How to Import Contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp [SOLVED]
Emailing services are still the most powerful means of marketing that lets us maintain direct communication with our audience. MailChimp is one among such email service providers. Many of you might be familiar with MailChimp and remember its funny monkey logo.
But, in case you have no idea about MailChimp then, let me describe it in brief:
MailChimp is a web application used to send informative e-messages or email campaigns in HTML format compatible with all email clients. This tool is used to create newsletters for email marketing and link clients to websites. It allows using various components, devices, and web page styles to give our email a funky hooked look. Ultimately it is a digital tool used to create, send, and calculate the email marketing campaign impact. And this is the reason why most of us want to import our personal or business contacts from other platforms to Mailchimp.
So, today in this article we are going to discuss one such migration I.e., How to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp.
Queries we’re going to cover here:
- Can you import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
- What is the method export contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
- How a user can import email contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
- Solution export Outlook Contacts to Mailchimp?
- How to import Outlook Contacts to Mailchimp?
So, let’s get started!
How to Import Contacts from Outlook to MailChimp?
This section will describe a simple and step-by-step solution for importing Outlook contacts to Mailchimp. It is recommended to follow each step carefully and sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss.
Step 1. Export Contacts from Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook and click on the File menu.
- Select Open & Export >> Import/Export.
- Choose Export to a file option from Import and Export Wizard. Click Next.
- Select the Comma Separated Values option and click Next.
- Choose the Contacts folder and hit the Next button.
- Click on Browse and select a destination location to save the resultant file. Click Next.
- Then finally click on Finish
Step 2. Import Outlook Contacts to Mailchimp
- Open Mailchimp and click on the Lists menu.
- Click on Add Contacts and choose Import Contacts.
- Select CSV or tab-delimited text file option, click Next to initiate import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp.
- Click Browse and choose the CSV converted from step 1. Click Next.
- Check Show Skipped Column and click the Skip all button from Import.
- Contacts window. Click Next >> Import.
- Your Import is Complete message will pop-up.
After this, all the CSV contacts will be imported to the Mailchimp subscribers list and can be accessed simply.
What if I’m unable to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
In some cases, Mailchimp refuses to import the contact CSV file and this happens due to formatting and other compatibility issues with CSV. If this is happening with you, then we recommend following the steps below to execute the process using this tool.
- Download CSV File Converter on your Mac machine and add the converted Outlook CSV into the software.
- Preview CSV contacts information and selects TXT as an export option (because MailChimp allows importing TXT files as well).
- Map CSV columns with TXT and browse a destination location to save the output file. Click Export.
- It will convert all the CSV contacts into TXT file format.
- After this, follow the guidelines given in Step 2 and import Outlook Contacts to MailChimp without any difficulty.
How to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp is one of the most asked questions by professionals. Here we have disclosed an easy solution to perform this task in a simple way. In case if you become fail to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp (which is very common), we have mentioned another solution for the same as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. Open MS Outlook. Click on File >> Open&Export >> Import/Export >> Export to a file >> Comma Separated Values >> Export.
A. Non–subscribed Mailchimp contacts are the contacts who have interacted with the online store but they have not opted in to receive email marketing campaigns.
A. The Free Mailchimp plan includes 2,000 contacts across all the audiences in the account, and 12,000 email sends per month.