How to Transfer Files from Google Drive to Google Drive?
If you want to transfer Google Drive from one account to another, it is a bit long process. Looking for the solution is worth it only if you are reaching the size limit of your free Google account. In addition, you want to copy G Drive to another G account like a business account. No doubt, it provides 15GB of free storage which is really good. It sounds great but there is a catch in that also. This total of 15 GB of storage space is shared by Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos. Therefore, in some cases, users usually run out of space on their accounts. It is really common to have multiple Google accounts so, moving files from G Drive to Google Drive is the optimal solution.
For complete data migration between Google Drives, a user is suggested to go for instant solutions i.e., the Google Drive Migrator tool. It moves entire data from one Google Drive to Another Google Drive in no time.
Google does not provide us with a seamless way of migrating data from one account to another. Thus, in this blog, various workarounds are covered so that one can try to migrate Google Drive data to new account or another account.
- Multiple Workarounds to Transfer G Drive to Another Account
- Still in Doubt: Hire a Professional Solution
- People Also Ask
Multiple Workarounds to Transfer Files from Google Drive to Google Drive
Before starting the migration between the drives manually, keep in mind that:
- There is no direct or inbuilt utility offered by Google to perform data transfer between google drives.
- There are high chances that the manual solution does not preserve formatting if anything goes wrong.
- In the case of large amounts of data, the manual solution will be quite lengthy and time-consuming.
Method 1: Using the Manual Method
If you want to transfer files from Google Drive to another Google Drive without any downloading or uploading procedure, then follow the guidelines mentioned below:
1. First of all, log in to your Google Drive account from which you want to move data.
2. After that, choose all files or folders that you wish your another G Drive account.
3. Then, you need to right-click on the file or folder and choose the Share button or Share icon as shown below:
4. Now, here you have to enter another Google Drive email address. Then, click on the Advanced button.
Here, you need to change the permission to Is Owner in the Share Settings section.
5. Click on the Send button and begin the transferring process.
Next, you have to log in to another Google Drive account. After that, click on the Shared with me option from the left panel.
6. By default Google Drive will not let you make a copy of the folder. You can create a copy of the files within it. After that, move it to a new folder or sub-folder in order to repeat the hierarchy of original files and folder.
7. To do the same, right-click on each file or select all and click on the Make a copy button. You need to rename the files suitably and transfer them to a new folder.
8. At last, you can go back to the primary Google Drive account and delete the files from the Drive and bin.
Method 2: Using Takeout
Another possible way to transfer files from Google Drive to Google Drive is with the help of Google Takeout. To know-how, simply follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Go to https://takeout.google.com/ with your primary Google Drive account.
2. After that, choose the Select None button.
3. Then, scroll down the window and turn on the Drive option.
4. Now, depending upon your choice you can select files or folders from Google Drive that you want to transfer.
Note: You are also allowed to choose the file formats of data that you want to download from Google Drive based on your choice.
5. Click on the Next button.
6. Then, choose .zip as a file type and choose the Send download link via email option in the Delivery Method section.
7. At last, click on the Create Archive button to begin the process.
8. After that, you can go to your Google account and click on the received Download Link to save the ZIP file on the local machine.
Note: The download link will expire in 56 days so, it is better to download data before that only.
9. Now, you can easily extract data from the ZIP file and save it at any desired location in their respective file formats.
10. Open Google Drive of another account and click on the + New button.
11. Choose either the File Upload or Folder Upload option.
12. Browse to the location of downloaded files and click on the Open button.
Your selected data is successfully transferred from Google Drive storage to another Google account.
Still in Doubt: Hire a Professional Solution
As you can see above the manual solutions are not a feasible way of transferring files from Google Drive to Google Drive. Therefore, switching to a third-party tool will be a smart choice. Google Drive Migrator is the popularly used application for the same. It let you transfer G Drive files to another account without any limitations. This tool lets users migrate data from both user and admin accounts. In addition, the software is capable to transfer permissions, deleted items, and shared files.
People also ask:
1. How can I move selective folders from G Drive to another account?
In both ways i.e., manual and professional way, a user has a choice to select a particular file(s) or folders to transfer.
2. How can I migrate read or write permissions from one Google Drive account to another?
With the help of the Google Drive Migrator tool suggested above, it is possible to move permissions also between the drives.
3. Can I share the entire Google Drive from one account to another?
Yes, you are allowed to share a complete drive also with another account in the same way as explained in method 1 above.