How to Save Lotus Notes Emails to Hard Drive in Easy Way?
Lotus Notes is an email client where users can access their emails online as well as offline mode. There are multiple features provided by IBM Notes but it provided limited size limitation for mailboxes and after the mailbox exceeds its size then, users can not able to access their email data. In the worst scenario, there is a chance of data corruption. So, to protect your data from to get corrupt and to keep your data secure, it important to create a backup or save Lotus Notes emails to hard drive.
Therefore, in this write-up, we are going to discuss How to Save Lotus Notes Emails to Hard Drive? So, stay with us to learn the process of Creating IBM Notes Backup and Import Lotus Notes Emails.
Content on this Article
Why We Need to Create a Backup of Lotus Notes Mailbox?
There are various reasons to create backup of Lotus Notes and some of them listed below:
Migration – There are many users want to migrate to another email client like Outlook, Thunderbird and many more. In that case, they have to migrate their data to different file formats.
Backup – As we said above, Lotus Notes gives us a limited amount of data storage and when we exceeded the size of mailbox data storage, then there is a chance of corruption. Hence, to secure the data users want to create a backup and save Lotus Notes emails into their hard drive.
Versions Update – Most of the users using the old version of Lotus Notes and they want to upgrade to latest version of Lotus Notes like Lotus notes 7.0.2 to Lotus Notes 9.0.1. Hence, in this cases, users need backup of Lotus Notes.
How to Save Lotus Notes Emails to Hard Drive Partition?
In this section, we are going to discuss the tree best solution to save Lotus Notes emails data to Hard Drive. So, let’s start the procedure.
Solution 1: Save Lotus Notes Emails, Contacts to PST
Many users want to save their data in PST file format. Because they want to switch from Lotus Notes to Outlook and we know that Outlook supports PST file format to store its mailbox data. But due to lack of knowledge, they start searching for the solution. So, if you want to save your emails in PST file format, then try the best and most reliable tool for backup process and i.e. SysTools Export Notes.
This NSF to PST Converter Tool converts IBM Notes to PST file with emails, contacts, tasks, notes, journals, etc with intact metadata in a very effective manner.
Download Now Purchase Now
Some Additional Features of the Software
- Export Selected Folder or Mailbox item from IBM Notes.
- Maintain Internet Header, HTML formatting and Doclinks of NSF emails.
- Convert Encrypted NSF file to PST as well gives the option to apply filer while conversion process.
- It gives you a complete status report of the exporting process.
- Capable to maintain folder structure.
- The software has a very easy and enhanced user interface.
- This tool is compatible with all version of Lotus Notes like 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 8.5 and so on.
Solution 2: Save Lotus Notes to EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF
As we know, there is no manual method available to save Lotus Notes emails into EML, MSG, and PDF. So, to overcome this situation try a third-party solution i.e. SysTools NSF Converter Tool. This is the best-rated tool on the internet for saving NSF to EML, MSG, MBOX, and PDF file format without any data loss. Also the benefits of the file formats is that you can use it on Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail and many others emails clients.
Download Now Purchase Now
List of Key Features of NSF Converter Tool
- Capable to export complete NSF file and keeps the meta properties, attachments and formatting intact.
- There is no limitation on the number of files that can convert into MSG, EML, and PDF.
- It is capable to maintain the folder structure of NSF file to save the data.
- The tool provides multiple features to set during NSF conversion to EML, MSG, and PDF like HTML Formatting, Internet Header, Docklink, Remove Encryption and many more.
- Provision to mask the canonical name with the desired SMTP address.
- Allow to Search and Export NSF file items within Subfolders.
- Supports the conversion of all document folder.
- Provide various filter option for conversion process.
Solution 3: How to Save Lotus Notes in CSV File Format?
Lotus Notes gives an option to save its emails data in CSV file format. So, if you want to save your IBM Notes emails into CSV file format or want to upgrade your Lotus Notes to latest versions then follow the listed steps below.
Step 1: First, Open Lotus Notes and select File tab
Step 2: Now, choose the Export option
Step 3: After that, from Import/Export Wizard select the folder for saving the file. Then select Comma Separates Value from the pull-down menu of Save As Type and click on Export button
Step 4: Now, the CSV Export window will open. Select the document you want to export and click on OK button.
Note:- After exporting process you can easily import your resultant file to latest Lotus Notes by using import option.
If you want to upgrade, migrate and want to keep your data secure of Lotus Notes, then go through this article. It fully dedicated to how to save Lotus Notes emails to Hard Drive. Moreover, after creating a backup of your emails data you can easily do all the task which you want as per your requirement.