zoho to Office 365 via Automated Solution
Considering the above mentioned limitations of the manual method, users can opt for IMAP to Office 365 Migration Tool. Using this tool, one can transfer emails quickly to the destination platform. Moreover, there is very little chance of things messing up here as data security is the utmost priority.
Furthermore, performing the migration procedure is quite easy to understand because of its simple GUI interface. Hence, a novice user can even transfer email data by applying different filters as required on both Windows OS or Mac OS.
Businesses have accepted this method and it has currently the maximum success rate than any of the manual methods available. Opting for the modern approach for migrating bulk emails is the right choice for rapidly expanding organizations.
Transfer Zoho Emails to Office 365 Account on Windows OS
Let us now understand the step by step process of performing the migration through professional solution.
- Download the tool, Select Source & Destination platform as IMAP and Office 365 options.
- Select Email & apply Date Filter as per your requirements.
- After this, enter details of server for Source & credentials for Destination platform & Validate permissions.
- Here, Add / fetch Users using Import & Download Template options.
- After this, just enter source app password, validate & then click on Start Migration to begin the Zoho to Office 365 migration.
Steps to Migrate Zoho to Office 365 for Mac
Firstly, download the Zoho mail to Office 365 migration software on any Mac OS version.
- Now, from the initial screen follow prerequisites as given, tap Continue.
- Then, to transfer Zoho email to Office 365 account, select Zoho Mail option from the list as a source account, validate it.
- Now, opt the Office 365 option for account validation by providing user name and password in the fields.
- Afterwards, tap on the Add option for a batch process to migrate Zoho to Office 365 account simultaneously.
- Finally, click the Start Migration option to begin the process, the tool will transfer all selected emails in the destination account. After completion of procedure, the tool even provide a report of the migration containing all information.
What Makes the Automated Solution Special?
There are many advantages of using an automated tool which make it better than others. Let us know how this software differs from the manual solution and what it has to offer to its users.
- The automatic solution is much faster than the manual one. It has the capability to do the entire migration in minimum time. Hence, it ultimately increases the work efficiency.
- Furthermore, there are a variety of filters that this tool offers to help users migrate Zoho email to Office 365 in a customized manner. Users can avoid transferring unwanted emails to destination accounts.
- Similarly, Delta migration is another feature that can migrate new incoming emails from source account to destination.
- Using this professional tool, one can selectively transfer Zoho emails to Office 365 via date filter option. So, all the users go for the customized migration on their respective operating systems.
- Furthermore, one can operate this tool on all the latest versions of Mac OS such as Mac OS 13.0, Mac 12.0, Mac 11.0, Mac 10.8 and others. For Windows users, one can use Windows based Zoho to Microsoft 365 migration software on Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows (64bit) 10/11 OS editions.
Bringing It All Together
If a user or organization is planning to perform this complex operation, an automated solution is the right choice. This tool can help users to migrate Zoho to Office 365 without data loss. Moreover, before stepping into any work, it is important to get complete information about it. So, you can simply go for the free trial version of this tool to get more information. Hence, manual operation should be the last option to avoid errors or any data loss.