How to Import Contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp [SOLVED]
Emailing services are still the most powerful means of marketing that lets us maintain direct communication with our audience. MailChimp is one among such email service providers. Many of you might be familiar with MailChimp and remembering its funny monkey logo.
But, in case if you have no idea about MailChimp then, let me describe it in brief:
MailChimp is a web application used to send informative e-messages or email campaigns in HTML format compatible with all email clients. This tool is used to create newsletters for email marketing and link clients to websites. It allows to use various components, devices, and web page styles to give our email a funky hooked look. Ultimately it is a digital tool used to create, send, and calculate the email marketing campaign impact. And this is the reason for what most of us want to import our personal or business contacts from other platforms to Mailchimp.
So, today in this article we are going to discuss one such migration I.e., import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp.
Queries we’re going to cover here:
- Can you import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
- How to export contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
- How to import email contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
- How to export Outlook Contacts to Mailchimp?
- How to import Outlook Contacts to Mailchimp?
So, let’s get started!
How to Import Contacts from Outlook to MailChimp?
In this section will describe a simple and step-by-step solution for importing Outlook contacts to Mailchimp. It is recommended to follow each step carefully and sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss.
Step 1. Export Contacts from Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook and click on the File menu
- Select Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Choose Export to a file option from Import and Export Wizard. Click Next
- Select Comma Separated Values option and click Next
- Choose Contacts folder and hit the Next button
- Click on Browse and select a destination location to save the resultant file. Click Next
Step 2. Import Outlook Contacts to Mailchimp
- Open Mailchimp and click on Lists menu
- Click on Add Contacts and choose Import Contacts
- Select CSV or tab-delimited text file option, click Next to initiate import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp
- Click Browse and choose the CSV converted from step 1. Click Next
- Check Show Skipped Column and click Skip all button from Import
- Contacts window. Click Next >> Import
- Your Import is Complete message will pop-up
After this, all the CSV contacts will be imported to Mailchimp subscribers list and can be accessed simply
What if I’m unable to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp?
In some cases, Mailchimp refuses to import the contact CSV file and this happens due to formatting and other compatibility issues with CSV. If this is happening with you, then it is recommended to follow the steps below to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp:
- Download CSV File Converter on your Mac machine and add the converted Outlook CSV into the software
- Preview CSV contacts information and select TXT as an export option (because MailChimp allows to import TXT files as well)
- Map CSV columns with TXT and browse a destination location to save the output file. Click Export
- All the CSV contacts will get converted into TXT file format
- After this, follow the guidelines given in Step 2 and import Outlook Contacts to MailChimp without any difficulty
Want to access your Outlook contacts from other applications or devices? Convert CSV to VCF
and import the converted vCard from multiple platforms simply.
How to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp is one of the most asked questions by professionals. Here we have disclosed an easy solution to perform this task in a simple way. In case if you become fail to import contacts from Outlook to Mailchimp (which is very common), we have mentioned another solution for the same as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How do I export my Outlook contacts?
A. Open MS Outlook. Click on File >> Open&Export >> Import/Export >> Export to a file >> Comma Separated Values >> Export
Q. What are non subscribed contacts in Mailchimp?
A. Non–subscribed Mailchimp contacts are the contacts who has interacted with the online store but they has not opted in to receive email marketing campaigns.
Q. How many contacts can I have in Mailchimp?
A. The Free Mailchimp plan includes 2,000 contacts across all the audiences in account, and 12,000 email sends per month.