How to Reduce Outlook PST File Size without Outlook?
Almost every single person uses the Microsoft Outlook email client to send and receive emails. Users rely on the PST file to save messages, appointments, calendars, notes, and other data. But, the PST file can easily shrink in size, which can affect Outlook’s performance and speed. In this situation, a user needs to reduce the size of PST to manage data. So, we considered this issue and come up with a manual and professional solution for how to reduce Outlook PST file size without Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013. Go through the complete to understand the top techniques to reduce Outlook Mailbox size without deleting.
Common Errors Occur Due to Large PST File
- The data file could not be added to the folder. The action could not be completed.
- The file Outlook PST has reached its limit size.
- Errors have been detected in the file outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all.
- Outlook PST data file cannot be accessed.
- An unknown error has occurred 4013 etc.
Why Users Need to Reduce Outlook PST File Size?
- To maximize the performance and speed of Microsoft Outlook.
- For appropriate management of the Outlook application.
- To prevent MS Outlook PST files from corruption issues.
Solution to Reduce Outlook PST File Size without Outlook
The Split PST Software reduces PST file size and improves the performance of Microsoft Outlook without affecting the originality of file size. Using this reliable utility, you can instantly break the complete Outlook database, like contacts, calendars, journals, task notes, and much more.
The application is coming up with an understandable interface. So, a novice user can also operate it to split Outlook PST file into smaller parts without any modification. The application supports splitting both types of PST files either ANSI or UNICODE. It works with all versions of MS Outlook like Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. Moreover, it supports all versions of the Windows Operating System such as Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Easy Guide to Reduce PST File Size
- Download the Software.
- Add files and folders and search for PST
- Select partition options: Size, Date, Year, Folder, Email, Category
- Review the partition summary information and click Next to continue
- At this point, the separation process is complete.
Steps to Reduce Outlook PST File Size without Outlook
Here, in this segment, we will discuss the instructions to execute the Outlook data file size-reducing procedure. You just have to follow all of them to implement the process successfully. Let’s begin:
- Download and install Microsoft PST Splitter tool to split large Outlook data files
- Next, Choose Add PST Files or Folder(s) & select desired PST File.
- Several Split PST Options: Split by Size, Date, Year, Folder, Email ID and Category.
- The tool provides the avalilty to split PST by size. Users can select the desired size in MB, GB, or TB to break PST into the desired size.
- After selecting the Split by Size option and providing the required information, click the Next button to continue.
- Now the software will show summary information about separation. Click “Next” to start the PST conversion process.
- Once the user clicks on the “Next” button, the tool will start the process of splitting PST by size.
Are You Gazing For Free Method?
There are so many MS Outlook users who are searching for a manual solution for how to decrease Outlook PST file size. Here, we have come up with free solutions to reduce PST file size in Outlook. In the upcoming segment, we are going to mention the techniques to reduce Outlook mailbox size. Just go ahead to resolve this issue.
Manual Approach to Reduce PST File Size in Outlook
Unluckily, Microsoft does not provide any specific inbuilt utility to reduce Outlook PST file size. So, we are going to discuss some available manual ways which help to break PST file. Simply, you just have to follow anyone method to fix your problem. Let’s begin:
#1: Use Archive Method to Reduce Outlook Data File Size
- First, you have to run the Microsoft Outlook program on your system.
- Then, choose the desired PST file which you need to move to another new PST file.
- Hit on the File tab and choose Archive.
- Here, a dialog box will appear on your screen. Now, you have to check Archive this folder and all subfolders options to proceed further.
- Choose the preferred folders from the list, which you need to move.
- Now, ‘The Archive items older than” option will display. Choose any date as per your need from the calendar.
- Lastly, browse the desired location to store the new PST file and name it accordingly. After that, click on the OK button to finish the procedure to reduce the size of PST.
#2: Import / Export Method to Reduce PST File in Outlook
- To reduce PST file size size, open Outlook on your local machine.
- Here, in the Menu option you have to navigate to the File tab>>Account Settings>> choose Account Setting.
- Now, a dialog box will display, you have to choose the Data Files tab >>Add button.
- Choose Outlook Data File(.pst) from the ‘New Outlook Data File’ dialog box. Then, hit the OK button to generate a new PST file.
- Subsequently, the user can view the selected PST file in the Data Files tab.
- Again navigate to File>>Open>>Import. After that, the Import/Export window will appear.
- You have to choose the Export option and hit on the Next button.
Here, opt for Outlook PST file and hit on the Next button
- Choose any folder item to export from the Export Outlook Data File dialog box. To choose the subfolder, you have to check the Include SubFolder option.
- Navigate to the location where you stored the newly created PST file for saving the exported file data. And click on the Finish button.
- You can also secure your data by setting up a password. As per your requirement, you can add the password for a file or cancel it.
- A new PST file is generated which the user can view in Microsoft Outlook.
#3: Move Folder to Reduce Outlook Mailbox Size
- First of all, start MS Outlook on your local system.
- Go to the File tab and New>>Outlook Data File ‘PST’.
- Now, a dialog box will display on your screen, here you have to choose PST file and hit on the OK button.
- Then, the ‘Create Microsoft Personal Folder’ dialog box will appear. After that, add the name of this newly created PST file.
- Choose one or more folders that you need to move to the new PST file.
- Navigate to the Edit Menu>>select the Move to Folder option to proceed further.
- Subsequently, the ‘A Move items’ dialog box will display, hit on the New button.
- Here, the ‘Create New Folder’ wizard will appear. You have to name the folder accordingly.
- Choose the ‘where to place the folder’ option. Then, opt new PST file>>hit on the OK button.
- Finally, move the components of the new PST to the newly generated folder and click on the OK button.
Microsoft Outlook is a proficiently used email client. But sometimes, users encountered issues related to PST files. Therefore, it becomes important to reduce Outlook PST file Size without Outlook. Once users split large PST files and reduce the size of PST, it becomes easy to manage the Outlook data files. Thus, in the above segments, we have discussed efficient and reliable techniques and solutions on how to decrease Outlook PST file size. It can be used to reduce PST files in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007 without data loss.